It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle sees fallout from $15 minimum wage, as other cities follow suit

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: RealTruthSeeker
hell you can't even go to burger king with out spending dam near $10 for a combo meal.

This is part of the problem. Stop eating there. That is an absurd amount of money to pay for a meal for one person on a budget.

Stop by the Cooking Forum where we all trade recipes that are cheaper and more healthful to prepare than any fast food meal.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: RealTruthSeeker
hell you can't even go to burger king with out spending dam near $10 for a combo meal.

This is part of the problem. Stop eating there. That is an absurd amount of money to pay for a meal for one person on a budget.

Stop by the Cooking Forum where we all trade recipes that are cheaper and more healthful to prepare than any fast food meal.

You cook? That's my hobby also

link   
a reply to: Ultralight
Actually it just rolled off that way, I really don't care for Fiji that much and I didn't way to tell anyone about where I really go….

link   

originally posted by: In4ormant

Former chef, I owned two restaurants.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: proob4

It appears any asshole whole is financially set just does get it?

What is there to get? Fast food workers are low-skilled and do not deserve $15 hour.

For them You try living on $15 and hour part time. And before you start saying get a additional job. Try scheduling that sometime.

I worked three jobs at one point, one of them full time. I also worked a year straight when my mother and I bought our first restaurant (with the money I saved form those three jobs).

Otherwise just shut up it's summertime and enjoy the pool at your vacation house or your Caribbean cruise.

Did the Caribbean last year, this summer it is Italy.

Just lay off the people who actually work harder than you for scraps....

None of them would be able to do my job, and all it entails, with their current skill set and frankly, they would cry for their mommies with my hours if they cannot even handle part time work.

Seriously where the hell you get off determining what a worker is worth? And where the hell you think you work harder at. Ever think maybe if you think you work harder you just might be worth more a hour than $15 a hour also. yea keep the koolaide flowing pal, keep it flowing!

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Govt should be rewarding people for working but instead we pay people not to work. The gulf between sitting on your azz and working even a minimum wage job needs to be wide enough so that no one would prefer to sit on their azz.

Those of us against raising the minimum wage have repeatedly pointed out that the type of outcome described in this article would be the result. The only people ever surprised at this stuff are the progressive liberals who come up with these grand schemes that ultimately implode in failure. However, instead of recognizing it is their ideology that is the problem, they will rationalize that not enough money was spent.

link   

Seriously where the hell you get off determining what a worker is worth?

Because I have owned my own businesses and managed the P&L for them, that is how.

And where the hell you think you work harder at.

My current position.

Ever think maybe if you think you work harder you just might be worth more a hour than $15 a hour also.

I get paid a hell of a lot more than that, trust me.

link   
a reply to: proob4
If I am employer, I decide how much I can pay for a particular position. That is based upon many factors. If someone meets the criteria for the job, and is wiling to accept the pay rate I (the employer) has decided upon, then great. Otherwise, keep moving on to the next interview jack.

link   
a reply to: DAVID64

And at the end of the day we have zero information about what is actually only going on.

We have a talk radio host and some one saying people are asking for less hours.

It might not even be related. Guess you never had to take some time off from work to take care of life.

Enjoy your guys rant about how paying people living wage is horrible.

Sad this all started on such little info lm

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Former chef, I owned two restaurants.
OMG great past owner. I bow down to you now. You must know of how much a person makes because of such experience huh? Gimme a break sounds like you failed twice and have a grudge!

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

And that's peanuts' for wages. Thanks for pointing that out!

I think that is overcompensation for the low skilled labor they perform.

Sorry to hear you like fast food slavery.

Stop calling it slavery. They chose the life they lead. No one forced them to slack off in that publicly funded school, or drop out, or knock up that girl at 17, or get knocked up at 16. Quit being an apologist

So because they didn't make the perfect choices a couple of times in life they deserve to work 40 hours and still not make enough to even survive?

Nice to meet you Stalin, my name is John.

link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
If I am employer, I decide how much I can pay for a particular position. That is based upon many factors. If someone meets the criteria for the job, and is wiling to accept the pay rate I (the employer) has decided upon, then great. Otherwise, keep moving on to the next interview jack.

See thats the whole thing JACK, you crooks know the scale of the wages. Thats the whole problem. People deserve much more.

link   

originally posted by: Vector99
Here's a thought, eliminate non-skilled jobs by not ever supporting them. That in turn should force the workforce to become better skilled right?

Here's a business that article referenced. A comic book store. Don't go there.

Here is a thought, with Moore's Law and all, determine how long it is going to take for a computer and a robot to take the "Do you want fries with that?" jobs. Then what/ it is all the evil Toyota Robotics fault that I did not try hard or recognize the fast coming trends that are BLARING on the internet everywhere; nope, I was too busy complaining about all the rich people to pay attention to taking care of my future.

Way to go hero.

link   
a reply to: greencmp

What scenario are you meaning in "doesn't work out"? No, I don't keep people who commit crimes. I don't fire often or without having attempted to salvage the employees work. Do they have too large a work load? Personal probs? Etc.

My occupation allows for minimum losses.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

I respectfully disagree. SOME people deserve more, not everyone. Nobody owes you a dime if it is not earned IMO.

Jack...

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

OMG great past owner. I bow down to you now.

No need to grovel, it is unseemly.

You must know of how much a person makes because of such experience huh?

Yes, when you have a combined staff of around 30-40 people, depending on the season, you need to be aware of what salaries are being demanded not only by new associates but current ones deserving an increase.

Gimme a break sounds like you failed twice and have a grudge!

Nope, sold them both for a profit.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

See thats the whole thing JACK, you crooks know the scale of the wages. Thats the whole problem. People deserve much more.

The whole thing is JILL, you are complaining around here instead of studying or working to change you position in life and want to blame others.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: notmyrealname

You're a smart one, arentcha?

I bet you are an employer who gets it.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight
a reply to: notmyrealname

There was a time I had to make a small can of chili beans and 3 tortillas last for 3 meals. I get your drift.

Why Fiji of all places?

There is a great quote from Thomas Sowell that I can't seem to find right now that says that americans are obsessed with economic class as if it is some sort of constant when, in fact, all americans traverse economic class both upward and downward throughout their lives.

"I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money."

"Liberals seem to assume that, if you don't believe in their particular political solutions, then you don't really care about the people that they claim to want to help."

-Thomas Sowell

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Why does a high school drop out who has decided to do nothing with their life DESERVE anything more?? People deserve what they have EARNED.

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join