It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First time discussing, my uneasy to share, UFO sighting/experience. (@Phila. Naval Yard)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Hi everyone, this subject has always been difficult for me and even harder to share, besides one or two very close people I have shared this with, this will be the first time really getting it off my chest. As a long time ATS member I hope my experience benefits the community and sparks a interesting and productive conversation. Now first let me give you a little background and context around this sighting and hopefully Ill be at ease about what happened and not feel like I'm crazy

The sighting happened when I was about 5-6 years old so in 95-96. At the time I was living at an apartment complex located in S. Philadelphia behind FDR Park infront of the retired airforce bace and semi active Phila. Naval Yard, which from what I read has a very interesting history.

It was about 8 at night and it was dark out my mother and I had just arrived by cab home from shopping. While my mom and driver where unloading the groceries from the trunk a very silent low flying object passed not to far above the tree line and building going east to west towards the naval yard area. The object took about a minute to pass over it was completely covered in different lights and could have been a cigar saucer shape but it was so long and low flying im unsure. To this day this event haunts me, I cannot get it out of my mind, I can replay it like a movie. Ofcourse my mom did not believe me and once got to our Apartment I ran to the back window, which was the direct the object was heading and saw nothing. Im not good with sizes but I will try, the height of the object had to be t to 6 stories high and the length was maybe 2 football fields. It was slow moving but fast enough to that the people in the trunk when done taking out the bags did not get a glimpse. I wish smartphones were around back then because it would of made an amazing video. I hope sharing this helps me, im kind of nervous, but I think maybe it will haunt me less by getting it out.

Also, I dont know if this is related or not, but I have always had a fear of looking at images of 'grey' aliens 👽, even to this day it makes me feel uneasy. Maybe there is a connection, I dont know.

Anyway thank you for reading and any insights about my sighting, stories about Philadelphia & Phila. Navy yard strangeness, and all other comments are much appreciated. All questions are welcome.
I'll try to respond quickly⚡.

edit on 22-7-2015 by spmc215 because: Added some emojis 📡 and made minor edits. 😊
edit on 22-7-2015 by spmc215 because: Title & Minor Changea

edit on 23/7/2015 by Gemwolf because: Removed unrecognized characters from title
extra DIV

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing your story. I can imagine that it would have made a big impression on you as a child to experience such a thing. Have you seen it again in later years? Have you had other experiences of visitations?

I have never experienced such things which I wish I had. It would be something to see for sure.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: spmc215

snip:

www.nbcnews.com...

Military heritage
Unmanned aerial vehicles, from airships to stationary balloons--called aerostats—have a long history of use by the military. The most well-established lighter-than-air program now in use is a series of aerostats along the southern U.S. border. These 208 foot long balloons resemble mini-blimps without the gondola. Unmanned, they are unblinking eyes-in-the-sky used for drug interdiction. They are able to detect targets out to 230 miles and stay aloft for months.
The war on terrorism has been a god-send for unmanned aerial vehicle deployment. U.S. troops in Afghanistan and Iraq employ more than 14 types of remote controlled vehicles, from the deadly Predator, which can fire a Hellfire missile, to the four-pound, hand launched Raven used by the Army for over-the-hill recon missions. UAV’s in Iraq and Afghanistan have flown more than 100,000 hours.
Now, the Department of Defense plans to spend $1.7 billion in research and development on 79 projects through 2009 for UAV development, including developing a six-ounce “micro” flying vehicle called WASP. Some of those technologies will eventually transfer to the civil sector, particularly for use in homeland security. ...

last week there was another article of a Aerostat which lingers some 18 miles above a city or target area and captures an image every second of the ground below...
the technology exists to track a vehicle that blows up, backward in time to locate just where the vehicle originated from and possibly capture the perps./felons/terrorist lair...

I believe you seen one of those blimp spy platforms before it either went into a hanger or deployed at high altitude....
(the multitude of lights are a sort-of-giveaway that the object is a terrestrial craft, likely a military spy platform, may as well be Navy...perhaps used as a sub hunter ? )

oh yeah... a 600 foot long craft (2 football fields) at only 60 foot altitude (tall as a average farm Silo)
would translate to spreading your arms out like wings above your head, at the very edge of your peripheral vision

? 5-6 years old knowledge... I rather think you have made size determinations over the years from memory & logical deductions
edit on nd31143756579122492015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: mmirror

Not to my recollection , but I have a unnecessary fear when looking at images of greys it makes me feel really uneasy..

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

You may be correct about my size estimations but this thing was really low not miles up it was right above the building. Tons of lights and metallic and long I cannot get it out of my mind for anything, maybe I should try drawling it. But, then how do I post it on here from a mobile device. Also its good to note the airforce base has been closed many year prior, there is actual a ghost town back there. The Naval yard is also not used to much by the navy and was and is still in the process of commericalization. There is a long history of high strangness allegations like Phila Experiment etc.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Your reluctance to view grays and similar is the same as my wife. When I first married, I was reading a book with a gray on the front and she would turn away as the picture disturbed her. As we went along I learned of her experiences and even after one taking and lost time I was involved with, she finally talked of them, they were real in her experience. However, she did say she loved them when she was a little girl.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: sailormon

Was the book communion by chance.

Im working on putting my experiences to words, im hoping later to day to have it up, with memory and shame and lack of sleep clouding me right now im trying to correct atleast one (get sleep). I dont know why ive always been reluctant to share but I dont want to come off as a crazy or be ridiculed.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Despite the over-load of put down info I see that quickly followed your OP--which I suspect was loaded and ready--I have reasons to believe that you saw fairly well what you claim. I'm preparing a thread that will give you some moral support but in a slightly different manner.

I'm assuming you were referring to the book, the Philadelphia Experiment with your mentioning of a strangeness connected to the shipyard. There are probably aspects of that story that can be understood if a particular point of view is presented.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

As a matter of fact, it was communion. Back in the time, I was as always facinated with the subject. Something I never hear mentioned is how some of us seem programmed to lose interest in the subject if we get too close. In my case a ufo program back there would come on tv, but then I would unacountably fall asleep when it started. I had students whom told me of landings on the farm, but I could not bring enough attention to go a see the imprints in frozen ground like my mind would shut down. This would be interesting if others had this experience.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

You should draw or paint a picture of it.
I would love to see it and with you not being able to shake the image, perhaps putting it out on canvas or paper might help and maybe trigger some more if there is any more memory about the experience.

Thank you for sharing regardless.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I find people are much more accurate with size descriptions when they use relative terms, than with feet/inches. Most of the experiments that discredit people's measuring ability ask specifically how big they think something is in feet/meters etc.

Most people are terrible at estimating in feet/inches/meters unless they have construction or similar experience that has calibrated their eyes, but your use of relative terms (storeys/ football fields) is probably closer than you think.

Thanks for sharing. Though there are large, silent mundane craft, the part about it being completely covered in lights makes it very interesting.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Halfswede

The problem in assigning dimensions to an unknown aerial object with absolutely nothing to judge by except the haze of distance--if there is a haze--is compounded by the unknown distance of the object. So, two unknowns only allow a guestimate at best.

I have reported mentioned several times on ATS of a sighting of a huge triangle-like object moving low, slow and silently over Laramie, Wyoming in June of 1998. About twenty others witnessed this with me. It has a massive array of strobe lights, three huge bright ones and seven, ten or so elsewhere on its body all randomly flashing far brighter than any strobe light on an aircraft. That craft wanted to be seen!
edit on 22-7-2015 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   

It depends on what that person does for a living, in regards to estimating dimensions and size. Someone in construction is very good at doing so. Sorry about the double post. Mobile phone dealy 😌
edit on 22-7-2015 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Im goin to try and post the picture from my cell pho e if anyone has any idea to do this that would be great.. Id also list to post some maps to show exacrly where and give a better idea. Also I dont know if I noted it was night time and the sky was pitc black no sun, and when I say the objec was really low, it was like flying a kite right above a building.. Its hard to extrapolate on this I hope the drawlings will help.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Sounds very interesting but you lost me at dimensions could you elaborate please. Are you saying its like trying to look at a 5th dimension object from our dimension?

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Why do people wait after 10+ years to bring up a topic that is not even relevant to todays experience? I mean cool story and all but come on. I don't see how people are so afraid of things like this.... Its an alien...So what?

Anyway. Some people cant handle minor stuff like this I guess..

I can never understand the thought process of people who experience stuff like this-Dam I wish I was there.
edit on 22-7-2015 by 4N0M4LY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: 4N0M4LY
Why do people wait after 10+ years to bring up a topic that is not even relevant to todays experience? I mean cool story and all but come on. I don't see how people are so afraid of things like this.... Its an alien...So what?

Just try posting a thread and you'll find out!
There was a warning recently from the management about the abuse so hopefully op wont suffer too much.

OP. I've posted about my own sightings, and so have many others, and something that seems common to most sightings is the orange lights at the rear of the craft. Would you think the orange lights were it means of propulsion?

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: 4N0M4LY

More like nearing 20 years, I never said it was alien. I hope it would help since it haunts, like its burned into my mind.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join