It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ninja Grannies...For 30 Years...."Not Even Our Husbands Knew"

page: 1

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
'Not even our husbands knew!'

Meet the women who have been secretly delivering cakes to underprivileged families for over 30 YEARS

For three decades, nine women have kept a covert baking operation so under wraps that not even their husbands knew about it. They call themselves 'The 9 Nanas,' and have been secretly whipping up, and delivering hundreds of pound cakes during the middle of the night in a grand scheme to help those in need. - See more at: www.cracktwo.com...

And how do they find their targets?

Observation and intel gathering of course!

'We drive through low-income neighborhoods and look for homes with fans in the window. That told us that the people who live there don't have air-conditioning. 'Or we see that there are no lights on at night, which means there is a good chance their utilities have been turned off. Then we return before the sun came up, like cat burglars, and drop off a little care package.' The women, who consider themselves sisters, gather in the darkness at 4am to begin their daily routine, where they whip up their cakes and deliver them in the dark.'

Ninja Grannies in the dead of night! One even goes by the code name "Sunny"
Stealth is the name of the game with these girls. Apparently it's better than doing laundry...

The ladies began brainstorming, and one of the sisters suggested they all start doing their own laundry, putting put the money saved to good use.

She said: 'I admit, I protested at first. There’s just something about laundering that I don’t like. But I was outnumbered! So among the nine of us, we’d put aside about $400 a month and our husbands never noticed a thing. Their shirts looked just fine.'

The women started eavesdropping at the local beauty shop or when they were picking up groceries, and when they heard about a widow or a single mother who needed some help, they would anonymously pay a utility bill or buy new clothes for the children.

The Nanas would find out where the person lived and send a package with a note that simply read, 'Somebody loves you,' which would always include one of MaMaw Ruth’s special pound cakes.

Read the rest here and see more pics as well: www.cracktwo.com...

I promise it's worth the read.

Jude

edit on 20-7-2015 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
By the title I was hoping for a underground league of assassin grannies but I guess this is nice.
edit on 07/11/2014 by Goldenwilys because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Goldenwilys

I was totally hoping the same thing. I pictured night missions and everything, but this is just as acceptable. Although not as much fun.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
"Faith-in-humanity restored" stories are always the best.

Bless them.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Goldenwilys
By the title I was hoping for a underground league of assassin grannies but I guess this is nice.

lol

Yeah, but it got people to read the thread right?

The assassin angle would have been fun as well.

Jude

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
"Faith-in-humanity restored" stories are always the best.

Bless them.

I find myself gravitating towards this more and more these days. It's as if my soul is so overloaded with all the negative that it needs to purge and restore.

This one helped. )

Jude

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrStyx

I was totally hoping the same thing. I pictured night missions and everything, but this is just as acceptable. Although not as much fun.

But they are all about the night missions. They scope out their targets and hit at 4am with their Bundt Pans...lol

Jude

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Bless there souls, those ladys are awsome.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Bless there souls, those ladys are awsome.

Yes, quite the commitment.

Doing something like this short time is one thing, doing it regularly is another. BUT...for 30 yrs with absolutely no recognition? Simply 9 true hearts that found their calling.

Jude

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Yep, the first that came to mind when I read the title was granny with her walker popping out of the shadows to take down some unsuspecting criminal.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs
Wow, we agree on two things so far!

It is extremely nice to see normal people to good things; it is sad that doing good things seems so extraordinary these days….

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: SigrunZirud

Yep, the first that came to mind when I read the title was granny with her walker popping out of the shadows to take down some unsuspecting criminal.

With a razor sharp spatula! lol

Jude

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   
The elderly are about the only 'nice' people left on this planet... perhaps because they're from a more civil time.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: jude11

Thats a great story and what wonderful people ....

thankyou for sharing

top topics

join