It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The First Casualty in the War on the Confederate Flag is a Black Man!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: seagull
My opinion on the Confederate battle flag?

It means whatever you want it to mean. Ultimately, it's just a piece of cloth. Utterly meaningless in and of itself. Since I'm not from the South, nor do I live there, I don't have a dog in the fight.

That's exactly how I feel about it. As long as it's not banned by the government (which it isn't), and people are free to make it, sell it and display it (which they are - meaning it's not "banned" anywhere), I don't care at all. I don't get the outrage about it. I think it's pretty hilarious and just political correctness on both sides:

"Don't you DARE fly a piece of cloth that symbolizes something I don't like! It offends me"!
"Don't you DARE say anything negative about my flying a piece of cloth that symbolizes something I like! It offends me"!

lol It's hilarious cause the pro-flag side doesn't realize their need for correctness. Some are ready to tear the country apart over a flag that they are still free to own and display.

Very few seem to genuinely stand for freedom though. They each want to trample each other over their emotions. I'll just sit here in the middle and continue being consistently for freedom.

BTW on a completely unrelated note, I hate this emoji
damn brown nosers!

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

So, the anti-Southern crowd is willing to kill anyone that disagrees. It seems likely he was targeted for being black and what they'd consider on the "wrong" side. Gee, but we are supposed to believe it's Confederate flag defenders that are violent.....

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: mahatche

It is, indeed, kinda strange. Weird even...

But...

It's their right to have it, and no amount of calling them "traitors" or "brainwashed" is going to change that.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Umm and he Supported keeping the flags.

Makes you wonder who killed him.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: mahatche

I grew up in the south. More black people displayed that flag than you would think. It was actually a very popular belt buckle for black youth when I was in high school. I always felt like it was a "we'll take this symbol and turn it into our own thing" kind of like the N word.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
The title to this thread is disgusting, it's like you have no sympathy for a life lost. What a tragedy.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: PeytonSeabolt
The title to this thread is disgusting, it's like you have no sympathy for a life lost. What a tragedy.

My bad.
Let me try again:

Politically incorrect African-American dies in traffic accident allegedly precipitated by politically-correct others in vehicular chase while attempting to stop them and convince him the error of his ways.

There, fixed it for ya.

edit on 22-7-2015 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I think we should create a post where we only create PC titles. Welcome to our new world.
(Opps sorry I bet that isn't PC)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   

May he rest in peace and his murderer's be caught and punished to the fullest extent possible.

edit on 10-04-08 by Beach Bum because: A little editing.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: PeytonSeabolt

You can't be serious??? Please say you aren't serious.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Update:

"We are deeply saddened by the death of a friend, and we ask that the Justice Department immediately join in this investigation," said Charles Kelly Barrow, commander-in-chief of the SCV, formed in 1896 and open to male descendants of Confederate soldiers. "Mr. Hervey was likely killed because of his color and his beliefs."

Source

AP is also sharing a short digital clip from Mississippi authoritie's investigation of how the said "forced" accident may have played out-this source. No doubt that the make of the vehicle they were driving is know to overturn easy. Whether by distracted driver or an intentional case to make the driver swerve uncontrollably, all it needs is an incorrect curve, etc. to topple.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
If it was other african americans that caused this should they be charged with a "hate crime"?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
More black on black violence.

When will it ever end?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: EverydayInVA
If it was other african americans that caused this should they be charged with a "hate crime"?

Definitely should be but hate crimes only apply when whites are committing the crime in this country.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

From the video recreation the other vehicle pulled along side the SUV Hervey was driving. So either they tried to cut him off causing him to wreck or maybe the pointed a gun at him. Given the number of cameras on roads it ought to be possible to get the license number off the silver car.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join