It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Results After One Week Of Eating Raw Food

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: warpig69
a reply to: strongfp

I will check it out. I look back at my great grandmothers and they she everything fried in butter or bacon grease. They both lived to be over 100. But, what they didn't eat was processed foods and they junk we now call food. Plus, they didn't sit on their butts and watch TV, it all makes a huge difference.

The food your ancestors ate was not processed with chemicals, preservatives, antibiotics etc, that is the difference and why they lived so long. Finding food like that these days is quite a chore and expensive these days though I do my best to eat that way.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
It's ok I guess if you're a rabbit. LOL! I like fruits and veggies and all, but I like a lot of other things too and don't have much discipline. This wouldn't work for me. Beezer and our other rabbits here must be healthy as hell!

You honestly don't have the gumption to pull it off for just a week to see if you feel a difference? It's not a way of life for me though I wish it was...I can only do it for a week at a time and it's not easy, but it's a nice exercise in self-mastership. I urge all who poo-poo it to try it; I promise you'll thank me if you do

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Is wine, or beer considered a "raw" food? I can see that spirits are processed, but turning grapes into wine is a natural process.

I think what you have done is a good regime and discipline. I occasionally fast for 24 hours, and it can be quite uplifting once the headache goes, so think your approach has probably done you good.

I believe alcohol should be left out for the week...after all it's only a week

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: humanityrising

originally posted by: strongfp

originally posted by: gosseyn
What about the placebo effect ? Or auto-suggestion ?

I was thinking the same thing.

Generally diet has almost nothing to do with people losing weight or feeling good

What kind of doctor are you seeing? Lol

My doctor told me to eat a well balanced diet, and keep away from sugar. I took it a step further and even took a college course on nutrition to better my living. The only thing I eat that is high in carbs or sugar is pretty much beer. Which I get locally, so it's 100% sped up natural.

But, if you read the rest of my post you can see I explained why diet is a side effect of stress, stress and diet go hand in hand, if you are stressed you eat poorly, if you aren't you are more level headed and will eat healthy.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: humanityrising

Which foods were you eating exactly? Because I'm not aware of any health benefits from simply not cooking food. Some vitamins could be depleted by cooking I guess, but that's not a problem if you eat fruit, bread etc, the foods which aren't normally cooked anyway. Some foods are actually improved by cooking (tomatoes, for instance). In fact cooking is preferable to eating raw food, which is why we do it.

You might be lucky after only one week but the bacteria/viruses/fungi/protozoa would get you eventually.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Couldn't you just eat raw nuts like a flying squirrel, for example?

And what about alcohol, how would you factor that in, if you insisted on it? Beer, wine, etc? Fermented berries?

So then, unsalted, uncured beef jerky and peanuts with beer.
edit on 7/8/2015 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp source please? I've never heard of veggie overdose, except people who turn orange from carrots.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
The only thing I eat that is high in carbs or sugar is pretty much beer. Which I get locally, so it's 100% sped up natural.

Minus the sugar because most common beer has little to none, just carbs.

0 g
Sugar
Type
Beer

edit: If you drink alot of beer, but choose to abstain from most bread, the beer will substitute, except for BM's. Those require the fiber.
edit on 7/8/2015 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: humanityrising

originally posted by: Night Star
It's ok I guess if you're a rabbit. LOL! I like fruits and veggies and all, but I like a lot of other things too and don't have much discipline. This wouldn't work for me. Beezer and our other rabbits here must be healthy as hell!

You honestly don't have the gumption to pull it off for just a week to see if you feel a difference? It's not a way of life for me though I wish it was...I can only do it for a week at a time and it's not easy, but it's a nice exercise in self-mastership. I urge all who poo-poo it to try it; I promise you'll thank me if you do

A whole week without any junk food at all? No chocolate? I might die! LOL
I know I should eat healthier and that I'd feel better, but... I'd rather mix it up...healthy and the not so healthy foods. I know, I'm a coward.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I had to go to hospital because of abdominal pain and blood coming from my cheeks. Lol. The pain lasted so long and so intense I thought I was dying and puked multiple times. I bled for hours from my you know what. So I go to hospital, they do tests and then rush me out with a hand full of pills. I go home, order some probiotics to take instead of prescribed pills, and all my cramps are totally gone, I do #2 way more regularly plus I feel more awake.

With the improvement from probiotics, I couldn't imagine how beneficial a natural diet would be. Probably pretty amazing.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Look2theSacredHeart
a reply to: strongfp source please? I've never heard of veggie overdose, except people who turn orange from carrots.

Don't really need a source, and it's not really an overdose. Technically you can over dose on an alkaloid chemical extra such as methamphetamine or caffeine, every plant had them to deter little pests.

But if you were to for example eat a raw kale salad everyday for several years your there is a chemical that reacts with the calcium in the kale which will lead to a build up in your kidneys. So your chances overtime for raw eaters is very high for large stones.

The same goes for people who eat a lot of meat and carbs you get gall bladder stones.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Congrats on your experiment!

Right now I'm trying to heal my stomach a bit....quitting dairy and wheat...and sugar except for limited fruits.
Not all that hard.....and I do feel much better.
I can eat meat and eggs though.

So...I gotta ask!!!!
What were you eating for protein?

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Congrats!
I tried raw too and had similar results. It is very hard to stay on, especially with family members who do not want to try it, but I was really surprised at how great some of the dishes were.
It wasn't long at all before people were saying things like 'you look radiant!" or "you're skin looks so vibrant!" and "you look so rested" (lol) I didn't tell anyone what I was doing at the time so the comments were surprising.
I am trying to stay on it by doing 1-2 raw days/week. Actually, that is a great way to start if someone wants to give it a go.
You really do feel better and think clearer, at least that was my experience!

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

Congrats on your experiment!

Right now I'm trying to heal my stomach a bit....quitting dairy and wheat...and sugar except for limited fruits.
Not all that hard.....and I do feel much better.
I can eat meat and eggs though.

So...I gotta ask!!!!
What were you eating for protein?

Thanks

Nuts are a good source of protein. Most natural food stores will have raw peanut or almond butter too, and there are usually raw 'snacks' like GoRaw's Flax Snax(also good source or protein), kale chips, dehydrated fruit etc to get your junk food fix from. Bean sprouts, broccoli, kale, and mushrooms are good sources of protein as well. My go-to smoothie was almond butter, coconut water, orange juice, banana, kale, spinach, bee pollen. Sounds like a crazy mix but if you try it...YUM!

As far as protein goes one week with not much of it won't hurt you at all in the long run. As an example, I used to do the Master Cleanse(10 days of just lemon juice, cayenne, maple syrup, water) every new year as my resolution; other than some carbs, vitamins and minerals from the maple syrup, vitamin C from the lemon juice, and antioxidants from the cayenne there is very little nutrition in the mix. But it healed my stomach ulcers completely, cleaned out my bowels, cleared my skin, gave me energy and all round well-being, not to mention it got me looking quite lean. I just can't do it anymore though; when I taste it on my first day I feel like I'm already 7 days in because I'm so sick of the taste from doing it a few times already.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Starcrossd

It's true, it works!

posted on Aug, 10 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   

one paid for and educated by the pharmaceutical companies, they say 25% of the food is for our body and the other 75% is for the doctor

top topics

<< 1   >>

join