It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Results After One Week Of Eating Raw Food

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I just finished a week of eating only raw food. Here are some of the ways I benefited:

- Every single zit on my face was gone within 4 days
- Energy level was through the roof; cleaned my house and finished the long to-do list I've been avoiding
- Any and all kinds of skin irritation completely gone
- Brain at optimum performance (conversation, problem solving, creativity)
- Muscle and joint pain/aches completely gone
- Bowel movements are highlight of the day
- Lost 5 pounds in a week
- Overall feeling of well-being

This is NOT a master cleanse, which I have done a few times though I do not think I will do it again after trying this much less stressful method of 'detox'. I was however drinking raw smoothies as a meal replacement(usually breakfast, you don't have to do this though). You do NOT starve yourself in any way...you can eat to your heart's desire as long as the food is not cooked or processed, which means meat is pretty much off the menu for the week unless it's raw fish of some kind.

I have since gone back to my normal diet because, well, I'm not superman dammit. But I am going to integrate one week sessions of this diet when I feel disgusted with myself after Thanksgiving or a week of nonstop partying etc.

I was going to post this as a rebuttal reply to the OP in the "You Can't Detox Your Body. It's a Myth" thread but then I realized I could just start my own thread and welcome others to tell their stories of 'detoxes' similar to this, as well as challenge naysayers to try it for a week and post their results.
edit on 8-7-2015 by humanityrising because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: humanityrising
What about dried beef?

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Good for you and the worms that are sharing the food.

If it is so great why not continue? If I discovered a miracle I wouldn't abandon the cure.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
What about the placebo effect ? Or auto-suggestion ?

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: superman2012

As long as it's not cured with salt I think it would be fine. Cutting out all additives, especially salt, sugar, and chemicals is part of the deal. Any salt or sugar should be naturally occurring. You could use natural herb spices and flavorings, raw dressings, etc though.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: gosseyn

I think having your face clear up completely of acne after cutting oil from your diet is 2+2, not placebo.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: highfromphoenix

If it is so great why not continue? If I discovered a miracle I wouldn't abandon the cure.

Cause it ain't easy! Or cheap.
edit on 8-7-2015 by humanityrising because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

edit on 8-7-2015 by humanityrising because: consolidation

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: humanityrising

originally posted by: highfromphoenix

Cause it ain't easy! Or cheap.

I'm sure it isn't.

Good for you on your trial.

Take care.

Everything in moderation.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: highfromphoenix

Thanks

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Thank you for shearing your experience. I have long wanted to do something like this, but I just cannot quit eating meat. If there was a diet where you ate nothing but meat, sign me up. I may just bite the bullet and give this a try. As I have gotten older I have been growing concerned with what I have been feeding my kids as well as myself. Way to many chemicals.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I was thinking the same thing.

Generally diet has almost nothing to do with people losing weight or feeling good, if you go into a certain diet feeling positive and stick with it, and it's a well balanced one you will feel significant lower stress levels, which has a much more positive effect on the human body, stress of any kind is the reason why a lot of people feel sluggish and live day to day just getting through it, this in turn usually is coupled with a poor diet, which will make you even more stressed physically and then mentally.

Eating raw foods is good for you, but not all the time.
For example, if you ate raw spinach, kale, cauliflower, broccoli, everyday the minerals, alkaloids, vitamins, etc. that are rich within those vegetables can become poison to the body and your body will become overloaded, which in turn will put stress on your organs and you can develop deposits in your gallbladder, kidneys, fatty liver, etc.

This is why the best way to eat vegetables is to steam them, or even boil them. But if you are a vegetarian, then cooking your veggies on a regular basis is best.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: warpig69
Thank you for shearing your experience. I have long wanted to do something like this, but I just cannot quit eating meat. If there was a diet where you ate nothing but meat, sign me up. I may just bite the bullet and give this a try. As I have gotten older I have been growing concerned with what I have been feeding my kids as well as myself. Way to many chemicals.

Go and google 'Fat head the movie' or if you have netflix i suggest you go and watch it. If you want meat, then watch it.

But, basically it explains that humans can live off a high in saturated fat diet like our distant ancestors did for thousands of years. The dude lost weight, leveled his cholesterol, sodium levels, and a whole list of other medical 'miracles' by eating nothing but fast food. He then goes deeper into his findings and goes on a pretty much all ketosis diet, eating a diet consisting of almost 70% saturated fat, high in animal fats, coconut milk, high fat milk, etc.
Keep in mind tho, he did eat a lot of fruits and veggies as well.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

I will check it out. I look back at my great grandmothers and they she everything fried in butter or bacon grease. They both lived to be over 100. But, what they didn't eat was processed foods and they junk we now call food. Plus, they didn't sit on their butts and watch TV, it all makes a huge difference.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
It's ok I guess if you're a rabbit. LOL! I like fruits and veggies and all, but I like a lot of other things too and don't have much discipline. This wouldn't work for me. Beezer and our other rabbits here must be healthy as hell!

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Is wine, or beer considered a "raw" food? I can see that spirits are processed, but turning grapes into wine is a natural process.

I think what you have done is a good regime and discipline. I occasionally fast for 24 hours, and it can be quite uplifting once the headache goes, so think your approach has probably done you good.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: warpig69

What about "eating clean" for a week? By that I mean cut out all the processed foods (like the OP did), all the sugars and starches and only eat natural. All your sugar should come from fruits, salts should be naturally occurring. No breads, no gluten, no alcohol (this was almost a deal breaker for me), no added sugar...just basically fish/meat, fruits and veggies.

Some people call this the "shop and chop" method and it's almost like meeting the OP half way.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I say go for it! After all it's only a week. A couple days into it you will be motivated to finish just because of how good you feel. I never realized how much fried foods affect my sluggishness.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

I was thinking the same thing.

Generally diet has almost nothing to do with people losing weight or feeling good

What kind of doctor are you seeing? Lol

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

But, basically it explains that humans can live off a high in saturated fat diet

This is true but not cooked oil and polyunsaturated are not healthy fats. They have been proven unhealthy and linked to all sorts of diseases. Naturally occurring fats from nuts, meats, olives, coconuts, avocados are the good ones.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join