It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why so much hate for Russia?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Not really a rant, more of a question.

I genuinely don't see why people (mainly in the west) have such a huge problem with whatever Russia is doing, yet ignore the fact Ukraine are as much to blame for the scaling of this little civil war we've been seeing. Usually the same people that don't see the Americans arming Ukraine a problem, yet get mad when Russia show a little ankle and show that their defending themselves.

It's clear to me and many other people that Russia doesn't give a # about the west, they just want to do their own thing hence with B.R.I.C.S and stuff, plus enough resources to live off, so why are America and Ukraine pushing so hard for a war? As if ISIS isn't a problem that we should all face together anyway, the #ing yanks want more enemies than friends.

Do you think this hatred goes back to the cold war (that didn't technically end)? People are just too set in their ways, hell it's 2015 and gay marriage has only just been legalised. Don't give me hate for this, give me facts and sources as to why Russia is hated. As far as I've read into, the president of Ukraine was illegally appointed, Crimea was given away wrongfully so Putin was just taking it back, and the Ukrainian government have been shelling the # out of people while Russian rebels have been making ground and fighting them off. If Russia is such an enemy why have hundreds of thousands of Ukrainians fled there for a better life?

Just seems like this west/east divide is just getting childish, which in turn is acted out like this by people in power, and that could turn sour.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I don't think its about hate. Its about politics.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 7-7-2015 by xXGriMe because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-7-2015 by xXGriMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: conz1992

I have spoken to Poles, Czechs, Romanians and Ukrainians. None of the ones that I know like Russians.
Seems to have something to do with the former Soviet Union and their actions between the 1930's and the breakup of the USSR.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: xXGriMe

Vid's not working at the moment.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Actually,some conservatives often speak very highly of Putin. Russia should not be in Ukraine, nor be sending unmarked Russian troops and tanks. Other than that, I don't see any hate.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
In America in the 70s and 80s we were conditioned to hate Russia.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I don't think it's hatred towards the people as it is hatred toward the past and current government. Stalin initiated genocide killing millions of people within the USSR borders. During the cold war period the people of the USSR were subject to severe oversight. They lived in fear. Trying to make a living in the Communist Era was difficult with so much corruption and pay off's. The government then was awful. There is a lingering distrust as well as Putin is being seen from the outside world as a throwback to bad ol days.

I certainly have no hatred towards the Russian people. I wish them the very best.
edit on 7 7 2015 by bucsarg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Most of it has its origins in the Cold War. Apparently the threat of nuclear annihilation doesn't sit well with people who lived through it. Nor does it sit well with the people of Eastern Europe who had to live through decades of hostile Soviet occupation during the same time period.

Speaking for myself, I was raised during the last decade of the Cold War. I was raised to hate the communist Soviet government for the above mentioned reasons. I still do and always will. But that's in the past. Although I don't trust the current Russian government, I don't hold anything against it, and as for the Russian people, I suppose I've always held them in at least a somewhat favorable regard.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo
In America in the 70s and 80s we were conditioned to hate Russia.

I can admit to have witnessed this first hand.

Do they still make them pledge allegiance to the flag and sing star spangled banner every morning? Now that I look back I feel like I was part of the Hitler youth program. Glad I don't live there anymore and that my kids will never have to experience what I did.

OBEY...
edit on 7-7-2015 by real_one because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Its about Europe getting too close to Russia, they might start buying Russian army supplys and start seeing the USA in a different light, so the US did what it does best, start a war and blame it on some one else

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Because of a masterful plan that included a beautifully orchestrated propaganda conspiracy which in fact no conspiracy theorist is paying attention to??????

Because of which the real reason for Vladimir Putin's seizure of the Crimea has been obscured .

This is simply another war for oil/gas . Vast deposits were discovered in the black sea and there were existing Fields already in use .

I understood his personal character when he seized the majority of Ukrainian gas and oil deposits along with most of the infrastructure to exploit it . Because shortly after and typical gangster fashion he then sent the Ukraine a bill for gas without any reimbursement for his seizures . ( I don't hate Russian people I think they're being dubed by a gangster and a con man who is only in it for money and power .)

When Russia seized Crimea in March, it acquired not just the Crimean landmass but also a maritime zone more than three times its size with the rights to underwater resources potentially worth trillions of dollars.

Russia portrayed the takeover as reclamation of its rightful territory, drawing no attention to the oil and gas rush that had recently been heating up in the Black Sea. But the move also extended Russia’s maritime boundaries, quietly giving Russia dominion over vast oil and gas reserves while dealing a crippling blow to Ukraine’s hopes for energy independence.

source

The true anti-war cry in the Ukraine should be " no war for oil " !

edit on 7-7-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-7-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Uh, Russia nor Putin seized Crimea. The Crimeans VOTED to re-join Christian Russia.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightFlight

Uh, Russia nor Putin seized Crimea. The Crimeans VOTED to re-join Christian Russia.

NO NO NO only the US can have democracy, the red commies could never understand it or be able to apply it.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Simple answer, they need a bad guy.

If there is no bad guy (country) then they will start looking at the problems in their own country and how they want them to change. This is unacceptable so they must be fed fear and then given someone to dislike. I find it super funny how they jump from one bad guy to the next without wondering 1: how they got to be a bad country 2: what happened to the old bad guy? 3: why do they care?

We get older but it's still a bunch of children out there.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Thanks for reminding me !!! I remember now it was 97% in favor wasn't it ???? Lmao

Sorry buddy in the eyes of the world, " that dog doesn't hunt " .

But feel free to prove wrong.

Please link me to the nations that recognize his illegal annexation ?

Couldn't help to notice you didn't touch the whole oil gas issue ?

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   

In the UK it's in the press at least once a week that Russian Aircraft are flying close to our sovereign airspace, and needs to be intercepted by our RAF.

On July 4th, Russian Aircraft were intercepted 50 miles away from Alaskan coast and half an hour later another two planes of the coast of California.

It's not as if Russia is not also antogonising the whole situation!!

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

and there was absolutely ZERO Russian influence on that....right

edit on 7-7-2015 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco

On July 4th, Russian Aircraft were intercepted 50 miles away from Alaskan coast and half an hour later another two planes of the coast of California.

How close is Alaska to Russia?

The narrowest distance between mainland Russia and mainland Alaska is approximately 55 miles. However in the body of water between Alaska and Russia, known as the Bering Strait, there lies two small islands known as Big Diomede and Little Diomede. Interestingly enough, Big Diomede is owned by Russia while Little Diomede is owned by the US. The stretch of water between these two islands is only about 2.5 miles wide and actually freezes over during the winter so you could technically walk from the US to Russia on this seasonal sea ice.

www.alaskacenters.gov...
Alaska is no Surprise.
(Can't seem to find any indication of WHERE near the Alaskan coast, does anyone have any info on where RUssian planes were?)

To be fair to Russia, they did not stray out of international waters/airspace.

These are typical cold war tactics used to prod and poke at defenses,get reactions, and nothing new.
Both countries do this.
We are in another cold war so this is normal, just a lot of people forgot about the other cold war (perhaps this is the same one and we just thought it was over) .

As to the topic
I hold no hate towards Russia, and I hope some day we become friends again.
Obama and Putin have issues with each other,
hopefully the next President will be able to thaw out relations between the two countries because the planet depends on peace and stability when it comes to Russia and the US.

Putin is a fun guy to make fun of though because he has left himself wide open with his "manly" attitude and all of the funky photos he has had taken of him being macho.

IMO

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I haven no problem with the Russian people. In fact, I honestly don't understand why we would even have a war with them other than the leaders of our two countries are idiots. Hopefully, we can send Obama and Putin to fight it out and the rest of us can move on living our lives.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: xXGriMe
I don't think its about hate. Its about politics.

www.youtube.com...

Here's your video,

edit on 7-7-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

<<   2 >>

join