It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The United Kingdom, gun control, and what it really means

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

My point being access is not as restricted as imagined. You are quite correct for that price the gun will probably be rented and most lightly associated with a multitude of other crimes.

The fact that the weapons are rented is conducive to the type of customers that wish to purchase them for obviously nefarious purposes.
edit on 5-7-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: rhynouk

I've lived in some very high lawful gun ownership areas... They also have stand your ground and home is your castle laws.

I've never been shot or concerned about guns.

The only time I've ever been concerned about being shot is in the big city where they have very restrictive laws.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   
The U.S. doesn't have a gun problem. What we do have is a culture problem. There are cultures here that over represent their population by 500% as it comes to gun violence because they admire the street life. They reject education, morals, the law and the rest of us law abiding citizens. Unfortunately these cultures are taboo in the media because it would be viewed as racist to actually identify the problem. It kinda sucks...

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

My point being access is not as restricted as imagined. You are quite correct for that price the gun will probably be rented and most lightly associated with a multitude of other crimes.

There pretty much aren't any restrictions for anyone motivated enough.

It was only a few years ago that two police officers were killed in an ambush in Manchester. The attacker used a Glock and a hand grenade (if you'll pardon the tautology). The hand grenade was, if memory serves, Yugoslavian Army issue (or one of the successor states, anyway).

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

True, but even in the crim world there are rules. Remember that shooting in London a few years ago when that drug dealing guy and his kid were killed, the killer was 'encouraged' to hand himself in, can't remember the exact case to link but it was not unusual.
Guys who rent guns out don't want it all on-top because some dickhead has 'broken' the rules.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: imod02

Lets hope people have the balls their g.granparents had.. If not England is doomed. And at the moment, i'm slightly afraid that's possible, society has become a playground of pussies, really sad..

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

What are you on about 'England is doomed' ???
How exactly?

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

I live in a city, Glasgow, there is pritty much no sufficient reason I can offer that allows me to own a shotgun. As to a handgun it's my understanding that if I wished to purchase one legally I would have to join a Gun club and store the weapon on there premises. All of which I would quite happily abide by.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   

The way people think these days, i mean, men act like stupid pussies, and not just england (and not everyone) i mean the ones who are easily led like dogs, and not just the UK but all Western Nations.. As a Woman, i am aware of what theyre doing to Men in general, they are trying to 'Neuter' them into becoming feminine and if you disagree then you aren't seeing what i'm seeing. It's fricking rampant!

link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

No one who is under assault should be remotely concerned with keeping control.

It is not for an assaulted party to keep their crap together, but for an assailant to not assault them in the first place.

Actually, it is. "Reasonable" self-defence is exactly that, reasonable. It doesn't allow you to meter out anything above and beyond, either through rage or some desire for revenge.

There were a couple of chaps who got put away for doing that - disturbed some burglars and fought them - fair enough said the cops - but one of them chased the guys out the house, down the street and dragged one back. He got tied to a chair and was beaten badly. The two blokes "defending" their home were convicted and sent to prison.

Basically, the law allows you to do whatever is necessary to protect life and property, but once that threat is diminished (either through unconsciousness, flight or surrender) you cannot continue to dish out any form of harm.

It's not a difficult concept and entirely reasonable.

link   

I tend to agree with you however sometimes cash can open avenues to even the stupidest of individuals. Pretty much no questions asked if the price is right and the person in question is not a complete retard.

link   

originally posted by: avgguy
The U.S. doesn't have a gun problem. What we do have is a culture problem.

I think you've pretty much nailed the entire issue for most of the world.

It's a cultural thing. By that I don't mean race, colour, or religion, but just the general idea of what is increasingly acceptable or allowed in our culture.

At the risk of sounding like an old man... when I were a lad, if I were misbehaving in the street, it wouldn't be considered odd for some local adult to give me a clip round the back of the ear and a telling off, then let my parents know so I could get another dose at home. Imagine trying that now.

It's not that the world was a better place, or that we were better kids. It's because people - kids especially - naturally push boundaries, and back then people weren't afraid to push back and enforce the boundaries. Without that, feral kids turn into feral adults. It only takes a handful to completely change the tone of a neighbourhood.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10

Lets hope people have the balls their g.granparents had.. If not England is doomed. And at the moment, i'm slightly afraid that's possible, society has become a playground of pussies, really sad..

England is "doomed"? From what? Lovely weather, peaceful people and green fields?

This is what I was on about earlier with regards to some Americans and their paranoia...

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: stumason

I'm english but crap the world is weird it's messed up. People don't stand up for their heritage anymore. What more can i say.. It's like the sky gods came down and crapped on the planet while they were sleeping and only a few people were awake enough to notice it..

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: stumason

Agreed.
I stabbed a burglar in the shoulder many years ago, it was reasonable because I was scared, it was dark, and I didn't know how many were in the house. I wasn't even arrested as the cops knew him as a serial thief and thought it was the best lesson he could have had.
I wrapped a towel around his wound and tended him until the emergency services arrived.
'TrueBrit' appears to indicate he would act differently. I find that a bit disgraceful to be honest.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

I fear Britain has many millions of Chamberlains but only a few Churchill's

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

I agree with you!

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

It ain't that bad with emasculated males in the UK, go have a pint at your local rugby club, you'll see that even some with 'swept fringe' hair are still hard nuts.
My young adult skinhead son plays rugby for his town, I was out with him last night, I wouldn't want a fight with him or any of his team mates now lol
...don't think the skinny jean generation represents all males, they don't, and are laughed at by the majority.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   

I would but i live in Canada land and i don't think we have one. I know that not everyone is like that but it bothers me that the powers that be are using brain washing techniques to change our reality, if that makes sense... But i must ask, are you from the X gen?
edit on 7/5/2015 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

The way people think these days, i mean, men act like stupid pussies, and not just england (and not everyone) i mean the ones who are easily led like dogs, and not just the UK but all Western Nations.. As a Woman, i am aware of what theyre doing to Men in general, they are trying to 'Neuter' them into becoming feminine and if you disagree then you aren't seeing what i'm seeing. It's fricking rampant!

I read these books some time ago, i found them interesting but never give much though to them till now, the books are. Iron John, and Women who run with wolfs

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join