It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Openly Admits Alien Life Exists: Get Ready for Disclosure

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormie
"Most people ‘in the know’ realize that NASA is just part of the military industrial complex, but a recent open admission on mainstream news that “there are indications of alien life” is likely the beginning of a bid to get your undivided attention before full-forced disclosure ensues."

Stofan goes on to say:

“We’re on the verge of things that people have wondered about for millennia. Within all of our lifetimes we’re going to understand that there is life on other bodies in the solar system. We’re going to understand the implications of that for life here on Earth.”

for full article:

themindunleashed.org...

(please forgive, as i didn't know whether this thread belonged in conspiracies or here, ehe~)

NADA (the better term for NASA) defines life on other planets as ....water...

We, consider life on other planets as...entities

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Komodo

No. They do not.

NASA, and any other organisation that studies these things (you'd think NASA was the only one the way some people go on) have a consensus that water is an essential ingredient for life as we currently understand it.

Water on its own isn't enough.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 04:46 AM
link   

If that's true, then please provide a source. That statement doesn't even make any sense.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   
No one sees what's happening here?
The amount of people chomping at the bit for disclosure is
staggering. And a more perfect set up for deception there has
never been. Multitudes, looking to thier government to confirm
for them that aliens exist? Why wait for the aliens to confirm it,
if our government says it, it must be true? lol

What a bunch of lollipops.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   
This is accurate- if you replace "Openly admits" with "believes that" and if you replace "Disclosure" with "discovery".

The title is misleading. NASA is talking about the potential microbial discoveries that could be found on Mars or Europa, not the romantic first contact scenarios that we see in Hollywood.

@randyvs

The amount of people chomping at the bit for disclosure

The term is 'champing at the bit' a common misinterpretation.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

The term is 'champing at the bit' a common misinterpretation.

Really? You know I think I like it better my way? But I'm a
little less ignorant now so many thanks.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

They define "Life as we Know It" as requiring water, but NASA also understands that "Life as we Don't Know It" may not require water. NASA has often speculated about what kind of life processes may be out their other than the life processes on Earth.

Here's an example of one of NASA's leading astrobiologists, Chris McKay, and his speculation of potential life on Saturn's moon Titan -- a moon with no liquid water on the surface. This is an example of research being done by NASA trying to determine if certain chemical disequilibrium on Saturn's moon Titan indicates the possibility of methane-based life there:

What is Consuming Hydrogen and Acetylene on Titan?

Excerpt:

Two new papers based on data from NASA's Cassini spacecraft scrutinize the complex chemical activity on the surface of Saturn's moon Titan. While non-biological chemistry offers one possible explanation, some scientists believe these chemical signatures bolster the argument for a primitive, exotic form of life or precursor to life on Titan's surface. According to one theory put forth by astrobiologists, the signatures fulfill two important conditions necessary for a hypothesized "methane-based life."

It should be pointed out that natural (non-life) processes may also be responsible for these disequiliriums on Titan, but the idea of looking for life in this manner is intriguing. Considering the possibilities of what kind of biosignatures non-earth-like life may display will be helpful in the future efforts in knowing how to recognize "life as we DON'T know it" as actually being life when we see it.

So NASA does not think that all life requires water. However, finding ways of actually looking for "Life as we Don't Know It" is difficult. We have no idea what those life processes would be, so that makes it difficult to be able to devise tests to detect such life.

It is much easier to devise tests to find "Life as we Know It" (carbon-based, water-using), because we understand the life processes we are looking for, so that's why the search is concentrated there. However, that is not the only type of life for which they are searching.

edit on 7/5/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormie

the William Cooper stuff is classic.

I don't think he had the whole picture, though he suspected it:

Hundreds of cases of ufo/abductees calling on Jesus to end their abuse have been documented:

yt:Unholy Communion: The Fourth Kind Unveiled - Joseph Jordan and Guy Malone
www.youtube.com...

“Human beings are under the control of a strange force that bends them in absurd ways, forcing them to play a role in a bizarre game of deception.”
--Dr. Jacques Vallee
“The UFOnauts and the demons of past days are probably identical.”
--Dr. Pierre Guerin
“The UFO phenomenon simply does not behave like extraterrestrial visitors. It actually molds itself in order to fit a given culture.”
--John Ankenberg
“One theory that can no longer be taken seriously is that UFOs are interstellar spaceships.”
--Sir Arthur C. Clarke
“The evidence suggests that this is a program.”
--Prof. David Jacobs, Temple Univ.

YT: Nephilim: TRUE STORY of Satan, Fallen Angels, Giants, Aliens, Hybrids, Elongated Skulls & Nephilim
youtu.be...

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Verum1quaere

Nah...

That alien=demon stuff comes from fundie Christians who think extraterrestrial life visiting the earth invalidates the bible (original sin, man in God's image, all that). Of course facts haven't stopped them before (see: dinosaurs and age of earth). And finally, wtf is with fundies going extrabiblical to the book of Enoch? That's off limits, unless you want to start talking about Jesus being married, the Nag Hammadi and all that.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I knew this thread tittle would be completely wrong. If NASA admired to the existence of aliens the ATS forum wouldn't be the first place I'd hear about it. The media would have been thrown into frenzy. When the Queen Mother died they interrupted every TV station in the UK to bring you the "Important" message and stopped TV for the day. If NASA had admitted to knowing alien life is in our solar system every nation in the world would be having an emergency bank holiday and the world would have stopped turning!

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: rationalconsumer

originally posted by: Stormie
a reply to: swanne

"spirit science" in general has said a lot of things i think go beyond possibly even common sense. but, they've also said a lot of good things, and posted lots of good, credible articles. nothing is 100% proof. not even what our eyes can see can always be called proof. but, i think it's important to share this. like i said, many times this page has proven to be credible despite their obvious flaws and mistakes.

Which is more credible: a source that uses logical analysis and evidence for all of its content, or one that seems to have no filter and therefore sometimes gets it right and sometimes gets it wrong with no method to the madness?

HAHA That sounds a lot like ATS

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ClandestineKid
I knew this thread tittle would be completely wrong. If NASA admired to the existence of aliens the ATS forum wouldn't be the first place I'd hear about it. The media would have been thrown into frenzy. When the Queen Mother died they interrupted every TV station in the UK to bring you the "Important" message and stopped TV for the day. If NASA had admitted to knowing alien life is in our solar system every nation in the world would be having an emergency bank holiday and the world would have stopped turning!

"Admit to knowing" connotes that they knew for a while, but were keeping it secret. I don't think that's the case. I don't think they knowingly have proof of alien life.

What it should be (when and if the time comes that life is discovered) is "NASA researchers (or whomever) announce the discovery of alien life".

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
In the world of misleading ATS headlines, this post really, really takes the cake. The source material does not even come remotely close to saying what OP claims. Come on, man. . .

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Well it is not a reliable source but it is true... Although, it seems that all of it may happen in 20~30 years according to the article.
Please guys, next time make sure you read the articles but making hype over nothing

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Osito
Well it is not a reliable source but it is true... Although, it seems that all of it may happen in 20~30 years according to the article.
Please guys, next time make sure you read the articles but making hype over nothing

The article in the OP still mischaracterizes what the NASA scientist actually said.

She said:

“I think we’re going to have strong indications of life beyond Earth within a decade . . .I think we’re going to have definitive evidence within 20-30 years.”

Which was somehow interpreted by the writer of the article as:

"NASA Openly Admits Alien Life Exists"

Sure -- most NASA scientists feel that life most likely exists elsewhere, and they feel that with the ability in the next couple of decades to analyze the spectrum of exoplanet atmosphere, they may find atmospheric evidence of life processes (such as an abundance of free oxygen).

However, that's a far cry from saying that they "admit" that they know now that life exists elsewhere, and it seems to have nothing whatsoever to do with disclosure.

edit on 7/6/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Verum1quaere
“The UFOnauts and the demons of past days are probably identical.”

Which doesn't necessarily mean that they actually are "demons."

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hidinout
If there ever is Disclosure, some of us were pretty sure it was true long before some authority figures finally decided to tell us what they know and what we already knew.

Other folks might just crap themselves.
Or personal contact

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Big difference between life on other planets, and SENTIENT life on other planets.

I have almost ZERO doubt that we'll find life in some form (even if only microbial) all over our own solar system, whether in the ice on our moon, on Mars, or some of the moons of Jupiter and Saturn.

Heck, some of these possibilities even include sub-ice oceans that could be teeming with strange ET fish. Big difference though, between a monkey using a stick to eat bugs, vs. building ships that go into space. Only time will tell.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join