It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mob of 50 (black) Teens Ransack Macon Walmart.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

The problem here is the high concentration in urban areas aka public housing. There gets to be a sub-culture that shuns education and working for a living, that glorifies criminal activity. If a black person within this sub-culture were to speak properly and try to do the 'right' thing (work for a living, stay in school) they are actually heckled by their peers. And it's passed down from generation to generation. The kids don't have appropriate role models to teach them.

I'm out in the country. The skanky whites (meth heads) are spread out and thus the threat of their criminal activity is not as looming. It's basically resigned to a burglary every now and then. The black people out here are good upstanding citizens. They own businesses and work hard.

The whole thing is basically a case of a vast MINORITY of black people who are concentrated in urban areas who are doing all this shameful activity. It makes the problem seem magnified. They are basically their own worst enemy.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I don't think it's a racial issue. I think it has more to do with constitution of character and possibly genetic predispositions towards getting a "thrill" out of untoward behavior and other environmental factors. It's also possible it was a set up as some sort of initiation process into one of the multitudes of unseeing groups out there that prey on impressionable youths of all demographics.

Did you automatically assume the person who may have encouraged these kids to swarm was the same skin tone as the offenders? The fact that a lot of people automatically do is part of the problem. If it turned out that some white ring-leader was behind the entire event would those more extreme news agencies change their racially charged tune or would they just drop the story and never mention such until it was time to fan the flames of hatred again?

I think we all know the answer to that last theoretical.

It's a never-ending cycle it seems.

I earnestly wish I had a solution but my hands are tied.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyvalkyrie

How many people are involved in the "sub-culture that shuns education and working for a living and glorifies criminal activity" would you estimate? Also, how would you do your estimation?

Also, isn't "vast minority" a bit contradictory?

So, what about the Black Americans (I'm assuming that you're aware that the people you're talking about is a tiny fraction of Black Americans) who have jobs and an education and don't glorify criminal activity? I.e. the vast majority? Just because you believe that your attitudes toward focus group defines an entire community, you realize that isn't generally true?

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I was a cop in Dallas for 7 years, I've seen it first hand.

I would estimate like, 2% of the black American population are rich. Sports and entertainment mostly but also some business people.

I would estimate 75% of the black American population are solid middle class citizens. Spread out in all communities. Working for a living, proudly getting their educations. This bracket would include the guy out here in the country who I do goat business with, my best friend Randy, all the officers I worked with, all the nurses I've worked with, etc.

Which leaves about 23% concentrated in major urban areas/housing projects. This would be the 30 year old mother of 3 kids by 3 different daddys who was illiterate and I had to fill out her Family Violence packet for her, with her 3 year old as the witness to her being choked out by her latest man. This would be the crack whore (literal prostitute high on crack) who left her 4 year old with a complete stranger at a liquor store at 10 o'clock at night- the girl couldn't even tell me her name or age, she kept saying she was 'Dora'. This would be the generations living in public housing- where, BTW there are ALWAYS cable vans, they can't afford rent but they can't live without their cable. This would be the young thugs and gang members who would rather sling dope than stay in school or work a legitimate job. This would be the 'homeless by choice'- the ones that get food from the shelter and then bum for money to buy a crack rock and a 32 oz.- who always manage to find a place to stay when the weather's bad. Sadly there are some working class families (falling under the second category) who end up producing a member of the third category. I had to do n Stolen Vehicle report for a working class family just trying to make it, whose own teenage son was running amok and stole the family car. And even out of this 23% poverty bracket I would say maybe 10% tops are actually out committing serious crimes- auto theft, rape, robbery, murder, burglary. But you also have to remember that the ones that do fall in this 10% are repeat offenders. I've seen rap sheets so friggin thick a stapler couldn't go through them.

I totally agree with you that lumping an entire group together with the nefarious actions of some is unfair and it's a really bad mindset. That's why I'm NOT lumping all black Americans into the actions of the few. And what I say comes from direct first hand knowledge. And if you'll read my post you'll see that I totally acknowledge the skanky white folks. My point was they are not as concentrated, so it doesn't seem like such a pressing issue. And skanky whites don't have a sub-culture developed to glorify the lifestyle, their crimes stem from drug addiction/necessity for quick money for drugs. Inner city black youth actually have to deal with peer pressure when they try to resist the 'wrong' path. If they 'talk white' they get made fun of. How they live their life is like direct representation of their manhood- going to school and working a legit job is 'soft', but slinging dope and committing crimes is 'hard'.

And this sub-culture has bled over to hispanic youth- who embrace the gang culture as well. BUT it's the thug sub-culture that breeds criminal behavior, not poverty in and of itself. In the impoverished Mexican apartment complexes (and I say Mexican because I am in Texas and these folks are actually Mexican, I'm not being racist) they are poor as dirt, they walk to work, they fit 10 mo fo's in a 2 bedroom apartment. But overall they're decent people and do not generally display the same level of criminal activity....that is until the teenagers and young adults start getting attracted to the 'thug life'.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Its not poverty, its abundance in easy grasp. Generations of fatherlessness which is now bleeding love into white culture.
If it was pure poverty as motive India and Bangladesh would be burning along with the rest of the third world.
They didn't need to put race, white teens don't do this. White teens mob up after college football games flip cars over and burn couches lol.

On our job site last week a mob tried to mug the port a potty guy, until he grabbed a tire iron and started swinging it

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Not sure if this whole thread is sarcasm... or serious...

<< 2  3  4   >>

join