It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mob of 50 (black) Teens Ransack Macon Walmart.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
All right I had to add the black in there to get some people's attention (and make a point) and talk about TWO different coverages of the same incident.

ABC News Headline: Georgia Teens Ransack a Walmart Caught on Video

And then we have the Brietbart.com Headline: Black Mob Swarms Georgia Walmart to See ‘How Much Damage’ They Could Do

From ABC:

Police are looking for about 50 teens that allegedly trashed a Walmart in Georgia.

The Bibb County Sheriff’s office released surveillance footage of the group ransacking the store in Macon, Georgia, just before 2 a.m. on Sunday morning.

The group of 40 to 50 teens went down the store’s main aisle, pulling merchandise off the shelves, before turning around and running out, Bibb County Sheriff’s office Lt. Sean DeFoe told ABC News today.

From Breitbart:

Gangs of blacks are targeting Walmart departments stores and other outlets all across the country in targeted attacks while terrorizing on shoppers and perpetrating retail theft and property damage, police say.

The latest black mob was a planned attack on a Walmart in Macon, Georgia on Tuesday where shoppers were injured — including a disabled man in a motorized wheelchair — merchandise was destroyed and stolen, and at least one arrest was made.

Why the manufactured outrage over race if it doesn't need to be mentioned and hasn't yet? Just because "well, 'they' mention race when it's white on black violence?" So what? That makes it ok to make THIS about race?

Now, I certainly don't consider Breitbart "news" per se (more partisan commentary disguised as news), as is obvious by the VERY biased reporting as evident above. It's THIS inflammatory rhetoric that is used to to turn an incident into an entire different area of focus: RACE. "black mobs" "gangs of blacks," "terrorizing shoppers," etc. Now, while those statements *are* true the completely subjective and biased reporting is one of the things that keeps getting people riled and keeps perpetuating the problems we are having.

While ABC is a lot of more objective, they *do* leave out the race of those involved. Is race important? Some WILL argue that when it's white on black crime race it *is* mentioned, but the media conveniently does NOT mention race (see above) when it's purely black, or black on white (see other threads).

Some will argue it's part of the "agenda." In this case, it's right wing sources flaming the rhetorical fires and getting people riled up at how "oh it's the blacks," "the media don't mention that they were BLACK."

It's a crime, and it's terrible. So, why we some people completely buy in to the rhetorical game such as what Breitbart and other conservatives outlets and blogs report (I'll give WND credit for not mentioning race) (and depending on the incident even liberal news outlets) play? Perhaps comparing a reputable news outlet ABC to a clearly partisan site Breitbart is unfair, but a LOT of people visit the latter for "news" or rather commentary disguised as news.

ETA: I decided to start this after seeing the story on the local news. They did not mention race, but the video showed the mob. My google search terms were: "mob of teens macon Walmart." Thankfully, the majority of the results did NOT mention race at in the titles. The ones that DID were 99% right wings sites and blogs. Didn't see anything from Fox or the Blaze, in order to compare those.
edit on 3-7-2015 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

+44 more 
posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
You're completely right.

Where are all the media outlets when gangs of Whites are flash mobbing stores?

Where is all the media attention when large mobs of Whites are looting and burning down their neighborhoods?

Why does the MSM never report on White gang violence?

Good thing Wal-Mart banned the sale of Confederate flags.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Don't be racist, black people don't do that.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

More race baiting on the medias part, like you said…

It's THIS inflammatory rhetoric that is used to turn an incident into an entire different area of focus: RACE. "black mobs" "gangs of blacks," "terrorizing shoppers," etc. Now, while those statements *are* true the completely subjective and biased reporting is one of the things that keeps getting people riled and keeps perpetuating the problems we are having.

The terms used are incitement to race hatred, hopefully feeding the bickering and maybe the odd church massacre or two so they really have something to report.

Meanwhile overseas, nary a peep when US jets "gang up" and bomb another middle eastern target.

+19 more 
posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Race is only relevant when it's white on black crime. The fact that Breitbart truthfully revealed that this was a mob of 50 black people is disgusting, and they should be ashamed!

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

I am in quite a desperate situation in my life, about to be made far more desperate when the government is about to legislate regarding welfare that will make my life impossible financially.

I am full of thoughts of revolutionary protest and causing mayhem in a society that shows it does not care about me so I can understand these guys doing what they do. This is what happens when society stops caring. To tell you the truth I wish I had the balls to make some mayhem as a protest, but I am too passive and gentle. I suffer in silence.

I do not blame them. I feel as they do. Uncaring societies need to be shaken awake and the people that are going uncared for should throw it in the face of those who have abandoned them.

The rich people have taken from the poor. So many black people are left to rot in ghettos with impossibly hard lives.

Sorry, but I say good luck to them and the media can go # themselves. Their rhetoric means nothing to me and I am on the side of the suffering ones.

+17 more 
posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
You are an extreme hater racist for even mentioning the race of the mob.

How dare you?

The article I read before you posted this had no race in it,
that is the politically correct rule of the day
If the perps are black, you are not to mention it.

Sad that the article I read showed pictures, really sad,
that was such a racist thing to do, to even show people
that it was a black mob.

So politically incorrect, so wrong so racist.

You only are allowed to mention race if the person is
white or white-hispanic
and at that point you are obligated to riot,
call Al Sharpton and Jessee Jackson to come
and make money off the protests and riots.

That is the rule in the US now,
you are violating the politically correct rules
and you shall be punished
with hate filled posts, if they find out
where your "real" e-mail is,
expect death threats and
hateful emails
for even having the gall to post
such a racist rant on ATS.

+21 more 
posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: residentofearth

From the OP link

For several years, mobs of black teens have targeted and swarmed convenience stores, small clothing stores and gas stations, while destroying, stealing from, and attacking employees and patrons.

Should we bury our heads in the sand in the name of Political Correctness or start locking the doors and calling the cops when we see gangs of black teenagers amassing in front of places of business?

If you want to give a wolf the benefit of the doubt, let him into YOUR henhouse not mine.

It is a fact that gangs of BLACK teenagers have been wreaking mayhem for years.

Remember when that mob of black teens randomly attacked all those people at the Wisconsin State Fair? They were stomping children.

You think it's racist to report the ethnicity of the perpetrators?

You have a problem with the truth.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Lock the store doors and lock them inside, then hide till the police get there.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

So the last time I posted a comment like this it was pulled............Something is wrong with segments of the Black culture. Events like this are becoming very common and it is not societal because other cultures are not doing it. So what is the deal............WHY do this?

Just to make it clear the pigment of your skin means nothing so in reality race is not the issue........Now culture on the other hand.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
There are plenty of White idiots too.

If you see a white guy creeping around a black church at 2am with matches and a gas can do you give him the benefit of the doubt or call the police?
edit on 3-7-2015 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
There were 54 . And Breitbart was precise and to the point with

Black Mob Swarms Georgia Walmart to See ‘How Much Damage’ They Could Do
. Covered as such by all of our local news.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I had a conversation with a black friend about racial divide in the US, and about so called "white privilege." He was adamant that black people could not be racist, and that even when they acted out against white people BECAUSE they are white, this is "racial" but not "racist," and is justifiable blow back for the way black people are treated.

He honestly and sincerely believed this, at which point I realized he is harboring a bit of racism himself. He firmly believes that there will never be true equality until all races are mixed.

His wife is white. Many of his friends are white. I'm white.

I feel so long as people (black and white) believe this, there will always be division based on race. Both sides contribute to this equally. Neither side wants to truly accept the other, at least generally speaking.

I'm one of those people who thinks race isn't the reason people commit crimes, but instead it's their socio-economic situation. White trash comes in all colors.

I think it's important to acknowledge race when discussing crime, because race, generally speaking, tends to parallel socio-economic status in many parts of this country. If we refuse to see race, and the underlying reasons why people are looting Walmarts, we will never get any closer to solving the problem.

I'm a white guy and my best friend is Mexican. I have friends of all races, and we can all joke about it and we all get along very well. Bringing race out in to the open, accepting our cultural differences and being willing to discuss them and have a sense of humor about them bring us together - not ignoring or hiding those differences.

I don't understand this illusion of white privilege either. I am moving from an undergraduate degree to University, and am looking for scholarships and grants to help fund my studies. Looking through a list of scholarships I see hundreds for minorities and the underprivileged.. I am willing to bet my life savings that if an organization had scholarships for white people who had dirt poor parents and are 100% self-made, this country would be having a fit about this racist scholarship. Why the double standard?

I also own a business and pay my fair share of taxes. If I were a minority I could operate as a "disadvantaged business" and get a massive tax break. WTF, Uncle Sam? This isn't equality. No wonder there is a racial divide in this country.

edit on 3-7-2015 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

I am in quite a desperate situation in my life, about to be made far more desperate when the government is about to legislate regarding welfare that will make my life impossible financially.

I am full of thoughts of revolutionary protest and causing mayhem in a society that shows it does not care about me so I can understand these guys doing what they do. This is what happens when society stops caring. To tell you the truth I wish I had the balls to make some mayhem as a protest, but I am too passive and gentle. I suffer in silence.

I do not blame them. I feel as they do. Uncaring societies need to be shaken awake and the people that are going uncared for should throw it in the face of those who have abandoned them.

The rich people have taken from the poor. So many black people are left to rot in ghettos with impossibly hard lives.

Sorry, but I say good luck to them and the media can go # themselves. Their rhetoric means nothing to me and I am on the side of the suffering ones.

I agree with you 100%. Who cares if multi-billion dollar corporation Walmart (that has treated their employees like slave laborers for decades) gets trashed and robbed? I don't, and I'm glad somebody rips them off for a change.

edit on 3-7-2015 by antoinemarionette because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

It is getting bad, in my diverse once peaceful neighborhood we had a riot about a few houses down from us at the Park, about fifty, over drugs, there was shooting, that is what woke me up, police had all the streets blocked off, not the first time shooting has woke me up, I have still have the window shade hanging with the gun shot through it.

Anyway nothing was said in the news.

You have no idea the stuff that happens unless you live in the heart of it, it wasn't always like this.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: antoinemarionette

I agree with you 100%. Who cares if multi-billion dollar corporation Walmart (that has treated their employees like slave laborers for decades) gets trashed and robbed? I don't, and I'm glad somebody rips them off for a change.

Really?

I don't know what to say.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Oh goody more race baiting posters, some people on ats will be so happy.

Good thing we have breitbart to keep us informed on the real issues.

Is it more more scary when its a black mob lol.

People see color i see poor un educated people.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
There are plenty of White idiots too.

If you see a white guy creeping around a black church at 2am with matches and a gas can do you give him the benefit of the doubt or call the police?

Agreed but you are not seeing mobs of them attacking places of business so your point in this context is kinda mute. I believe this is cultural issue brought on by generations of progressive conditioning. Entitlement and the breakdown of the Black family has made a culture that is right proper dangerous.

Footnote again.......I used the word culture not race this has nothing to do with skin pigment or how hot past ancestor location was.

link   
Describing those involved isn't racist. Police are looking for them. Obviously people need a description -- as if the video doesn't speak for itself already...

link   
Waiting to see how conservatives use these kids as representatives of the entire black youth.

Always the same thing said "I am not racist but.." or "I know or talked with a black person so that makes what I am about to say OK.."

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join