It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where can I find statistics on alien abduction cases?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: twentyoneawatcher
As some have suggested, Mufon, Biblioteca Pleyades, etc. wish you luck but I am curious as to the direction your endeavor is going ??

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

So what you are saying is that if you need to know something then you go off and spend days looking for information as opposed to asking people who have more than likely already done this and can point you in the right direction?

ATS is a community and communities sometimes ask for help and usually people are happy to help.

Yes, how do we know the OP didn't already search conventional sources and couldn't find much? It's not like the government, media and academia are forthcoming or transparent on this issue.

What is wrong with helping people or asking for help? Is anyone forcing you to help?

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

Did you try to search the WWW? Or do expect everyone here to do it for you?

I think to get worked up about such an innocuous thread should be a wake-up call for introspection and/or therapy, to live life with such false outrage over petty things is surely a waste.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Scdfa

You can ask me anything you like about my family's abduction experiences, I was first taken in 1966.

How old were you in 1966?

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

I think to get worked up about such an innocuous thread should be a wake-up call for introspection and/or therapy, to live life with such false outrage over petty things is surely a waste.

Well...if they do go to therapy over this, I really hope they record it and post it on YouTube or something.
"So what brings you in today?"
"Someone posted a question on ATS without doing any research first"
"and how did that make you feel?"
"...Annoyed....and really angry...really angry"
"so you felt you needed therapy for this?"
"You only need 5 posts now to start a thread!"
"only 5? ....I see. Please continue"

edit on 1-7-2015 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Let's get back on track here....

My abduction experience (as I put into my ATS profile) happened in 1964. But the whole business started long before that. And the exact how and why of our early experiences will never be known even to ourselves. I can precisely date "new thinking" from the '64 date and later even though I did not fit all of the pieces of the puzzle together until about exactly ten years later.

Given our individual selves and that some of the changes wrought upon us were not direct but philosophical changes, it can be difficult to trace every change that happened. --A lot will depend upon how well you recall your thinking then and now. For some ordinary people, they would never question how or why they have changed. They never look back. Some of us are different in that regard in that we puzzle and question how a transition has occurred. Some of us remain on the fence with that transition, knowing both side, such as having an naturally given conservative side but recognize a progressive side of our nature. It can be troubling.

Changing views on religion or politics, I suspect, is an excellent place to examine how we have changed. What were our inclinations of belief before and after. Were inklings of a new (better) view on life there even before what we were taught at an early age, etc. It comes down to how much of us as individuals is purely of our own nature, and the when and how other views were put into us. That is the scary part. It is an endless quest.

Sorry, about going off, but the OP seems to be seeking direction and the journey is rocky.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

Cognitive dissidence is alive and well on ATS in easily applied applications of denial.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I was very young indeed, Zeta, you know that from my previous posts on my parents ages. I was not yet even in school.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scdfa

I was very young indeed, Zeta, you know that from my previous posts on my parents ages. I was not yet even in school.

I'm not sure that I do. I believe you called me a stalker or something when I asked. I guessed that you were 3 or 4 previously. Is that the correct age? Was this something you recalled or was this told to you?
edit on 1-7-2015 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Thank you for your support. I have in fact done research on this for years, and have found that most accounts leave out a potentially important bit of information. This information being a change in faith or philosophical views. I am interested in this because many accounts do include a spiritual side to these beings, sometimes what we would call paranormal abilities are included. They have been noted in some accounts to be aware of viewers using astral projection, able to control bodies of humans in encounters, and able to send data to and from human minds. This information is however very hard to come by, and feels censored when I get it. And MUFON is a joke.

To those who have shared your own encounters, I'll will review them and most likely follow up with questions.

To any hostile replies on this forum, I have done research, and still am. If I was not allowed to post until twenty comments, I am sorry. I have re-checked the code of conduct, and do not believe my post is in violation. It is designed to get information of substance.
edit on 1-7-2015 by twentyoneawatcher because: Added Details

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   

You can ask me anything you like about my family's abduction experiences, I was first taken in 1966.

It isn't possible for me to distinguish a before/after difference, as I was abducted when I was extremely young. We were all very young when these experiences started, and my mom was first taken as a teen,

So I can't really say if the abductions changed my spiritual or religious views because I really hadn't formed any views at that age.

I will say my brothers and I have not embraced any organized religion. We were raised Episcopalian, not often in church, but Mom was a true Christian, but one of the good ones. Dad went to Catholic school and hated religion ever since. He's always been progressive, hates oppressors of any stripe. He met Bobby Kennedy three times during Kennedy's Senate run here in New York.

We all share the characteristic of being extremely concerned with the treatment of animals, if that means anything.

Hello Scdfa, what do you remember about the beings you interacted with? Physical description, behavior, communication methods, reactions, etc.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
It would be interesting to see what socio-economic background they come from also.
It seems to me that I rarely or never hear about rich people or minorities being abducted.
edit on 1-7-2015 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

It isn't possible for me to distinguish a before/after difference, as I was abducted when I was extremely young. We were all very young when these experiences started, and my mom was first taken as a teen,

So I can't really say if the abductions changed my spiritual or religious views because I really hadn't formed any views at that age.

I will say my brothers and I have not embraced any organized religion. We were raised Episcopalian, not often in church, but Mom was a true Christian, but one of the good ones. Dad went to Catholic school and hated religion ever since. He's always been progressive, hates oppressors of any stripe. He met Bobby Kennedy three times during Kennedy's Senate run here in New York.

We all share the characteristic of being extremely concerned with the treatment of animals, if that means anything.

Did the beings you interacted with, if you can remember any specifics, look anything like the entity in this video? I realize due to manipulation of certain brain regions these memories of the entities appearance may not exist or may not be very clear....

Though it appears some aspects of the footage have been modified, the being itself has not been debunked. I always thought the pulsating blood vessels made the entity at least seem authentic.

For some reason some individuals on ATS do not like me discussing this video, the being, or giving my opinion on it, I wonder if they are monitoring my posts and will show up after I post this..........

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: PlanetXisHERE

Did the beings you interacted with, if you can remember any specifics, look anything like the entity in this video? I realize due to manipulation of certain brain regions these memories of the entities appearance may not exist or may not be very clear....

Though it appears some aspects of the footage have been modified, the being itself has not been debunked. I always thought the pulsating blood vessels made the entity at least seem authentic.

For some reason some individuals on ATS do not like me discussing this video, the being, or giving my opinion on it, I wonder if they are monitoring my posts and will show up after I post this..........

WHy do you believe this video to be real? Because as a 3ds animator and compositor i can tell you with almost 100% certainty that tat "old timey" look has been added on afterwards to this video. There are many filters in affects and premiere that allow you to do this...add flicker, add garin, add dust, add lines...even sprocket misaligning. I have used them often and this looks like that. i.e: not very well done and fake.

But hey, why let the truth get in the way of the exciting alien video you got your hands on eh?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Yes, this video should not be permitted to be posted here, please dont give your opinion on it or discuss it. There are some reasons why I dont like it. I am monitoring your posts but I am powerless to do anything other than plead with you to stop. Please for the love of humanity, stop posting that video!

Oh just kidding. I absolutely love that video. Its probably a real alien. Completely undebunkable.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian

Yes, this video should not be permitted to be posted here, please dont give your opinion on it or discuss it. There are some reasons why I dont like it. I am monitoring your posts but I am powerless to do anything other than plead with you to stop. Please for the love of humanity, stop posting that video!

Oh just kidding. I absolutely love that video. Its probably a real alien. Completely undebunkable.

I think that video clearly shows a CGI work. The animation is a match of what you can find in several games' intros, for instance.

Besides, if it's real, where's the original footage, the physical film? I suspect nobody will ever find it, because it can't be any since it's all digital work.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: JackHill

I think that video clearly shows a CGI work. The animation is a match of what you can find in several games' intros, for instance.

Besides, if it's real, where's the original footage, the physical film? I suspect nobody will ever find it, because it can't be any since it's all digital work.

Its clearly fake and its quite sad that anyone thinks this is real.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: JackHill

Did you see the veins?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Did you see the veins?

I cant tell if you are being serious or not...

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

Did you see the veins?

I cant tell if you are being serious or not...

That's because text is in 2d and not very animated. But its totally obvious what I am saying. But, really, did you see the pulsating veins? In all fairness, if my posts are being monitored, I want to make sure I dont attract too much attention. If I am serious then that's one thing however, if I am not, then I assure you there is good reason not to be, which is also serious. Sort of. It doesn't matter really because I can't tell if anyone here is serious anyway.

edit on 2-7-2015 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

It's not exactly hard to animate pulsating veins on a CGI creature. This isn't the 1980s anymore, computer animation has come a long way.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join