It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where can I find statistics on alien abduction cases?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I am particularly interested in religious or philosophical backgrounds of those abducted, both before and after if there is any change.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: twentyoneawatcher

Did you try to search the WWW? Or do expect everyone here to do it for you?

(post by JanetyChilufya removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   

You might find something here drmsh.com... If not directly then in some of his references

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

This is a newly registered member, why can't a specified question be asked without the hostility?
Take it easy.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
The X-Files haha

What about mufon.com or something?

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: twentyoneawatcher
I am particularly interested in religious or philosophical backgrounds of those abducted, both before and after if there is any change.

Good idea and thread. That would be some good information and a different outlook than any research I have seen so far. Perhaps give some insight into what types of people that state that they have been abducted.
Have your first flag from me...

edit on 30-6-2015 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   

I've only seen a couple of attempts at putting them together. One study here shows a small group of respondents but it's better than nothing.

Maybe you can piece together something by researching individual cases and archiving their demographic details. I'm sure ATS would appreciate it if it doesn't already exist.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueMessiah

Oh you mean the one without 20 posts that started a useless thread with 2 sentences? What about your hostility?

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Let me guess: you've never done a search for this kind of information yourself.

If you had, you would have learnt that it is very hard to find.

And if you thought for just a moment, you'd realize why. For a genuine sociologist, psychologist or anthropologist, the subject is career leprosy. No matter what your study results are, just choosing alien abductions as a field of study is enough to taint you with the curse.

Look what happens when people genuinely try to find abduction information and analysis on the internet:

What kind of statistics are there on people who claim to have been abducted by aliens?

Can someone help me dig up statistics for alien abduction reportings?

Statistics for Alien Abductions

The OP's question is valid and the thread is well positioned to serve as a one-stop locus of information on the subject. A useful and laudable contribution to ATS. Well done, OP!

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   
You can ask me anything you like about my family's abduction experiences, I was first taken in 1966.

It isn't possible for me to distinguish a before/after difference, as I was abducted when I was extremely young. We were all very young when these experiences started, and my mom was first taken as a teen,

So I can't really say if the abductions changed my spiritual or religious views because I really hadn't formed any views at that age.

I will say my brothers and I have not embraced any organized religion. We were raised Episcopalian, not often in church, but Mom was a true Christian, but one of the good ones. Dad went to Catholic school and hated religion ever since. He's always been progressive, hates oppressors of any stripe. He met Bobby Kennedy three times during Kennedy's Senate run here in New York.

We all share the characteristic of being extremely concerned with the treatment of animals, if that means anything.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I don't think there is any concise database for such a thing. As Astyanax said, it's a guaranteed career ender. What's even worse is that every UFOlogist out there jealously guards his or her information, convinced men in black suits will show up and take it all, making such details hard to dig up.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:45 AM
link   

New members only need 5 posts to start a new thread, not 20.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Under "fiction" and "mass delusions"

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Someone suggested MUFON. Avoid it. For years they refused to admit that people were being abducted. I know first hand.

For starters, any books by Budd Hopkins, even Whitley Strieber (with a grain of salt) and the work of John E. Mack, Abduction And there are web sites that dwell on the topic. Google would be a decent, non-adversarial place to start.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

Someone suggested MUFON. Avoid it. For years they refused to admit that people were being abducted. I know first hand.

For starters, any books by Budd Hopkins, even Whitley Strieber (with a grain of salt) and the work of John E. Mack, Abduction And there are web sites that dwell on the topic. Google would be a decent, non-adversarial place to start.

Including the good sources in this post above you may also want to check out the works of Dr. David Jacobs and Dr. Karla Turner.

The Roper report was the only public nationwide attempt to get a handle on abductions, though I'm sure many covert databases exist. However the Roper report did not deal with spiritual issues related to abductions. Biblitotecapleyades would be a good place to search. Bibliotecapleyades

Here is a page that talks about some of the researchers mentioned above as well as discusses the Roper report:

Abduction info

edit on 1-7-2015 by PlanetXisHERE because: addition

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge

When did this change?

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Well when I start a thread, I have done some research on it first or I have written something original that does not require research, if I wanted to know about alien abductions I would not just come here and ask, I would look for information elsewhere, post an article about it present a source and then ask some questions. I felt it was lazy.
edit on 1-7-2015 by soulpowertothendegree because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   

So what you are saying is that if you need to know something then you go off and spend days looking for information as opposed to asking people who have more than likely already done this and can point you in the right direction?

ATS is a community and communities sometimes ask for help and usually people are happy to help.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge

When did this change?

Ha! You jump on the OP's butt for a silly complaint of not doing due diligence and then do the same yourself. Off topic no less!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join