It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow! It Appears Fukushima Is Causing Americans To Get Cancer

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Good informitive post and one many will not want to read.

Here is a good video explaining more.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
How about a little factual material, from The Guardian:

www.theguardian.com...

But experts familiar with both disasters caution against making similarly gloomy predictions for the children of Fukushima. Dillwyn Williams, emeritus professor of pathology at Cambridge University, pointed out that a noticeable increase in thyroid cancers was not observed until three to four years after the Chernobyl accident.

"Much less radioactivity was released from Fukushima than from Chernobyl," he said. "Most of [the Fukushima radiation] was blown over the Pacific Ocean, and thyroid doses in the most-affected areas are low compared to Chernobyl.

I would add "atmospheric" to releases.... the waterborne releases continue unabated.

and this important point:

Text

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Hilarious! Thank you BoyMonkey. I needed that giggle today!

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: imd12c4funn

This kind of thing makes me sick. And to think our leaders are currently in the process of signing our rights away to these profit hungry corporations in the form of the trans atlantic and trans pacific trade deals.

So when something like this happens again in the future people will have no right to sue these criminals.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Where did you get that thyroid cancer rates have been up 6000%? According to this site, they found no difference in the rate of thyroid cancer in children who live near the Fukushima plant and far from it:

blogs.wsj.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ffx6554

Because it is mostly lies.
Sensationalism at best.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I will say this: either Alcyone really is from the future, or someone is helping behind the scenes, because somehow, she also knew that the effects of nuclear radiation is exaggerated.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ffx6554

oooh never heard of her link?.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

originally posted by: muSSang
Well I'm off to Vault 101 so I don't care!

What I don't understand is, why does a country with a bad record of earthquakes and tsunami's build a F'ing nuclear power plant on their coast!

Because all - I repeat all - nuclear plants are built close to sources of 'fresh water' such as an outlet to the sea.

All? All except the largest power producer in the US. And one in a very seismically boring area at that. They also have a zero discharge policy. All water left is evaporated in huge ponds. PVNGS

No "fresh water" anywhere near this plant.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

I didn't think the response was sick at all. We are use to it and deserve ridicule 99.9% of the time.
We built the Diablo Canyon Nuclear power plant on top of an earthquake fault line, running very close to 2 other fault lines and the famous San Andreas Fault...all within 30 miles of each other.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Good informitive post and one many will not want to read.

Here is a good video explaining more.

But but but that can't be true ??????????

I have solid evidence Da-boob 8up ( sorry I like that better than Dahboo 77 )
claims that they are having to GMO engineer salmon to survive in the Pacific because of Fukushima !!!!!!

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Google "reptilians are the bad guys Alcyone"

Note: regarding her WW3 scenario, I've already explained how it could happen. Just search for my old account np6888.

edit on 25-6-2015 by ffx6554 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Here's another bit from her that I caught: according to her, there is actually a 40-people committee(the Rockefellers, Bilderbergs, i.e New World Order that we mistakenly call the Illuminati. I suspect John Boehner and Harry Reid are two of the members) that oversees the Majestic Twelve. While I appreciate them pushing for the TPP, it's still just way too much work. There are really way too many problems that we really just have to simply "make it happen."

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stngray

originally posted by: FyreByrd

What I don't understand is, why does a country with a bad record of earthquakes and tsunami's build a F'ing nuclear power plant on their coast!

Because all - I repeat all - nuclear plants are built close to sources of 'fresh water' such as an outlet to the sea.

All? All except the largest power producer in the US. And one in a very seismically boring area at that. They also have a zero discharge policy. All water left is evaporated in huge ponds. PVNGS

No "fresh water" anywhere near this plant.

You are correct - I did not know about that one. The idea seems to be that the evaporated water from sewage treatment was to be used to cool the plant - inventive I will say.

That seems to be the idea - :

Five Valley cities, Arizona Public Service and Salt River Project announced a preliminary agreement of a 40-year comprehensive water contract to provide cooling water essential to power production at Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Station, the nation's largest energy producer.

Better then a fresh water supply by all means.

I will amend my remark - All nuclear plants, except for one in Arizona, are situated by and use fresh water sources for cooling.

Now - do they compost the 'crap' remaining after evaoration? or just leave it in 'on-site' storage with the old fuel rods, I wonder.

And we know how much a 'zero-discharge' policy does to keep the public and the environment safe.
edit on 25-6-2015 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
They have 51 reactors on that island half as many as we have here in the continental US. Recipe for disaster if i ever saw one. Nuclear power is only useful as long as you have the power to contain it. Spiderman once said with great power must come even greater responsibility. There is a tale of two cities whose population was burned into shadows, it was our first act once we learned how to split the atom.
Great Power 2 - Greater Responsibility 0.
And we haven't looked back ever since a reply to: muSSang

edit on 25-6-2015 by PainGod because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-6-2015 by PainGod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd
The water we are talking about has no contact with radioactive material. It is literally "crap" and is dredged out and left to blow to the winds. This is just like the water that cools any other steam turbine in the world, regardless of its heat source. I agree, however, that zero discharge polices are nothing but PR. There is no true zero discharge site. On the radioactive side, PVNGS will not evaporate their radioactive water when it is raining. This is because tritium will be detectable near the site.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:52 AM
link   

What else should they do? They have few energy resources and placing nuclear plants along a coast is pretty much required as part of an ultimate failsafe. Had Fukushima not been along the coast they wouldn't have been able to pipe in sea water to keep the reactor cool. Had that been the case the core would have exploded and dispersed in the atmosphere drifting inland and causing many more problems. Instead the nuclear waste got diluted into the ocean where it's mostly harmless.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fireflysky
a reply to: imd12c4funn

I never researched, but I remember watching a video that showed all nuclear power plants in the US are built on fault lines
. The only thing people can do now is to protect themselves as best as they can. Supposedly there was much research done after Chernobyl regarding ways to fortify the lymphatic system. I seem to remember that pectin helps as does potassium iodide. Unfortunately this will not go away. I also remember hearing that volcanic eruptions release way more radiation than anything humans create. If you have fear, then I feel it is best to research solutions. I am very grateful that we have the internet for research. On the other hand, always being on the internet also exposes people to a different kind of radiation, I think it is called electro magnetic wave radiation which can affect people's health. Not to mention it is not good for the human body to be sedintary. The lymphatic system cannot drain properly. Plus computers and iphones are really filthy, people just don't realize how gross they are.

Electro magnetic radiation? This is a joke right? Do you know what electro magnetic radiation is? Light. That's all.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: dr1234

High Energy Electromagnetic Radiation is what gives us X-Rays.

And Gamma.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Studies show Fukushima this... studies show Fukushima that....

Doesn't matter anymore.... Dear old Fukushima is what you see is what you get.

What you see today is what you will see 10,20,30,50,100,200,300 etc years from now.

It can not be stopped. Fukushima is truly the gift that keeps on giving.

It doesn't matter what anyone speculates anymore.... just wait for the time to pass and you will see for yourself what the results will be.

This sounds like it came from those wacko nut jobs at enenews
edit on R192015-06-26T08:19:49-05:00k196Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join