It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marijuana is Medicine "Journal of the American Medical Association" concludes

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+51 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Better late than never. The American Medical Association has said that marijuana is medicine. Period. Exclamation point. Fini.

Marijuana is Medicine "Journal of the American Medical Association" concludes

Marijuana is one hundred percent a form of medicine, researchers conclude in a bombshell series of reports released today by the Journal of the American Medical Association.

Cannabis — which has been used medicinally for thousands of years — reduces nausea, and vomiting, and pain, as well as spasticity, a panel of researchers conclude, after reviewing a total of 79 trials.

“Use of marijuana for chronic pain, neuropathic pain, and spasticity due to multiple sclerosis is supported by high-quality evidence,” one of the reports found.

edit on 23-6-2015 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

This is the first step toward a repeal of the Federal narcotics classification.

It's about damn time. However... this usually points to big pharma gearing up for something too.

~Namaste

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Good on the AMA.
When are they going to call alcohol what it is?

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Good on the AMA.
When are they going to call alcohol what it is?

.........And that would be...............?

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: SonOfTheLawOfOne

Not big pharma ,BIG TOBBACO.
I can't wait to pick up some Malboros again...

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

It is toxic. A lot of people die every year from the effects of alcohol. Alcohol poisoning. Drunken falls. Cirrhosis of the liver. Drunk driving accidents.
Most states tax it and make a lot of money on the sales. In Pennsylvania, you can only buy wine and liquor from a state run store.
Nicotine is a poison too.

ETA: I smoke cigarettes and drink occassionally, I am a Libertarian, so I don't think either should be outlawed. I just want the AMA to be honest.
edit on b000000302015-06-23T20:14:35-05:0008America/ChicagoTue, 23 Jun 2015 20:14:35 -0500800000015 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
As it should be.
I haven't missed a day in 25 years and I have no plans of changing that.
What took them so long?

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Buzzkill.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   

S### that makes you sleep with people you wish you never had?

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

See my edit.
I've eaten so many tequila worms it is scary.
And I don't even like tequila.

edit on b000000302015-06-23T20:18:22-05:0008America/ChicagoTue, 23 Jun 2015 20:18:22 -0500800000015 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Standing by for folks to come in and offer their anecdotal personal experiences which completely contradict scientific studies and the experiences of millions of people who've used cannabis properly.

Also standing by for the folks who have no personal experience with cannabis but call anyone who's pro-legalization "stoners" and "pot heads" with an "addiction" even though 100% of the actual facts go against their nonsense opinion.

Go ahead, folks... be predictable.

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   

I would like to see criminal records wiped clean for those people who were charged with possession of marijuana. They should also release those people from jail who shouldn't have been placed there in the first place. It's unfortunate that something which is being recognized as being beneficial and less harmful than alcohol and tobacco, has caused people to lose their jobs or has interfered with their careers.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: FinalCountdown

S### that makes you sleep with people you wish you never had?
Lol nice one.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Can't be a complete thread without: Clearly that can't be true. It must be paid for by the pro weed legalization board. After all if you're under 30 do not touch that or you will become schizophrenic.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   

So they concluded it has medical and not recreational purpose?

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

So they concluded it has medical and not recreational purpose?

This is the American Medical Association, not NORML or High Times magazine. They can only look at the medical studies which have been done, hope for further studies to be done, but are only within their purview in addressing the medical use of the plant, which they've now done.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   

And what a terrible travesty this is...as 99% of people who have every right to use it recreationaly now need a prescription from a bought and sold Doctor to indulge themselves in the same way as a person grabbin a beer. Folks should of listened to the Anti-Drug Czar all these years, but instead...they pigeon holed themselves...bravo

Just wait, this wont turn out the way it was hoped for...

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: SonOfTheLawOfOne

This is the first step toward a repeal of the Federal narcotics classification.

It's about damn time. However... this usually points to big pharma gearing up for something too.

~Namaste

It'll be farmed on a mass production industrial scale.
They'll genetically alter it, if they haven't already.
As good as the 100% natural form of marijuana can be for our health, they'll make sure to reduce it's effectiveness.
What they are gearing up for is to possibly monopolize it. But first they have to change public perception and the perception of "law makers"(which can be done easily with financial incentives...)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Can removing the ban on Hemp be far behind?

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: mortex

Your post may be a bit pessimistic. With the number of eyes on the topic now, with the financial incentives growing by the day (pun unintendedidly intended), and with the specific strains being cultivated in governmental areas where the product is legal, the chance to change the plant into something different and less interesting to the people focused on the issue has come and gone.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join