It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taking some time to recollect, recharge, refocus

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Hello friends,

I am at a place in life where it is best for me to take a break from all of the conspiracy topics. I've spent the past decade sincerely trying to learn about the world. That has included everything from spending countless hours on such sites as ATS to completing three college degrees related to politics, social science, global development, and poverty. I've also worked a number of jobs, both in the US and abroad, and conducted research here and abroad, in the aims of both learning about the world and attempting to make a positive impact.

It's all been very eye-opening, and also disillusioning. As a person who works on international development projects as well as poverty-initiatives here in the United States, it has been profoundly saddening to see the level of corruption that really exists in international affairs, even within the very international NGOs and initiatives I believe in or work with. With the military-industrial complex virtually owning many politicians and infiltrating most global initiatives, and with global justice being selectively applied really only to tin pot dictators and not to the powerful, I don't think we yet have achieved real international cooperation nor will we for a while due to the above.

Moreover, I am convinced that the US is the global empire, and has been using any means necessary since WWII to achieve global hegemony. That includes all the wars we know of, which are paraded about under the veneer of "global democracy and fighting for freedom," when in reality the motives have been pure geo-political power. This is best demonstrated by the historical fact that the US and CIA have repeatedly overthrown democratically elected governments and installed iron-fisted dictators when it suited our geo-political interests.

The problem is, all of this research and travel and work have seriously impacted my life motivation and even work ethic. Before I was fully aware of this stuff, I was on FIRE, spending countless hours every week gladly striving to "make an impact" and "change things for the better." I've been struggling the past year or two to keep it up. To sum it up, all this "awakening" has at least suppressed my mojo. I feel like it cut down my sail and i'm a ship at sea without a rudder.

So, I need to take some time to recollect, recharge, refocus, and get that rudder under control and fill my sails again. Right now debating the same old conspiracies isn't helpful to that end. I will commit to always learning and remaining open going forward, and in no way shape or form is my taking a break a sign of trying to re-brainwash myself. I will probably remain on ATS this week to talk to anybody who responds.

Also, my work and research continues to revolve around real social justice, poverty-alleviation, and global peace. This is what I have committed to as a result of the above realizations. Without being preachy, I do suggest to ATS members that after spending a lot of time "waking up," they commit to some kind of real action (large or small) to address global challenges. My mother used to say, "Don't be just an armchair philosopher." That can include everything from sustainable personal choices such as diet, lifestyle, or loving others all the way to our career choices, protest, voting, etc.

I thank ATS and all of you for your interesting ops, posts, topics, and research. I've learned a lot from many of you.

I also apologize for when I have responded overly harsh to some people or in the heat of a debate, written disrespectfully. We should all strive to engage in calm, respectful debate on any topic. I do believe in bi-partisanship and uniting together to really solve humanity's challenges.

Namaste and God bless.

edit on 23-6-2015 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)
edit on 6/23/2015 by kosmicjack because: title edit
extra DIV

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I have had to take extended breaks myself and it has been therapeutic for me. I will miss you terribly and hope you can return at some point. I would love to hear about the actions you choose to take.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Words of wisdom. Don't lose that fire you have within you! We all need to commit ourselves to change this world for the better. Unfortunately, as long as the majority has money in their pockets and a roof over their heads, most people become complacent and allow the few to wage war, destroy our environment, and take away our freedom and liberties.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Aw...please reconsider leaving.
Can't you see that's just what the U.S. Global Conspiracy wants you to do?

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
It is therapeutic to just get away from it all and find yourself. I know at times I feel like whatever I do doesn't matter and I am just a number, or a pawn used to advance someone else's gain. That feeling can take the fire right out of your heart. Take some you time and find yourself again. Know that you matter and you serve a purpose in the grand scheme of things.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Some people are blinded by light when the wool is removed from their eyes.

The blue pill is waiting.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
It's always good to take a break from it all.

I'm mainly a lurker myself now.

Enjoy your journey, Feathered Serpent...
Awaiting your return patiently, and eagerly.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

You take truth with you wherever you go. Once learned, you cannot unlearn it. Words have power, once sent out to the universe you cannot ever really retract them.

That being said, I hope you take what you have learned here and apply it to improving that which you know exists on whatever level you can

As the Irish say: " Is fhearr fheuchainn na bhith san duil" meaning, "it is better to try than to just hope".

I wish you good health in mind, body, and spirit in all you do.

~beannacht, mo'chara (blessings, my friend)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Take a break, see ya soon!

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I'm mainly a lurker, but couldn't help myself, I have to add my two cents worth too.

Sometimes it's necessary to take a break from the internet. Not to go back to sleep, but at least start digging your way out of the rabbit hole.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Bye for now Quetzalcoatl-may your cloud powered ship take you to new horizons.
I am about to do the same-summer holiday time rarely shows ATS in its best light IMO.
Dang kids...

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
I have had to take extended breaks myself and it has been therapeutic for me. I will miss you terribly and hope you can return at some point. I would love to hear about the actions you choose to take.

Thank you my friend! I have enjoyed your posts in the past. Yeah, even in the aim of waking ourselves up, it can be important to take time to take care of our familial, personal, and spiritual needs. Our own path has to be sustainable if we are going to keep at it for a life time and not burn out!

As to my pro-active actions I focus on:

Personal: I have slowly shifted my own diet to less meat based, due to environmental impact. I buy organic or fair trade when I can. I drive a lot less than I used to, take public transport, and walk/bike a lot. I know that this is easier for me than many on here as I live in NYC, which has great public transport. I try my best to act consciously, justly, and in the aims of real community and understanding. I still fail all of the time but am trying. I also choose to speak up about injustice or problems, even when it potentially is harmful to my own interests to do so.

Work: I've been working on poverty issues since about 2006. That includes experimental social science research, teaching low-income kids, building social businesses surrounding food security and nutrition as well as economic development for the poor, and some policy work (UN). I also have focused a lot of environmental issues, both as a science teacher and with the sustainable development work. Currently I am interviewing for two jobs, one working with education policy and low-income communities in the northeast and the other working with the City of New York with real estate and increasing subsidized units for homeless families.

My work with education also fulfills a goal of raising general awareness, critical thinking, and civic engagement.

I think we could start a cool positive thread on ATS (If i wasn't quitting
), about members contributing what they do and/or great ideas for service and positive action.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Perhaps it's time to regroup ideals and revisit the approach.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

Words of wisdom. Don't lose that fire you have within you! We all need to commit ourselves to change this world for the better. Unfortunately, as long as the majority has money in their pockets and a roof over their heads, most people become complacent and allow the few to wage war, destroy our environment, and take away our freedom and liberties.

Thanks!

Yeah, individual action is key. First, unless we are in a position of real power, it's all each of us can really do. And, society is the sum of the individual actions. If more people committed to educating themselves and then taking appropriate action, we might see a real change.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Aw...please reconsider leaving.
Can't you see that's just what the U.S. Global Conspiracy wants you to do?

I would agree with you if I was "taking the blue pill" and trying to put my head in the sand. However, the goal is not that. The goal is for me to recharge, synthesize the information, meditate, and get ready to dive back into real action to address these issues.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: warpig69
It is therapeutic to just get away from it all and find yourself. I know at times I feel like whatever I do doesn't matter and I am just a number, or a pawn used to advance someone else's gain. That feeling can take the fire right out of your heart. Take some you time and find yourself again. Know that you matter and you serve a purpose in the grand scheme of things.

I hear you. It's hard to feel like nothing is going to change no matter what we do. I relate to that. That's one reason I've been feeling unmotivated recently. I feel like even if I re-dedicate my life to service, due to the greed, corruption, and so on out there, it will make little difference. And this is why ATS isn't serving my re-motivation scheme right now. It feeds that side of my thinking.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I hope that you get things back 'in gear' as far as work and your life.
But I also look forward to your return.... when you are ready!

I wish you and yours peace, health and happiness!

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
It's always good to take a break from it all.

I'm mainly a lurker myself now.

Enjoy your journey, Feathered Serpent...
Awaiting your return patiently, and eagerly.

Thanks man. I've enjoyed your posts in the past. Given I enjoy these topics so much, I can't imagine I'll stay away forever.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
I hope that you get things back 'in gear' as far as work and your life.
But I also look forward to your return.... when you are ready!

I wish you and yours peace, health and happiness!

Cheers!

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight

You take truth with you wherever you go. Once learned, you cannot unlearn it. Words have power, once sent out to the universe you cannot ever really retract them.

That being said, I hope you take what you have learned here and apply it to improving that which you know exists on whatever level you can

As the Irish say: " Is fhearr fheuchainn na bhith san duil" meaning, "it is better to try than to just hope".

I wish you good health in mind, body, and spirit in all you do.

~beannacht, mo'chara (blessings, my friend)

Good words. I appreciate the well wishes.

As you say, it is very difficult for someone to truly "unchange" or go back to a pre-awakening phase.

I will do as you are saying, taking the lessons learned at places like this and bringing them out to the world. A good example of this is that I used to be a pretty Democrat type guy. Now I tell people that the elite of the Democrats are bought out. I go independent now.

Take care friend.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join