It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taking some time to recollect, recharge, refocus

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Ah, going on a sabbatical. Sooner or later you'll be back. It's like a drug, you will have to have a fix and anyway the good-bye is "goodbye, it was fun and thanks for all the fish".
Hope to hear from you soon and enjoy your break.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Thanks mods
I appreciate what you just did.
edit on 23-6-2015 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Ah, going on a sabbatical. Sooner or later you'll be back. It's like a drug, you will have to have a fix and anyway the good-bye is "goodbye, it was fun and thanks for all the fish".
Hope to hear from you soon and enjoy your break.

Yeah, I can't see staying away forever. ATS is one of my vices

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
You said:

I am convinced that the US is the global empire, and has been using any means necessary since WWII to achieve global hegemony. 

To put that in historical context, if we look back to the pre-modern industrial age, it was the British Colonialists who set the precedent for how the "West" behaves and views itself, in this modern age of global industry... Despite massive corruption in our offices, poverty among our own people, genocidal conquest across the globe, the "West" congratulates itself for all the supposedly good things it has on the world stage since the days before and during ww2... And sees itself as the most morally responsible... It's a total lie, but the danger is in not comprehending the full extent and thinking only the US is to blame for the global order, when the truth is what American does and and has done, goes back to the days of the British Imperial Empire... Even things like the cold war have their roots in the days of the British conquest in Asia... Russia and Britain played what is referred to as "the great game" in the middle East and Indian subcontinent (as it was known in those days), vying for dominance of strategic countries like Afghanistan... So what we see today, is nothing new....

But anyway, please do enjoy your break
and i hope you find that wind in your sails... We look forward to your return. Peace..

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
We all get busy with other things, and sometimes for a while we can't afford too much time to the internet. I've gone through many phases with the internet and ATS, I read only for the most part in 2011 and 2012, took off a month a couple of months ago, My garden thanked me
and no one missed me a stitch! Which is perfect as we have different ways of grounding and resting and it's great to just pop back into the mayhem with no stress and pressure.

Enjoy your break, see you soon!

edit on 23-6-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: funkadeliaaaa
You said:

I am convinced that the US is the global empire, and has been using any means necessary since WWII to achieve global hegemony. 

To put that in historical context, if we look back to the pre-modern industrial age, it was the British Colonialists who set the precedent for how the "West" behaves and views itself, in this modern age of global industry... Despite massive corruption in our offices, poverty among our own people, genocidal conquest across the globe, the "West" congratulates itself for all the supposedly good things it has on the world stage since the days before and during ww2... And sees itself as the most morally responsible... It's a total lie, but the danger is in not comprehending the full extent and thinking only the US is to blame for the global order, when the truth is what American does and and has done, goes back to the days of the British Imperial Empire... Even things like the cold war have their roots in the days of the British conquest in Asia... Russia and Britain played what is referred to as "the great game" in the middle East and Indian subcontinent (as it was known in those days), vying for dominance of strategic countries like Afghanistan... So what we see today, is nothing new....

But anyway, please do enjoy your break
and i hope you find that wind in your sails... We look forward to your return. Peace..

Yes, I should have rephrased that. What I mean is that the US has adopted the mantle of empire and taken over where the previous empires left off, such as the British Empire. I don't claim the US is worse than famous empires in the past. Not at all.

BUT, there is a HUGE disconnect between what the US/mainstream media say about our recent history and why we fight these wars and the reality. There is a huge disconnect between what the average American thinks about foreign policy and the reality.

I feel like the British Empire and Rome, for examples, were more open about their pure desire for geo-political hegemony, and their right to have it.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
We all get busy with other things, and sometimes for a while we can't afford too much time to the internet. I've gone through many phases with the internet and ATS, I read only for the most part in 2011 and 2012, took off a month a couple of months ago, My garden thanked me
and no one missed me a stitch! Which is perfect as we have different ways of grounding and resting and it's great to just pop back into the mayhem with no stress and pressure.

Enjoy your break, see you soon!

Thanks! So true. And it's important we take care of ourselves and take breaks in everything, including work, ATS, etc. And, let's be honest, while ATS and the internet are great, there is a real life we have out there outside of our computers.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Hey, sorry to see you go - always enjoyed your posts! You seem to be one of the rare breed around here who actually "gets it", instead of the more popular conspiracy approach of having the whole sham pretty much backwards all the time.

But I also completely understand how the discourse can be very deflating at times. If it's holding you back from making positive impacts in the real world, then by all means get back on your horse and ride - there's much more important work to be done out there. Good luck and all the best on your mission

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   

This is something we all must do in many situations in order to grow.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Yes.. Only I think it might be a little bit more complicated than that... After independence the US were competing with the British Imperialists... And as the Imperial Empire declined towards the end of the 19th century and in the early 20th century, the US found itself in a situation where due to many factors such as industrialization and the oil boom, they were able to increasingly match the might of the British global hegemony, simply from development (and lest we forget mass genocide of its indigenous population) within its own borders that went on to eclipse within decades the economic and industrial might of the British... Putting them in a position of unrivalled dominance... That more or less continues to the day..

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: mc_squared

Hey, sorry to see you go - always enjoyed your posts! You seem to be one of the rare breed around here who actually "gets it", instead of the more popular conspiracy approach of having the whole sham pretty much backwards all the time.

But I also completely understand how the discourse can be very deflating at times. If it's holding you back from making positive impacts in the real world, then by all means get back on your horse and ride - there's much more important work to be done out there. Good luck and all the best on your mission

Hello

Thanks for the kind words! Sometimes it's unclear if people on here are enjoying what one is posting or not, besides the occasional star or positive post.

What do you see the more popular conspiracy approach being? I'm glad I'm an exception apparently! haha.

Yeah, I need to go within and refocus. But I'm sure I'll be back in the game again. That's the idea.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: funkadeliaaaa

Yes.. Only I think it might be a little bit more complicated than that... After independence the US were competing with the British Imperialists... And as the Imperial Empire declined towards the end of the 19th century and in the early 20th century, the US found itself in a situation where due to many factors such as industrialization and the oil boom, they were able to increasingly match the might of the British global hegemony, simply from development (and lest we forget mass genocide of its indigenous population) within its own borders that went on to eclipse within decades the economic and industrial might of the British... Putting them in a position of unrivalled dominance... That more or less continues to the day..

Sure. My response wasn't meant to be a comprehensive investigation of these topics, just agreement on your general points.

However, I would caution you to not characterize that development and rise of empire to only include internal development. The way in which you are phrasing it almost makes it innocent and incidental. While this was true for some of that time, most definitely in the 20th century the US became a truly global empire in the military and neo-colonial sense. Much of that continued development required all kinds of external manipulations. This is especially true since WWII (and beginning in WWI) when the old order was reconfigured and many of the old colonial powers begin to lose their grip. Those external actions include countless interventions, coups, invasions, attacks, and covert ops abroad in the name of empire. No longer is the game overt empire like the days of old, but instead the subtle control of leaders, economics, and energy systems.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   

I guess what I'm trying to say is, British set the precedent (even this I guess is questionable when i think of more ancient influences on how the British behaved)...
But the Brits were big on innovation and had a very effective education system and administrative structure that made it such a powerful Empire... Things like printing press, were used to great effect as propaganda tools throughout the Empire... They claimed to have the best interests of the colonized people at heart, saying they wanted to bring "civilization" to all four corners of the world... Exchange that with the word democracy... And it's exaclty what the US does.... They used divide on conquor tactics to split countries by geography ethnicity religion and caste... Creating divions and borders where there previously was none, and shoring up previously existing ones. They planted agents and spies in positions of power and authority, by turning natives against their own people and indoctrinating them with Imperialistic idealism... To great effect...
I could go on...

But what you say is also correct in that yes, indeed, the rise of the military industrial complex has been somewhat unprecedented in terms of.... Shall we say sleight of hand politics... Whereas as you say the Brits, though equally lied to and indoctrinated among all ranks and levels... Had a bit more front and boasted of things that would now be seen as outrageous without apologising or feeling sorry for the "uncivilised" blood they spilt in the name of conquest... Besides that though, I see little to no difference... Hence I stand by my assertion that what US has done is no different to what Brits have done in previous centuries, and that the US was simply a continuation of the precedent that was already set... In locomotion
edit on 23 6 15 by funkadeliaaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Well your "leave" was short lived.

What changed your mind ?

edit on Jun-24-2015 by xuenchen because: 'o'

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Well your "leave" was short lived.

What changed your mind ?

Hey,

In my original post I said I'd stay on this week and respond to people.

By the way, here is a good (and long) video that covers not only a lot of ATS subjects, but also the very mental/spiritual burnout that can be a phase of awakening and seeing some of the challenges we really face. I mentioned I've been going through a bit of that and the need to go within. The video below talks a lot about all of this.

topdocumentaryfilms.com...

Have you seen it?
edit on 24-6-2015 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-6-2015 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join