It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Types of surveillance, level 1-4, know where you fit in.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC

And you're so close to the people's republic of pinelandia. Everybody knows their gamers are SOLID

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
For those that think surveillance does not go on, you sound very naive or very pro government. The specific protocols for each organisation or department will vary. Going through the garbage is also another common source for info.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: PredatorCrackling

i bet sam and his real buddies from the FBI are sitting around drinking beer and having a real good time laughing at you making a fool of yourself talking about the smoke he blew up your a@@.

after all they can surveil your electronic communications.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

i bet sam and his real buddies from the FBI are sitting around drinking beer and having a real good time laughing at you making a fool of yourself talking about the smoke he blew up your a@@.

after all they can surveil your electronic communications.

Quoted for hilarity

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I'm at level zero, Not easy to accomplish. But it can be done.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

i couldn't resist

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev
For those that think surveillance does not go on, you sound very naive or very pro government. The specific protocols for each organisation or department will vary. Going through the garbage is also another common source for info.

No one is saying surviellance doesn't go on...in fact show me one person that said that....they are saying the human factor of surveillance the op claims isn't going on.

You know for all the school shootings we have had they find a ton of info after the fact on how they posted things online...or told their neighbors ...or were googling things....yet all of them made their attacks successfully...so either the fbi isnt doing the surveillance they think, or the let the attacks happen, or they are just really incompetent.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: rockpaperhammock

not to mention the ones that move in next door to you. those are some real company men / women. no personal life at all just live and breathe FBI.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Yea but think of the overtime. And once they hit mandatory retirement and go civilian, they get to double dip!

*eyeroll*

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: rockpaperhammock

When it comes to the challenges of big data, there is lots to it. To have some kind of pre crime, 100% effective solution does raise significance issues with free will and self determination, if it is at all possible. In the past community engagement and tip offs helped prevent and resolve a lot of issues.

Surveillance is not cheep, but the man power, tools and experience is there. A year or so ago some on these boards done an experiment and used the words 'kill the president' on the phone. In a very short time he got a lot of heat. His recommendation was not to try it, but if you are so certain about this human factor let us know how it goes.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

You're using an incident of tech surveillance to support the notion of physical surveillance.

That's not how it works. That's not how any of this works.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I understand the paranoia and concern.

After my first prank call at eight I reasoned if I unplugged the phone they couldn't trace it. It was stupid but I remember it being so frightening thinking that Federal Agents might be busting down the door any moment to interrogate me on why I felt the need to harass a random civilian from the phone book with an inquiry on whether or not their refrigerator was running and if they had Prince Albert in a can.

Serious business.

edit on 6/20/15 by GENERAL EYES because: redaction, deletions and clarifications courtesty of the NSA

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Can you deny my ignorance on how it does work then?

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Sure.

Evidence of electronic surveillance is not evidence of physical surveillance. But if one is being physically surveilled, electronic surveillance is all but guaranteed.

But the FBI is not moving in next door to surveil somebody for life. Promise.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Right everything you just said had nothing to do with human surveillance. I don't know why I even argue with people anymore. They don't read anything I write. Just to reiterate since you refused to read what I wrote...I believe the government is collecting everything they possibly can electronically in terms as Edward Snowden pointed out (on a side note almost everything he said had been out in a book about the nsa called Body of Secrets in 2002..we just didnt know they were using it against their own citizens). I totally agree. But if you read the OP again:

"Level 2 surveillance
If you are too secretive and careful so that electronic surveillance is not good enough (you value your privacy). Then FBI comes at night and installs a GPS device under your car. Undercover FBI or CIA agents show up to change your smoke detector, free of charge, this is a listening smoke detector. "

So if you don't use anything so electronic surveillance can't get you then the FBI supposedly comes at night and installs gps under your car. Oh and CIA too.

This is one of the stupidest things I have seen on the internet. This would include....my dad...my uncle....all my uncles....who most use cash, none have a cell phone, none have email besides one uncle who is a bit "hip" and most baby boomers who never got into tech or credit cards. My mom has a cell phone and never uses it. She does like skype though...although it doesn't use her real name and she prefers to pay with cash too...so according to the above statement in the OP my parents should have bugs all over the house installed by the FBI and oh wait for it......the CIA....at night!!!

Funny thing...last time I was at their house their smoke detector battery went off and I changed it...I didnt notice any devices...but hey according to op..they would be just the type as they have damn near 0 online identity. My dad woudln't even know how to work a cellphone let alone a computer.
edit on 20-6-2015 by rockpaperhammock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
noa reply to: Shamrock6

What about Julian Assange or Eric Snowden. Opps soory, another example of physical evidence. I have work to do, have a nice day.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev
noa reply to: Shamrock6

What about Julian Assange or Eric Snowden. Opps soory, another example of physical evidence. I have work to do, have a nice day.

What about them...you still haven't proved a point about anything....they are talking once again about electronic surveillance...not physical surveillance.

Physical surveillance is an actual person looking eyes on. It is similar to Human Intelligence in the intel field. It is a physical person doing the observation.

Edward ...not Eric...Snowden discussed about electronic surveillance.

How are you a veteran member here? I can't tell if you are trolling or just maybe you didn't understand what Physical Surveillance was...which is ok if you didn't know. But just say that instead of digging yourself deeper into a hole.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

I never said anything about "physical evidence." Literally not one word. You do understand that nobody has denied electronic surveillance is going on in this thread, right?

Makes "oops" all the more fitting.

You have a good day too.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   

The filing was done on March 5th, 2015. Emails saying "you better be IN my office when I arrive" going to those who know the real # has hit the international fan.

Oh, don't bother with me, I am seriously a nobody. I am OK with that.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I'm level one, occasionally, with a level three thrown in a few times.
I hear two things that can get you lifelong NSA surveillance are running hacking tools that are considered eavesdropping such as Ethereal or Wire Shark, another was to join an Anarchist group. If you get a secret clearance you may get a level three as you probably will be considered for recruitment to an alphabet group if you are a new member of the armed forces with any educational background of merit, you will be questioned to see if you have the kill instinct and a dossier will be made with photo surveillance and analysis of your movements to see what your liabilities, interests, and associates are. Throughout your life you will be have randomly surveillance through your smart phone, voice capture, face recognition, associations through face book, contacts in G mail, etc and intercepts through phone lines if you look a little extra interesting. The people who will surveillance you most is if you work for any of the highly technical global businesses and then all your online postings, believes, business profile, social security numbers, banking info, email contacts, and persistent eavesdropping can be expected to be done on a cyclical basis as long as you remain in the field.

edit on 20-6-2015 by starswift because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join