It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German Man Cuts Belongings In Half For Divorce Settlement

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Pretty humorous but slightly psychotic.Perhaps indicative of behavior which caused his divorce in the first place.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Ha, ha, ha - brilliant.

Well, some cultures are less metaphorically minded, and if the law says half, it must literally be half.

Not sure about child custody - get the chainsaw?
The wisdom of Solomon for our age.
Joke.

Oh well, let the bank re-posses both halves of the car and try to stick it back together.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
One of the many reasons why marriage is stupid.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Pretty stupid, if true.

He cut off his nose to spite his face.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik
Yeah, hers too.
I guess a lot of protest action first seems like cutting off your own nose.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: halfoldman
I guess a lot of protest action first seems like cutting off your own nose.

Fine line between protest and just being spiteful.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Possibly, assuming that he meant to be spiteful and not just exact.
If the law says one half it should be literally one half.
He probably measured everything too.
Some people just work that way.

I'm sure they'll both be fine ultimately.
The bank and the insurance have the real headache.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChiefD

originally posted by: OptimusPrimeOne
rt.com...

Talk about getting back at your ex lol.He must have been pretty upset with his ex in order to go that far.

Honestly I think men need to get there cojones back it seems to have been lost due to various reasons.

Cojones huh?

Try psychotic lunatic. I hope she sues the crap out of him.

Karma is a bitch.

Looks like you are lacking cojones yourself.Must be a female lol

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: GiulXainx
One of the many reasons why marriage is stupid.

Yep! Why do we need chuch and state to legally bind love?The truth is we do not.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Some items dont split into two even halfs, there may be more components in the left side of the tv and the drivers side of the car deffinately has more in it. Maybe he divided everything by weight, a reply to: halfoldman

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61
Pretty humorous but slightly psychotic.Perhaps indicative of behavior which caused his divorce in the first place.

If real and not a stunt, I agree with you on this.

Anyone who makes such a dramatic protest would be pulling similar psychological sh!t in the marriage.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

originally posted by: TDawg61

If real and not a stunt, I agree with you on this.

Anyone who makes such a dramatic protest would be pulling similar psychological sh!t in the marriage.

Right lol

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Being German ancestry, I've known a number of especially dudes who are like that.
Don't say something unless you literally mean it.
Doesn't surprise me at all.
Although the worst was probably a Swiss guy I met in college.

One time he wrote a paper in pencil (and this was before computers were common), and the English teacher took her eraser and rubbed it all away.
She gave him a lecture about the college finals, and it was supposed to be some kind of being hard-to-be-kind lesson.

A few weeks later she marked our work with a pencil, and he actually erased it, and gave it back to her.
Her face was priceless, but she had to do it.

Then we wrote exams, and the whole class was present at ten minutes to two.
But he refused to come up into the class until two on the dot.
The teachers had their heads out the windows and were screaming: "Marco, come in now, stop being silly"!
But he just stood there, shouting back: "No, it says two - I'm not coming up till my watch says it's two".

He was a bit older than us and re-doing his finals to get university clearance.
It was shocking to hear what he'd gone through, even by our Christian Nationalist education system at the time.
He told us they'd once caught him with a radio in boarding school, and they phoned his dad, who said he should be caned (very common back then), and his radio should be given to the best student in school.

He used to cycle everywhere, even before it was fashionable.
Apparently he arrived in Switzerland and cycled to his grandfather's house from the airport.
And then there was the time at the college, when all the guys just got undressed to bunk in, and there's a knock on the door, and it was the cops, because we stole some policeman's hat (our contribution to the struggle).
Nobody could move, because we knew we were guilty as sin.
The only person who never came with us was him, and everybody was like: "Marco, open the door".
He wasn't in a hurry, and first got his glasses, and he opened it just before they kicked it in.

Yeah, I can well imagine some logical people think a half is a half.
Or don't call it a half!

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

That is assuming this guy is anything like good old Marco.

Looking closer at the article and seeing that he only cut and put 16 items on sale, I call BS.

I mean really, they only had 16 items between them? Only one DVD and one LP? Did they really have joint custody of the teddy bear?

PT Barnum would probably have a good chuckle.

Yeah, I can well imagine some logical people think a half is a half.
Or don't call it a half!

Maybe it gets lost in translation and I have never been divorced so I don't know what wording might be used but, is it ever really called "half"? They don't itemize?
edit on 21-6-2015 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Aaaaand, its a hoax.

Those who did it: A german magazine for lawyers...
Google.translate version

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Oh no - a hoax?
Well, everything I wrote was true.
And I hope history takes note.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
Not to ruin your excitement over this, she can sue, as he ruined her half in the process too. Now he has to find money to pay her...Karma is a Bit@h.

I agree. Nothing funny about misogyny or not understanding work of equal value. My grandfather was a real man back in the dino days for the laws, and he got it. He did hard manual physical labor in his own logging company, it was selective horse logging. And he also was niave about grandma, multitasking day in and out, picking in the lilacs with pics, gardening, shopping, meals, etc. He joked she was watching soap opera's until he got laid off with a broken leg and she got a job in the packing house. He went to back to work on a broken leg as he preferred that to the multi tasking.

Even back in the 80's the cost of hiring out all the things a stay at home mother does is far higher than most salaries men bring home. And yet my friend married a misogynist who went around telling people stay at home wives were prostitutes, paid for sex, because there really are men that stupid!!!!

Don't get married or live common law with women, or women and children, if you don't get life, because half of what was put into that home while they were together is rightfully hers.
edit on 21-6-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   
On second thoughts, the original story does seem rather far-fetched.
But divorce is a messy business from either side of the gender spectrum, and nowadays also with same-sex marriage.
I suppose relationships and how they flounder will always be a matter of humor, although like much gallows humor they actually point to something very serious.
But watching the crime channel, a messy break-up that leaves both parties alive and healthy is better than a homicide.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: halfoldman
But watching the crime channel, a messy break-up that leaves both parties alive and healthy is better than a homicide.

Thinking about your friend Marco, if someone told him marriage was "till death do you part" he might just end up on the crime channel instead of divorce court.

I mean, the deal was till death.
edit on 22-6-2015 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Some people are exact, but certainly not homicidal or destructive.
I often wonder about him and whether he's married these days.
I'm sure he is hitched to a like-minded women.
Not sure whether the phrase "till death do us part" is part of all vows, especially civil vows.
The last wedding I attended didn't include that phrase.
That's probably from the time when divorce was considered socially unacceptable, and the church usually didn't grant it, even when there was abuse and adultery.
The only way out of marriage was indeed death, and the Victorians were petrified of being poisoned by their spouses, especially as these substances were commonly available in pharmacies, and were often undetectable.
The culprits were usually women.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join