It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop kills ex-wife on street with daughter in his car

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

As his 7-year-old daughter watched Tuesday from the front seat of his SUV, a police officer gunned down his ex-wife on the street in front of horrified witnesses, authorities said.

The fatal shooting began around 11:30 a.m. ET when Seidle, who was off duty, chased his ex-wife as she was driving through the streets here, LeMieux said.

As Tamara Seidle was trying to flee, her vehicle crashed into a parked car. Philip Seidle then swerved his Honda Pilot into hers, got out of the car, pulled out his handgun and approached her car, immediately firing into the driver's side several times, LeMieux said.

The officer ran out of the car, yelling at his ex-wife inside about child-custody battles, witnesses said.

Cop kills ex-wife on street with daughter in his car

So, a distraught cop kills his ex-wife in the middle of the street in front of his daughter.

Apparently, he was tired of going to court with her. I'm sure a lot of people he arrested for BS were tired of going to court, too.

That's really sad for the little girl, and for the rest of the family, since he has 9 children.

The thing that gets me is how other cops who responded spent the necessary time to negotiate him into not killing himself. Had it been ANYONE else, I imagine they would have killed his ass. Granted, he *didn't* appear to threaten the other cops, and since they *knew* him as a "decent" guy who apparently just "snapped," they kept him alive.

But the incident in general is troubling about our perception of cops: he was so fueled with rage like because he was NOT IN CONTROL of the situation like he is when on duty and dealing with ordinary people, that he snapped, chased her down and murdered her. WOW.

I feel really sorry for the family, and I'm glad they DIDN'T shoot him. He needs to pay for the damage he's apparently done.
edit on 17-6-2015 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

The so-called 'child support system' destroys yet another child's life ..as they destroyed the lives of millions more over the years ..

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
And the apologists, "a good guy as they would say."

Lulz

A "good guy" does not murder his ex-wife in front of his child.

Imagine if this was one of us little peons, so sick and tired of the two-tiered justice system.
edit on 17-6-2015 by RomeByFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Thinking about dating, marrying or having an interlude with a LEO?

You should know what you are signing up for.

Authoritarians... low IQ's... angry .... and skilled at manipulating evidence.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: junglimogli

The so-called 'child support system' destroys yet another child's life ..as they destroyed the lives of millions more over the years ..

You didn't just divert blame from the murderer did you?

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire
And the apologists, "a good guy as they would say."

Lulz

A "good guy" does not murder his ex-wife in front of his child.

Imagine if this was one of us little peons, so sick and tired of the two-tiered justice system.

This is not the fault of the man or woman .. this situation is the creation of the corrupt child support system that creates so much hatred between parents to ensure the family unit does not survive ..
The empower Mom (in most cases) and make Dad the slave ..
Recognize the root cause, it's happening every day in America and other western countries ..
I've said it before, and again, the highest number of deaths today are not from accidents, drugs, etc .. it's from suicide of non-custodial parents .. whose lives have been made impossible to live physically, emotionally, and financially ..
This corrupt system needs to burnt to the ground ..

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: junglimogli

They had only been divorced two weeks.

Of course, the article does say he made 125k last year. WOW. Sgt pay is good....

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Reminds me of this video:

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

Oh absolutely. He was a "good guy" who "snapped." Anyone else is deranged.

Anyone would have been killed in the street instead of talked down.

Nothing but hypocrisy and double standards between them and us.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I don't like the focus on how he was a police officer. What does that have to do with it? Events like this happen all the time. He was even off-duty when it happened.

Please don't try to turn this into some type of police brutality case when it was nothing of the sort.

Horrible story nonetheless, feeling awful for the poor child.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: faint1993

No one is turning it into a police brutality case because it isn't. What it is a cop, yes a cop, who became so enraged at loss of control of a situation that he murdered his wife.

No, it doesn't really matter that he is a cop, but he is. And that is a fact. And that is how it will be reported just as if it has been a soldier, a news anchor, or anyone else in a position of prominence or seeming respectability.

And that's the reality.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: faint1993
I don't like the focus on how he was a police officer. What does that have to do with it? Events like this happen all the time. He was even off-duty when it happened.

Please don't try to turn this into some type of police brutality case when it was nothing of the sort.

Horrible story nonetheless, feeling awful for the poor child.

It may be a legitimate thing to comment about.
There have been studies showing that police officers have a higher rate of suicide and domestic violence than the general population.
I wonder if the cop shot his wife with hollowpoint bullets.
Everyday citizens in NJ are restricted from having them in their possession outside of their own property, but cops... not so much.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: faint1993
I think it's relevant that he's a cop. This isn't by any means the first time an off-duty cop has instantly become Judge Dredd. Cops should be held to a higher standard than the average thug out there who can't control his rage. If you wear a badge, and carry a gun, your actions should be under scrutiny by the public. Can't stand the heat? Stay out of the kitchen.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I would love to hear from the apologists here.

It might go like this. Well unfortunately we don't what happened before he killed his wife, Maybe she resisted arrest, or did not follow his orders.
or blah blah blah blah blah

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

originally posted by: junglimogli

You didn't just divert blame from the murderer did you?

well of course he did, it's the fault of "liberal" ideas like child support....so liberals and their policies in our society are the ones to blame...haven't you watched FOX NEWS?

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Good point, I agree. It's a possibility that the reason for their divorce could be that he was using drugs (from confiscations). They did have many children. Just sayin'... this is a conspiracy site.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

They had only been divorced two weeks.

Of course, the article does say he made 125k last year. WOW. Sgt pay is good....

2 Weeks is enough to drive a man under .. especially with custody battles ..or threats of it from the ex-wife ..
The severely unjust custody laws that favor one parent, are what drove this man to use his weapon ..
Anyone who has gone through a custody battle will tell you the amount of anger they have felt at the one sided corrupt court system ..
This guy just happened to have a weapon at hand, and a license to use it ..

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Annually there are around 2,515,458 deaths registered in the US with the leading top 10 causes accounting for nearly 75% of all deaths.
1. Heart disease
2. Cancer (malignant neoplasms)
3. Chronic lower respiratory disease
4. Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases)
5. Accidents (unintentional injuries)
6. Alzheimer's disease
7. Diabetes (diabetes mellitus)
8. Influenza and pneumonia
9. Kidney disease (nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis)
10. Suicide (intentional self-harm).

www.medicalnewstoday.com...

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...

Well stop saying it.
edit on 17-6-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-6-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Greetings and Salutations- Being that I am a medically retired cop from Ca. who was retired out in 2004 and worked at the Federal level prior to that, My opinion may be skewed but as a strict follower of Rule #2) What someone thinks about Me is none of My business. With that being typed:

How utterly disgusting. It seems that "They" (Them; The Establishment) have started hiring drones who shoot first and then lie about it moments later and because the trigger happy, badge heavy drone killed someOne not of My sect then the old standby "shouldn't have ran..." This heinous act has ZERO excuse EVER. The fact that He was a police officer is also germane because how many domestic violence/child custody cases has He responded to and reported on? The fact that He has sired 9 children (Own child's Mother) with Her makes it especially HEINOUS. If I were to dig into this I'd be interested on what advice He gave people in similar circumstances..

It WAS the best j o b in the world until some turd somewhere started crunching numbers. I've always been blessed with 'timing' and was retired out before The Big Storm, back when the jails/prisons were mostly County/State run where if the P.D. wanted to book somebody they thought about it first, not now w/the private jails where everybody gets booked and We, the taxpayer, pay the booking fee. Plus, "They" had plenty of bodies of those "They" incarcerated during the 'Crack War' where the inner city, Urban male (read: black or 'other'; non-voter) made more $$$ on the coc aine 'They' imported to sell on the streets.. Now "They" make the $$$ on Sales/criminal/incarceration/re-hab......

KNOW this, each time a cop does some 'snip' like this the non badge-heavy cop cringes.. Not all the cops got beat up in high school, not everyone has a vendetta and for this act, NO EXCUSE. I hope He lives a very loooooooong "Life" to think about what He has done, 18 eyes looking and not needing to verbalize the "why"..

namaste

Proud member of LEAP.cc

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Yes, the first few weeks are any ended/ending relationship are extremely hard.

As far as custody battles, yes, I've seen it first hand. It's nasty, and lasts a long time.

And none of them resorted to violence.

Otherwise, I agree with you.

ETA: except for the "license to use it."
A license to "lawfully" use it, not to murder.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join