It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The rich in California admit they think they're above the rest of us

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: CB328

They're Californians.

So, of course, they're better than the rest of us.

Im in cali now and I have to say compared to the other states I have visited they are better

Serously though the droughts a serous issue and needs to be taken serously.

The californian economy is one of the biggest in the USA. Along with New york, texas and a few other affluent states its littrally carrying the other states on its back.

If California collapses and turns into a dust bowl it would be very bad and will hit the rich no matter were they live
edit on 15-6-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-6-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

They still have rich people in California? I thought the all moved to NY in the last 15 years.

Been to NY and in sacremento now.

Why anyone woykd want to move from here to that croweded # hole is beyond me!

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   

a reply to: Xtrozero

I have to fly to Sacramento in 2 weeks.

I'm afraid to go. I've never had botox nor do I own Birkenstocks. And I hate avacado's.

Never fear, that is northern CA, they want to be their own state because they can't relate to southern CA either...

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   

I'm afraid to go. I've never had botox nor do I own Birkenstocks. And I hate avacado's.

Dont worry Sacramenti isnt LA, you will survive and may even have some fun

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Never fear, that is northern CA, they want to be their own state because they can't relate to southern CA either...

My friends here are telling about that, they really really want to break from the south, even san fransico they want to kick out

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

The califonian economy

If Califirnia collapses and turns into a dust bowel

You can turn a phrase and anyone who can't appreciate it deserves to be californicated.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Because NY since the Giuliani/Blumberg years has given preferred treatment to big money, the rich and those with money power.

NY is now the city of the rich.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
What kills me is someone paying $80,000 to plant native species in their yard when nature would do the job for nothing.
For an entire district to have their water usage go up by 9% when they are mandating cuts seems a telling figure to me. Enough people there think their money entitles them to all the water they can use.

Stay thirsty my friends.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Because NY since the Giuliani/Blumberg years has given preferred treatment to big money, the rich and those with money power.

NY is now the city of the rich.

Still new york is a # hole

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: fyrebyrd

originally posted by: buddah6

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: buddah6

overly educated

What do you mean by "overly educated"? How can anyone be "overly educated"? Do you mean, like, they didn't work hard for their credentials - that they 'passed' their classes when they didn't deserve it?

No, the overeducated are the people who spend their lives with little or no contact with people outside the academic community.

Kinda like people who - have little contact with people outside their race - have little contract with people outside their church - have little contact with people outside their ****. You mean like everyone that 'hangs' with people who speak the same language and have the same interests?

That is not what I said or meant and you know it! I have friends that are not American or speak my language. I have friends that are of different religions and color. I believe it makes for a more rounded experience. In fact, I practice what I preach! My wife is not American or the same religion.

You can't tell me that an academic who has been on campus for 20 years with no outside exposure is well rounded both in character or skill. Their thought processes are narrowed and academically incestuous.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: fyrebyrd

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: buddah6

overly educated

What do you mean by "overly educated"? How can anyone be "overly educated"? Do you mean, like, they didn't work hard for their credentials - that they 'passed' their classes when they didn't deserve it?

No, the overeducated are the people who spend their lives with little or no contact with people outside the academic community.

Kinda like people who - have little contact with people outside their race - have little contract with people outside their church - have little contact with people outside their ****. You mean like everyone that 'hangs' with people who speak the same language and have the same interests?

That is not what I said or meant and you know it! I have friends that are not American or speak my language. I have friends that are of different religions and color. I believe it makes for a more rounded experience. In fact, I practice what I preach! My wife is not American or the same religion.

You can't tell me that an academic who has been on campus for 20 years with no outside exposure is well rounded both in character or skill. Their thought processes are narrowed and academically incestuous.

First - my remarks had nothing whatsoever to do with YOU personally.

Second - you were speaking in broad generalities (all academics are out of touch with real people - all politicians are.....) and so I pointed out that, FOLLOWING YOUR LOGIC, that all people that spend most of their time with a single grouping (by job or interest or color or religion or politic) is equally out of touch. Therefore your argument is poor.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
a reply to: Iwinder

wow, one of the largest freshwater sources in the world and you were metered??.....I just looked it up and lake Huron has... 850 CUBIC MILES of water......geez...cubic miles!!!

Yes indeed there is lots of water and as of right now today the folks that have lake/river front property's are screaming bloody murder. Not because they are metered but because they are getting major shoreline erosion due to high water levels.
We are on sand so anything we pump out today to water our yard is the same water we will pump out tomorrow. If you dig down about 14 feet your ok but after that you need a pump and a big one to clear the water.

Yep we are green alright:-) Now if our water bills would just come back down to where they should be we would be happy campers.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: fyrebyrd

I will take my poor argument and shut up and let you make your point.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
When it comes to buying stuff (like water) the rich ARE above everyone else. It's not that they think they are above the law, it's simply that when California gets fully 100% metered on water, the rich won't care how much they pay for it.

However, water running out completely will be the great equalizer. If there's no water left at all, I don't care how rich you are.

If there's nothing to buy, all the money in the world can't buy it.

In less than a year, when the water is OUT in California and people are rioting in the streets because water has been shut off to LA, San Diego, Sacramento, or San Francisco, the rich will be protesting just as hard as the poor.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

But we have our water. And plenty of it. Heck, the reservoirs are overflowing right now. Actually, I live upstate near the reservoirs. Fish in the headwaters often. Not too big of a fan of the City either.

This article is as divisive as anything else in the news these days. They use the headline to focus on the ill mannered rich people, and speak of them first. Then near the end of the article, which statistics say how many people read that far, they mention a few of the good apples. And I'm sure you can find a poorer person or two with the same attitude of these rich people.

BTW, I'm nowhere near rich, and I am not defending them. Just not a fan of this article.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Should build a wall around california and trap them there.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Should build a wall around california and trap them there.

You mean build a wall round LA and trap them there

North california is a amazing place and I hope they get there own state and shut the souths water off

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Why not? People tell the poor they're not equal when it comes to food. Certain people should live on ramen noodles while others can buy meat and vegetables, and they should be thankful they get $100/month in food stamps. Why would the well off in California think any different? It's a mentality that's pervasive among the entire US population.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Its actually the LAW and they can be arrested for violating the restrictions.
It was OFFICAILLY declared by state law,water rationing was put into effect so no matter HOW much money you have it's a violation of state law.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join