It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The rich in California admit they think they're above the rest of us

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: buddah6

So - back in the 60s? Yeah - times have changed.
Don't write off 'academia' without looking into its more contemporaneous product. Draft-dodging is no longer relevant.

I think that you are very wrong! Very wrong! Getting a job was always difficult. No one wanted to hire anyone fresh out of school in fear of the draft. I joined the military to have a job. When I returned to school after my active service there still were no jobs in my field. I swept floors in a GM plant to feed myself. With a new degree, I still couldn't find a job so I did what I did in the military. I flew for several airlines until my retirement. I then went on to teach in a middle school in western Cincinnati.

Unfortunately, I had to work with a group of people who did dodge the draft. To my surprise, they had the same grievances as in the sixties. And yes these are the overeducated one that I'm referring. Liberal to a fault and complained about everything.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

MSN is corporate sponsored flamebait, but still...

It doesn't matter where in the world you come from, water conservation is vital. Nobody in their right mind would waste water on their buffalo or blue rye grass when that water could feed vegetables or hydrate the young and old.

*smack* what am i thinking? Of course California needs water, how are those Hollywood blockbusters supposed to work if the cute protagonist doesn't crash into a fire hydrant? Michael Bay needs fire hydrants so screw you Californians and your concerns.

I'm sorry, my sarcasm meter just broke.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

hey...you fluffy, furry, California-hating bigot, my backyard looks like parched desert, ..

lolz

I don't hate California. I even tried to visit once but I smoke and eat red meat and think independently.

So they wouldn't extend me a visa.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

overly educated

What do you mean by "overly educated"? How can anyone be "overly educated"? Do you mean, like, they didn't work hard for their credentials - that they 'passed' their classes when they didn't deserve it?

People are born with talents that when educated become phenomenal. Others are not and spend their lives becoming educated but lack the talent to do anything with it.

Education does not make one great or even smart.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Don't get caught doing this. metronews.ca...

“They probably had a backpack-sprayer filled with liquid fertilizer,” he said after looking at a picture of the lettering. “And that’s some big letters… you’d be looking at a two-man job there.”

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

overly educated

What do you mean by "overly educated"? How can anyone be "overly educated"? Do you mean, like, they didn't work hard for their credentials - that they 'passed' their classes when they didn't deserve it?

An education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease. It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on. Terry Pratchett

Academia at its worst teaches people what to think, not how to think. This is an increasingly prevalent tenant of modern education and it (generally) just gets worse the higher up that ladder you go. When you add in the echo-chamber element (that is increasing as well) what you churn out are a bunch of automatons that are simply vomiting out the same garbage that was put in. Assimilation and Regurgitation is all well and good for teaching basic concepts but it doesn't replace actual thought.

Many people are so over educated these days that they can't see the forest for the trees, or find their ass with both hands, or pick you metaphor... It'll still work.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

They have to RUN to the military for the big bucks and if they are not connected they have wasted their schooling then.
It's quite HORRIBLE to know how much brilliance is hemorraged from this myopic system and I hope one day the military doesn't have such a controlling power ,but for now here we.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
I know this is only from one town, but it shows you the mindset of these people and why I think they're dangerous for our country. Apparently they don't have to follow the same rules as the rest of us, and they shouldn't have to make any sacrifices when the rest of us do. This is not democracy or equality, they think they're aristocrats.

www.msn.com... =mailsignout

Rich Californians balk at limits: ‘We’re not all equal when it comes to water’

As the average person sees brown sludge come out of their faucet the rich will just build a private reservoir and have a fleet of water trucks to fill it, or they just go to their Paris apartment and camp out for a year or two, oh the horror...

edit on 14-6-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

They still have rich people in California? I thought the all moved to NY in the last 15 years.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I am a Native of the Golden State.

These are actually my neighbors. The next town over.

They are better than us. Bill Gates, Jenny Craig they even got a Private from the Stones.

They waste more water on their Golf Course size lawns than you would believe.

Just except they need it more. They deserve it more.

You people obviously need lessons in dealing with people unimaginably rich.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Gotta love the best of the best, especially when they compare themselves to what they think is #. Such a low standard for such graces, might advise a more challenging group.

I wonder how the British feel about them, don't get me started on the French, or Japanese.
edit on 14-6-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

I agree hardily.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

They have to RUN to the military for the big bucks and if they are not connected they have wasted their schooling then.
It's quite HORRIBLE to know how much brilliance is hemorraged from this myopic system and I hope one day the military doesn't have such a controlling power ,but for now here we.

I did run to the military but they got their money out of me! Two tours in Vietnam is a pretty big price. I didn't go for the money though. I went to have a job! I swept floors to have a job! I was a airline captain to have a job. I taught school to have a job! If I could get out of this wheelchair I'd be working too.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
I am a Native of the Golden State.

These are actually my neighbors. The next town over.

They are better than us. Bill Gates, Jenny Craig they even got a Private from the Stones.

Just except they need it more. They deserve it more.

You people obviously need lessons in dealing with people unimaginably rich.

This problem is when there is no water period no matter the cost paid. The rich can at least move, God I would hate to live in CA right now. Look at Gore with his carbon tax, the man's own carbon foot print is larger than a small town, but hey he can just pay....

edit on 14-6-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043
Yeah right I wouldn't leave Santa Barbara or Sonoma or humbolt county for New York ever

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

I read (and posted a thread) about how the Golf Courses are ripping out sod, and becoming much more realistic by planting 'drought tolerant' plants.

Not to mention that ONE ALMOND takes a relatively un unbelievable amount of water to 'grow.' And walnuts are even worse.

I might be not recalling correctly - but it's a HUGE amount of water. For ONE almond.

I have several black walnut trees in my yard - we get fruit (nuts) - and we don't water those trees at all. They survive in the climate. We get HUNDREDS of pounds of black walnuts every season.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I was thinking about doing a thread on this after reading the article this morning. I recall not too long ago reading about the next wars are going to be about water.
For example this link I found among hundreds and hundreds........
www.theguardian.com...

I love this part of the article......

“I call it the war on suburbia,” said Brett Barbre, who lives in the Orange County community of Yorba City, another exceptionally wealthy Zip code. Barbre sits on the 37-member board of directors of the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California, a huge water wholesaler serving 17 million customers. He is fond of referring to his watering hose with Charlton Heston’s famous quote about guns: “They’ll have to pry it from my cold, dead hands.” “California used to be the land of opportunity and freedom,” Barbre said. “It’s slowly becoming the land of one group telling everybody else how they think everybody should live their lives.”

No wonder he sits on the water board:-)" Look out for yourself and screw the serfs" is my translation of the above.

S&F
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boomy327
I'm sure they will be complaining a lot more when there isn't any water and the people are dying of thirst , rioting, and looting their castles. Idiots...

Not to mention when there is no water those Castles are worthless:-)
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Iwinder

Well if you watch the threads about low income minimum wage and everything economically related you'll notice that attitude prevalent even here on ATS and it's even sick.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Isn't California saving water and denying it's usage to save the "farting bubble snail fish" (or whatever it's called)?

I guess my major concern is all the Californians coming here to my state (Oregon). I mean, it's already an ultra-liberal state. Add a few Californians and it'll be California "part deux".

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join