It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The rich in California admit they think they're above the rest of us

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I know this is only from one town, but it shows you the mindset of these people and why I think they're dangerous for our country. Apparently they don't have to follow the same rules as the rest of us, and they shouldn't have to make any sacrifices when the rest of us do. This is not democracy or equality, they think they're aristocrats.

www.msn.com... =mailsignout

Rich Californians balk at limits: ‘We’re not all equal when it comes to water’

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
We are all equal, some are just more equal than others.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328

They're Californians.

So, of course, they're better than the rest of us.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mr Headshot

Some are this = while others are this? =

They just need to install a regulator for the addresses known not to play ball. Once the restriction limit is met for the month.....the water goes off. Until the water goes through the meter, it still belongs to the company providing it.

You don't want play well with others? Screw off.
edit on 14-6-2015 by DeepImpactX because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-6-2015 by DeepImpactX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I'm sure they will be complaining a lot more when there isn't any water and the people are dying of thirst , rioting, and looting their castles. Idiots...

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
This is a rich mans mentality.Could be any state or country.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   

There is a segment of our population that feel themselves "entitled" but not just the wealthy. You may include the overly educated and the politicians. They feel above the masses and work hard to insure that they stay aloof.

Schools don't insure an education but social outcome. He didn't pass but he must stay in the same grade where he's entitled to stay with his peers. The teachers are entitled to keep their jobs for not teaching to a minimum standard.

Politicians always raise their salaries and benefits when the middle class struggle to buy health insurance or put food on the table. Have you ever heard of a Democrat or Republican ever taking a pay cut. They feel entitled to your money.

How about a doctor who gives you many tests to validate their diagnosis only to protect his wealth not your health or money. After all they'll make more money protecting themselves with you money. Some may double bill the insurance companies and when they are discovered they fire the secretary. ENTITLED.

They say that they are entitled to high salaries because they are so responsible and work so hard to attain their positions. ENTITLED!

It's the ENTITLED mentality that is rampant in our society. Everyone feels entitled to something they didn't earn! As Obama says, you didn't build that business...someone these did.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   

edit on 14-6-2015 by buddah6 because: lobotomized through superior pain meds.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: buddah6

overly educated

What do you mean by "overly educated"? How can anyone be "overly educated"? Do you mean, like, they didn't work hard for their credentials - that they 'passed' their classes when they didn't deserve it?

edit on 6/14/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

overly educated

What do you mean by "overly educated"? How can anyone be "overly educated"? Do you mean, like, they didn't work hard for their credentials - that they 'passed' their classes when they didn't deserve it?

No, the overeducated are the people who spend their lives with little or no contact with people outside the academic community. You may have advanced degrees but that's not the person in which I speak. This person may only have a BA or BS but stays in an academic environment and has no other life experience. The person who lives in the classroom for only the classroom. It's the person who can only relate to the world in an academic way as it relates to school and no other consideration. They are the ones who think they have all the answers because they are educated. They feel elite and entitled due to working in academia.
edit on 14-6-2015 by buddah6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

overly educated

What do you mean by "overly educated"? How can anyone be "overly educated"?

I was thinking the same thing. I believe he might have been referring to where people are educated rather than to what extent.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Ah. So - those who are professional "academics". Yes. Life-long learning institutions, tenured folks. They have a lot of pressure to be published, too. I see what you mean.

There are, however, MANY MANY advanced degree holders right now who can't find jobs in their field because they happened to choose fields that are routinely first on the chopping block by conservatives - or outsourced to foreign countries. And some of them didn't make much money to begin with (e.g. teachers). We HAVE TO HAVE teachers. And that old saw "Those who can't, teach," which is meant as derogatory in some mouths.....well, the truth is, that some people simply don't have what it takes to interact on the front lines (or they did for years and burned out), but they know their stuff - so they are best suited to training up the next front-liners. Best-practice data come from academics.

They have to 'dumb down' and 'rewrite' their resumes just to get hired out in the 'real world'.
I knew a doctor who had to minimize his education so he could get a job as a bus driver.
I've got several different resumes myself, and some of them have no reference to my education at all. It's my age that is the deterrent, now.

"Oh, you're over 50? Oh, hell no. We don't want no stinking over-50s who have educations and advanced experience - nono, we'll take interns and not pay them - or recent grads who haven't got any life experience or on-the-job experience at all."

Thanks for explaining your meaning.

edit on 6/14/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

It's the person who can only relate to the world in an academic way as it relates to school and no other consideration.

If that's their strong suit, what's wrong with it?
We need academics - just as much as we need garbage collectors and highway-builders and IT people.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I think it's harder on the rich when they become victims of their own scams.

It's hard to take the water problem seriously when Los Angeles springs million gallon leaks from old and rotting water lines almost daily, when factories are acid washing tens of thousands of jeans, 1800 gallons of water per pair, in downtown L.A.!

www.oldhamcountywater.com...

edit on 14-6-2015 by windword because: source

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

overly educated

What do you mean by "overly educated"? How can anyone be "overly educated"?

I was thinking the same thing. I believe he might have been referring to where people are educated rather than to what extent.

No! There are those who are educated beyond "THEIR" abilities. They have no business being in academia and only are there because they can't do anything else! I am sure that you have seen them from time to time. They feel entitled for no good reason.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Most of the male students in the college that I attended were avoiding the draft. Did they rise to the academic level...NO! 90% were in education because it was a short and easy degree.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeepImpactX

originally posted by: Mr Headshot

Some are this = while others are this? =

They just need to install a regulator for the addresses known not to play ball. Once the restriction limit is met for the month.....the water goes off. Until the water goes through the meter, it still belongs to the company providing it.

You don't want play well with others? Screw off.

It's a phrase from animal farm, by Orwell.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

So - back in the 60s? Yeah - times have changed.
Don't write off 'academia' without looking into its more contemporaneous product. Draft-dodging is no longer relevant.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

As Obama says, you didn't build that business...someone these did.

That statement had absolutely nothing to do with entitlement. Read the rest of the context:

The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together. There are some things, just like fighting fires, we don’t do on our own. I mean, imagine if everybody had their own fire service. That would be a hard way to organize fighting fires.

This is not a new or novel idea. Thomas Paine, Agrarian Justice, 1797:

Personal property is the effect of society; and it is as impossible for an individual to acquire personal property without the aid of society, as it is for him to make land originally.

Separate an individual from society, and give him an island or a continent to possess, and he cannot acquire personal property. He cannot be rich. So inseparably are the means connected with the end, in all cases, that where the former do not exist the latter cannot be obtained. All accumulation, therefore, of personal property, beyond what a man's own hands produce, is derived to him by living in society; and he owes on every principle of justice, of gratitude, and of civilization, a part of that accumulation back again to society from whence the whole came.

Ben Franklin, letter to Robert Morris, 1783:

All the property that is necessary to a Man, for the Conservation of the Individual and the Propagation of the Species, is his natural Right, which none can justly deprive him of: But all Property superfluous to such purposes is the Property of the Publick, who, by their Laws, have created it, and who may therefore by other laws dispose of it, whenever the Welfare of the Publick shall demand such Disposition. He that does not like civil Society on these Terms, let him retire and live among Savages. He can have no right to the benefits of Society, who will not pay his Club towards the Support of it.

Ironically, given your miscomprehension, I believe the fundamental sentiment expressed in all of the quotes above (including Obama's) is actually quite applicable to the topic at hand.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

They're Californians.

So, of course, they're better than the rest of us.

hey...you fluffy, furry, California-hating bigot, my backyard looks like parched desert, it has developed cracks in the soil. my front yard, I water with a hose, (to make sure there is no run-off) on Tuesdays and Fridays only around 7 am for about 25 minutes. it has a barely perceptible shade of greenish brown...for the last 2 weeks it's been in the high 90's and hit 100 a few times. there are tens of millions of us here in the state doing the right thing. but even in Stockton, I found a business park where most of the financial institutions have their offices, and they have tall green grass in large street strips, and park-like, emerald-green areas next to the actual businesses themselves. and inside the "wealthy gated areas"....there simply is no drought, water on lawns, in the streets, even some homeowners washing down their large driveways.....I'm not exactly rich, but, I do live comfortably, and let me tell you, it's already getting nasty....water thieves are driving up to strip malls late at night, breaking open small latches on outside faucets and stealing hundreds of gallons at a time. farmers and/or their workers, are taking pumps and hoses at night dropping them into canals and rivers and pumping water they are not suppose to have.....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join