It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lady problems - looking for advice

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma

originally posted by: Temudjin
Avoid topic if you are a man

Is it gross, the idea of suddenly feeling very hot and sweating?

Actually....hot and sweaty sounds pretty good from my corner

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

originally posted by: Temudjin
Avoid topic if you are a man

Is it gross, the idea of suddenly feeling very hot and sweating?

Actually....hot and sweaty sounds pretty good from my corner

My husband agrees with you...albiet in a sauna situation.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   
doctors and in general medicine do not know how your the body responds to hormones. in general, all drugs can be divided into groups on the content of the poison, descending hormones immediately after chemotherapy, 3 heart medications . if you kill hormones say thanks in hell Paracelsus for allopathic medicine , for hundreds of millions robbed and murdered medicine P.S. must ask why the hell? because your desire to buy health usually ends with the death of the patient and the enrichment of his killers

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Okay, last night we had one glass of wine with dinner, and the hot flashes got worse all night.
Tested and tried. Alcohol is out.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Some great replies on staying away from processed foods and alcohol. I'm not a woman either.

I always go to this website to look for natural cures... Earth Clinic

The top cure is listed as raw apple cider vinegar with mother. Try taking 2 tablespoons every 4 to 5 hours. You can mix 2 tablespoons of raw apple cider vinegar mixed with 4 tablespoons of apple juice.

You may also want to look into taking iodine supplements, like lugol's iodine, I'll try to find the link on that. It has to do with taking the raw ACV but I don't recall why.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: toastyr

I love EarthClinic! I used the section for pets, as I have a cat with cysts. Giving turmeric orally (mixed in food) shrank the big cyst, amazing. (But now he refuses to eat the food with it mixed in )

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight
a reply to: texasgirl

Well it certainly can affect some women seriously, but one of my friend's actually sailed through it ease. Also, don't think that your womanhood and sexuality will end, it does not have to - only child bearing will end and that is not the be all and end all of being a woman.

I've always been healthy and have never been on any medication stronger than an antibiotic (and only a few times in my life, at that)
so maybe I'll just sail through it, too.

As for child bearing...I don't plan on having kids. I like kids, I just don't want them myself.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
not mean to offend you. you can find a solution on the Internet such as the Women's Forums , ATS are mostly male forum can be quite competent, but not more than a woman who lived it . and of course the health of you and to all the women of Russia and the US . and thank that you here in ATS
edit on 16/6/15 by mangust69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
My girlfriend has been having lots of hot flashes lately. She likes to use an EnduraCool snap towel. We've recommended it to a few of our friends and they also said it works great. Hope that helps.

They are sold at Lowe's or you can order them online from Amazon

EnduraCool Website

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: magicwand67

I've never heard of that. Thanks! I'll see if I can get it.
In the meantime I've put bottles of mineral water everywhere to spray on my face - that does good.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma
Melatonin.

Antiandogenic foods may also be of help too.
May I ask if there is something else you are struggling with that you'd rather not mention?

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: jazz10

I also have epichondylosis in both arms (tennis elbow) . I' ve had it for three months, going through all kinds of treatments without seeing much amelioration. It was caused by my job, so I'm looking at having to change my work. This is a difficult decision for me, and it impacted negatively my relations with my employer, who I got along well with before... which is upsetting to me.
I have been on anti-inflammatories for the last three months.

So there is some emotional stress and frustration that (it sounds like) could play into this,
as well as wondering if the anti-inflammatories might influence it, as I mentioned earlier in the thread.

edit on 16-6-2015 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

originally posted by: InTheLight
a reply to: texasgirl

Well it certainly can affect some women seriously, but one of my friend's actually sailed through it ease. Also, don't think that your womanhood and sexuality will end, it does not have to - only child bearing will end and that is not the be all and end all of being a woman.

I've always been healthy and have never been on any medication stronger than an antibiotic (and only a few times in my life, at that)
so maybe I'll just sail through it, too.

As for child bearing...I don't plan on having kids. I like kids, I just don't want them myself.

If you do not suffer from hormone imbalance, I suspect you very well may sail through it without a hitch.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

a reply to: jazz10

I also have epichondylosis in both arms (tennis elbow) . I' ve had it for three months, going through all kinds of treatments without seeing much amelioration. It was caused by my job, so I'm looking at having to change my work. This is a difficult decision for me, and it impacted negatively my relations with my employer, who I got along well with before... which is upsetting to me.
I have been on anti-inflammatories for the last three months.

So there is some emotional stress and frustration that (it sounds like) could play into this,
as well as wondering if the anti-inflammatories might influence it, as I mentioned earlier in the thread.

Have you tried cutting out wheat from your diet? I know it's hard (because everything has wheat in it!) but I've heard it solves a lot of problems like inflammation.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: mangust69
not mean to offend you. you can find a solution on the Internet such as the Women's Forums , ATS are mostly male forum can be quite competent, but not more than a woman who lived it . and of course the health of you and to all the women of Russia and the US . and thank that you here in ATS

I guess I feel more comfortable discussing it with the familiar female members here. I have been here years, many of these women have come to feel familiar to me, in their way of expressing themselves, and a certain amount of trust in them has grown. It sounds silly, but in my head, I almost feel that some of them are friends.

Go to a site you've never been to before, you get a lot of trolls, and have to go through the whole "testing" phase, of people challenging you to find out if you are a troll yourself, and it wastes time and is frustrating.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

Have you tried cutting out wheat from your diet? I know it's hard (because everything has wheat in it!) but I've heard it solves a lot of problems like inflammation.

I actually don't eat much wheat products, just because I prefer proteins and veggies, and don't really like sugar or carbs. (I think they give me gas!) But I haven't been super strict about it.
I have been drinking lemon and curcuma first thing in the morning, since I have had the inflammation problems, Cut down on coffee to one small cup in the morning, eat lots of steamed veggies and fish. I had been making a big pot of green tea each day to drink iced, but the last two days I stopped that to see if the caffeine in it could be an aggravating culprit.
I had given in to a glass of wine about once or twice a week if we go to a restaurant, which I will cut out completely now.

But something else I thought of last night, after I answered the poster who asked if there wasn't something I had left out.... I am in so much denial, I didn't even think of it at the time....I am smoking! I started smoking cigarettes about nine months ago, (after years of being a non-smoker). If toxins cause these to get worse.....well. Can't get more toxic than that.
I think I have been subconsciously refusing to look myself in the eye on that....

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Even eating a tiny bit of wheat can send your blood sugar soaring higher than sugar so I'd cut it out from your diet completely.(To those with diabetes, beware!) Cutting out wheat and gluten does wonders for inflammation and all sorts of other health problems. I'm going to try and cut it out to see what happens. I don't think I have a gluten problem but I'd like to try it, anyway. I'm like you; I eat lots of veggies with some protein and have really cut down on processed foods. (I do love my Kettle brand sea salt and vinegar chips, however. At least they're GMO free and better than other chips)

I've been trying to help a friend manage her Hashimoto's disease and found gluten to be a major problem. I looked in my pantry and was shocked to see wheat flour and other wheat ingredients in products I never even considered. It's crazy.

But, yeah...smoking can be your problem. I'd definitely stop!

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Its not anti inflammatory medicines u need it's a balanced healthy diet.
I once suffered the same.
The doctor prescribed me the same and also diclofenic .....8 months couldn't lift a cup.... I went to a herbal in, Chinese, acupuncture and a balm and hasnt been back since.

He knew.
I smoked too much, my diet was all over the place, didn't drink enough water......

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Have you heard of melatonin?
;-)

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
S&F Bluesma, I can so relate to you.

When I was going through perimenopause I was also dealing with thyroid issues. I could be sitting absolutely still and the sweat would just pour down my face. It got to the point that I gave up wearing make up at work for a year, kept a wet face cloth on my desk and was constantly wiping my face and neck.

The brain fog was terrible, I would forget what words meant and get doing six things at the same time (never finishing anything). My performance at work suffered and it frustrated me terribly. I would also cry over nothing, you tell me your dog had fleas and I would spend 20 mins hiding in the ladies room crying.

Nights sweats left me thinking that I'd peed the bed some times. And poor Iwinder didn't know what to do with me. I'd toss the covers off and he'd cover me back up. Please keep a sense of humour about all of it we started to call them my "personal summers" which in a Canadian winter can be a bonus....NOT!

I just think its great that we can and will talk about it and share ideas, my mother suffered in silence for years because you just didn't discuss that sort of thing back then.

Eat good food, lose the caffeine and alcohol, drink plenty of water and get exercise. I am now 6 years post menopausal and still get the odd hot flash. Never did the hormone replacement therapy, didn't even consider it an option, although I had friends who swore by it. Go natural if at all possible.

There is a yoga breathing technique that may provide relief from hot flashes. Give it a try and let me know it it helps.

Cooling Breath
its the top link on page

hubpages.com...-Pranayama

Namaste,
YogaGinns
edit on 17-6-2015 by YogaGinns because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join