It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lady problems - looking for advice

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Avoid topic if you are a man

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

soy did wonders for me, no hot flashes at all

www.webmd.com...

I drank soy milk, that's all

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I'll watch for alcohol consumption correlation - it's been 4 days since I drank some wine last, and I haven't noticed a change since. But there might be other factors.

I haven't had more moodiness than usual, I don't think. I've been under the impression my moods have become more stable since it really got under way (not having any periods at all). A couple of years before, I not only had terrible mood swings, being hypersensitive, I had a really bad memory problem. I went to a doctor because it was so bad, and she never thought of the possibility of perimenopause.

Once menopause set in, my mind became clear, moods stablized.... that is why I don't want to turn to hormones if I can avoid it. I'm afraid I'll lose all the positive effects of this! The doctor I have now said he thought I was estrogen sensitive - my body doesn't react well to estrogen, so that is why I feel better now. Except for these flashes.

It's good to hear that some you got past this, I was starting to be afraid it will never end.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Answer
I came into this thread expecting to give dating advice but then...

That's what I thought, LOL!!! Which is why I finally clicked on the thread to see what guys and gals were saying. I have no boyfriend and stink at dating so I had no advice to give.

OP: You might want to cut down on alcohol. (if you drink it) Many friends of mine get hot flashes when they drink.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

I see you posted about alcohol, too. That's what my friends say. I haven't hit it yet but I am NOT looking forward to it.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

Well it certainly can affect some women seriously, but one of my friend's actually sailed through it ease. Also, don't think that your womanhood and sexuality will end, it does not have to - only child bearing will end and that is not the be all and end all of being a woman.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Temudjin
Avoid topic if you are a man

I see a few guys have this reaction .... I understand it doesn't apply to you, but, is this really upsetting to read somehow? Is it gross, the idea of suddenly feeling very hot and sweating?

We aren't talking about genitalia or anything.....? So what is repulsive?

Some of the comments seemed like they were really grossed out , which is confusing.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Be careful using the soy if you take synthetic thyroid. Soy can stop absorption of the thyroid medication. Found
out the hard way.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TXTriker

Also, I think care should be taken that the soy is non-GMO and organic if possible.
Well, actually, I'd run from any soy if I wasn't sure

Teaser paragraph to an interesting article.....
www.motherjones.com...

Soybeans are the second-largest US crop after corn, covering about a quarter of American farmland. We grow more soybeans than any other country except Brazil. According to the US Department of Agriculture, more than 90 percent of the soybeans churned out on US farms each year are genetically engineered to withstand herbicides, nearly all of them involving one called Roundup. Organic production, by contrast, is marginal—it accounts for less than 1 percent of total American acreage devoted to soy. (The remaining 9 percent or so of soybeans are conventionally grown, but not genetically modified.)

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

Its like if you have a empty space in your head and want it to be empty

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
My mom swore by vitamin E supplements, and she is not 'natural remedy' type of person...

Not sure how much she was taking, and she doesn't remember, but I do know that too much vitamin E can be a bad thing, so I would suggest researching what the safe upper limits are.

Also, I would suggest going without caffeine for a bit just as to test whether it's a cause - but if you do, make sure you wean off, because you can get wicked headaches from stopping caffeine cold turkey..

good luck!

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight
I also read where Japanese women who eat a lot of tofu (containing estrogens from soy milk) didn't experience hot flashes as much, but to me, this is another form of hormonal replacement by way of food intake.

Yeah sorta my take on it. And I've seen people go really overboard on soy, like it's a panacea. I'd think to an extent just getting something from a doctor would be healthier than soy. Using a food to self medicate hormone issues...I don't know, something about it seems sorta weird. Hormones being pretty important and leaving it to food.

One thing if it's not really affecting your life, like if a person were in say a low/normal range for a certain hormone wanting to increase it, versus actually being low and experiencing bad effects. Saying that in general for hormones, not menopause specifically.

edit on 14-6-2015 by ghaleon12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I veer away from soy products, because in the past, I had really bad reactions to it. It upset my stomach and made my face break out. Perhaps it might effect me differently now, I might try a little...

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: Bluesma
I've been on anti-inflammatories for a few months, and I kind of wonder if that plays into it.

If you're taking these for arthritis or general inflammation, stop eating grains and other carbs. Go down to 20-30 carbs a day (from veggies - no fruit). Eat a little protein - just what you need (protein calculator). And then fill in with healthy fats like coconut oil, REAL olive oil, avocado, eggs and grass fed butter. My pain DISAPPEARED when I did that.

I've heard of this happening. Are you on the Wheat Belly diet? (Or should I say "lifestyle"?)

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

You are not alone on that one, I had to change my entire views of food and diet, because my doctor's approach was anti depressives and anti anxiety pills.

I told her thanks no thanks, lots of meditation and guided imagine along with mind exercises that I still do, thankfully the Foggy feeling went away.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

My doctor gave me my options and let me decide. I always decide on what is most natural, so no hormonal supplements or mood/brain altering drugs for me.

We women sure have a hard time of it, I must say.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Eh, I'm a guy but I take fish oil and evening primrose oil. It seems to help me out hormonally, but I'm a completely different creature, so no clue. Guess that's all I can contribute.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
Eh, I'm a guy but I take fish oil and evening primrose oil. It seems to help me out hormonally, but I'm a completely different creature, so no clue. Guess that's all I can contribute.

I, for one, appreciate your contribution, because my son also suffers from hormonal imbalance and I'll pass along that information. Thank you.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Tell him to get some sun and chomp on some carrots as well. Anytime I start to burn out from pushing too hard a few days of sun will keep me going and make any built up agitations dissipate.
edit on 14-6-2015 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

Yes, he seems to always be agitated.

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join