It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for ideas for my business

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Hey all.

Having some success advertising my personal training business with thumbtack, handing out cards and talking people face to face, referal, and with Facebook groups and Craigslist.

I can't afford to get a logo done or build a website. I'm just covering my bills.

I've been approaching other gyms in the area looking for a location that's interested in my services and experience but the competition is very strong in this area. The thing is though if you can establish yourself here yor set.

So basically I'm looking for ideas seeing what kind of acknowledge I can acquire from members here who run their own service based business.

Oh I teach boxing, Muay Thai, self defense and conditioning for those sports.

Thanks.
edit on 6/12/2015 by onequestion because: (no rea

I'm on a cellphone
edit on 6/12/2015 by onequestion because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Do you live urban or rural?

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Find an area that's not market saturated already?

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I'm in Santa barbar suburbia

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Create a free facebook page and immerse yourself in the social media side, get people who have stupid amounts of 'friends' to share your page. It really does make a difference. The more popular (locally) people who 'share' you then the more folk (locally) who will potentially be interested.

...and get a website sorted in Google's first page results if you can. I make my own and buy my own server space blah so my costs are minimal, but I have to turn down work regularly because I can't fit it in.

*Edit*
Personally the facebook thing makes me feel like I need to have a wash sometimes by pretending to like some of the vacuous self-centered folk I interact with, but it's no difference to chasing leads face to face. I don't have to like someone to take their money for a service I provide. It is only important that they think I like them sometimes.

edit on 12.6.2015 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Greetings- Here is a link for a FREE website..www.wix.com...

If You're down in South Flori-Duh don't be afraid to get involved with the tourist trade, this will lead to gigs in hotels..

Best of Luck

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
train harder get bigger and make them your bitch

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

A person I know, with investors, recently put up a webpage business out of Austin which is directly aimed at folks like you, personal trainers that are not attached. I can't remember the name except that it is a catchy name with "sport..." as part of it. You can join and be a member with a subscription fee, or get references from their site for a one-time commission.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
The entertainment industry is huge in Florida. Contact the State film commission and see what kind of vendors are needed.

And this is where I get most of my gigs....

staffmeup.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

If you have access to a local park, perhaps you can have a small group have a short training session there. Usually there are many people looking for an alternative to expensive gym sessions, and yours would be the perfect venue for them. Just be open to a different way of presenting your business. You never know what may work. I wish you the best and hope you expand your business quickly.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Chansi3

I have a location at a church where in currently working with clients so I have that covered for the tkme being.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Challenge Chuck Norris to a fight and win .

edit on 12-6-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Are you capable of competitive fighting? I mean well. If so enter tournaments and get your name out there.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Already did that done with that lol.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
You can get someone to do your logo on eBay for around $25-50 or try doing your own. There are lots of inexpensive business resources all over the net and talented people that will help you without charging you an arm and a leg.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Word of mouth is the best advertisement money can't buy. It's what built my business, and still is. All I can tell you is treat your clientele with respect, and keep doing what you're doing. You'll get there. Also, don't be afraid to leave business cards everywhere you go. Literally. In your business, a magnetic sign on your vehicle may, or may not be tacky. In my business, those signs are always on my vehicle.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

If you live in a college town get a hot dog cart and a permit and sell hotdogs at bar closing outside the bars...

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: Chansi3

I have a location at a church where in currently working with clients so I have that covered for the tkme being.

I work with small businesses and have seen many approaches to 'growing' businesses. I've been doing it for 25 years. Most of the successful small businesses I've worked with (and gotten paid regularly by) operate on old fashioned word of mouth advertising (as do I). It does take time and consistency - but I've yet to see it fail when backed with good and reliable service.

The businesses that go in for all the marketing, and social networking, don't have the long term clientele that is necessary for solid return business - the owners seem to be jumping from one 'inquiry' to another without taking care of their customers needs.

It takes a lot of capital (and time) to mount a cost-effective online campaign and most businesses don't have either the funds or the expertise to do so.

Personally I think it's a money pit and not worth your time.

As in all things, your mileage may vary.

Be patient, be dependable, be consistent and you'll be raising your rate and turning away clients before you know it. Show up and work - don't worry and plot.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

It's summer. Do a summer "school" for kids.

If you have the help to help out. Because you would need to keep them at least three hours and throw in a snack and/or a craft . I've been scrambling to find something new to drop jr off at every two weeks. Ppl are making a killing.

It's costing me anywhere from 50 bucks to 400 for two weeks from 3 to 5 hour "camp"s.
They are ALL sold out.

Maybe go in cahoots with an already established "camp"

edit on 12-6-2015 by Legman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Go to where your competition isn't and scoop up the cash they're not getting.
Online forums for new mothers that want to lose weight, local schools, scout clubs, women's shelters, military recruiters offices etc.

The summer school idea Legman said was awesome. It's so hard to find stuff for kids to do over the summer.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join