It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Nuclear Reactor.... In Essex

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

Chinese labour constructing a Chinese reactor with Chinese components in Essex.

The problem I see is David Cameron's old family business, opium dealing, coming back to haunt us. Cameron's first job was with the company notorious for calling in the gunships to enforce Chinese consumption of opium. What better way to get back at us, build a nuclear reactor and leave a few bolts loose. Then throw your hands up in surprise when it all melts down.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Yup it's probably built to the same standards as the fukushima reactor. The UK doesn't get hit by tsunamis, does it?

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Round the corner from me .. Joys

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

'handed' to China

Might as well give them the keys too.
Great Britain , once upon a time.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: peskyhumans

Yes. In 1607 a tsunami, (some argue storm surge), hit the Severn estuary and flooded the surrounding land fifty feet deep. There are plans to build a new nuclear power station beside the Oldbury Magnox plant exactly where it flooded.
edit on 11 6 2015 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kester
www.bbc.co.uk...

]

How about constructing it with British or German made components? Or is the problem just because actual Chinese workers are coming over here to build it? Almost everything we see today is privately owned and funded.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

Can I doss on your sofa while I sabotage the machinery?

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

No need. We've all got euro locks.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Boeing777

I think the real problem is nuclear power stations fail and even when they don't the waste is forever. No one has yet worked out a way to store it safely.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester
Sure why not .. Although if you are planning on messing around with a mule plant I want to be well far away

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kester

That's not entirely true, is it? That is simply the fear of what might happen by the GMB, which to be honest is just rumour and speculation at this time as no deal has been done on anything, yet.

Nothing is currently being built there - in fact, what is there is being decommissioned.

That said, if what they fear does come to pass, I'm on your side with the view that having a nuclear station in the UK being built by the Chinese, with Chinese components, is madness.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Wow that should give the people of Essex a warm and fuzzy feeling. The world knows all to well that fine quality engineering that comes from mainland China. So you think this a contract awarded to China because of previous Opium trading? Could be, because I cannot imagine why any could would let China build a nuclear reactor on their soil. Defies logic in my option.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: stumason

Thank you Stu. The voice of reason.

Magnox decommissioning has taken a sudden turn. They were packing waste into German cast iron boxes and stacking it in purpose built warehouses. Then suddenly they dropped the cast iron boxes and went over to concrete encapsulation. £200 million cheaper.

Question five here is worth a read. www.magnoxsites.co.uk...

The explanation sounds weak to me. We need to keep an eye on the decommissioning gravy train.
edit on 11 6 2015 by Kester because: spelling

edit on 11 6 2015 by Kester because: remove word

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: mapsurfer_

I think China hasn't forgotten what Crackhead Cameron's family and their criminal associates did to them through the opium trade. I wouldn't personally give China the opportunity to settle old scores by building a reactor designed to fail.

Actually some excellent engineering now comes from China. The quality doesn't worry me, it's just the nuclear aspect.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

They are going to be building an underground repository up here in Cumbria, apparently it will be the size of Carlisle. All the UK waste from various decommissioning is going to be stored in it, despite local protest.

Although the official go-ahead hasn't been given due to the people saying no, the government are trying to pass a law preventing the people arguing about it.

All that waste in a geologically unsound area, full of mineshafts that collapse regularly, prone to earthquakes, containing a large percentage of the UK drinking water....and they are going to be fracking as well......sounds great doesn't it.
edit on 11/6/15 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: woogleuk

Is that Moorside?

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

No, Moorside is going to be power generation, 3 new reactors, near the existing Sellafield site.

ETA:

Here is a BBC write up on the Governments decision not to allow Cumbria County Council a say in whether we get it (the underground repo) or not.....just because they said no the first time, democracy at its finest....

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 11/6/15 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Sounds like the plot to the movie "The Watchmen". Life imitates art?

/popcorn

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: woogleuk

Nasty. I'm convinced that massive coc aine abuse among officials and others has led to the totally insane logic demonstrated in that BBC article.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: trifecta

Yes, thanks for that reference. Since ATS own everything we write here maybe they'll sell the script outlined in this thread www.abovetopsecret.com... to the highest bidder.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join