It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An "Un-Bearable" Situation...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Guilty as charged!

Grammar has not always been my strongest suit....or punctuation. That's what administrative assistants are for anyway...

Btw...

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

Well, luckily crimes against grammar don't get you hard time. I might give you a bit of a hard time, however. All in fun!

PS. Erm...thanks for the bear poster.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

English was my second language growing up. I still get confuddled sometimes thank you for this thread as this was one of my repeat offenses!

Don't ask me to spell phenomenon or even say it.
edit on 10-6-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

David Mitchell... *scratches head* Is that you???

Look, I'll have to tip my hat to you on you bare knowledge of proper bearabilities. What gets my goat in a nanny, is when people use the phrase "I could care less". Grrrrr..... It's couldn't!

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

S&F, and I'd applaud if I could! There are so many others we could add to this list, that are misused all of the time. Iy drives me crazy (-er), too!

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Qumulys

lol!

(Or maybe they actually COULD care less? They know that deep down inside there is less caring for a situation available to them if they need to call upon it?? Just joking - I totally know what you mean...)

Edit to add: I just watched the video after I posted the above ^^^ which made it all redundant...and I was feeling so very, smugly clever! (sigh) Well, you know, I just couldn't care less about it really...I mean...sincerely and all that...just...not at all miffed... Really.

edit on 10-6-2015 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   

If ever there was a time when something really should have been spelled out, it was that time I was invited to a barn razing. *shudder*

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   
One of the best written rants I must say....an enjoyable read too!!

Nicely done

If it's hard enough for regular folks to keep it all straight, one would imagine foreigners have a tricky time deciphering our language usage:

their/there/they're
hear/here/hare
bare/bear/beer
to/too/two
for/four/fore

*just had to throw in hare & beer*

S&F

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

Hey snarky!

Thanks for the S&F. I appreciate that there are a lot of people here who are FAR better at English as a second (or third?) language than I will ever be at a second language. In fact, I could not post in another language like you do here!! It's very impressive.

(I was worried for a moment there with the "hare," but I'll take the beer - no need to explain that!)

- AB

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join