It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You know what they always say: One man's Messiah is another's Dajjal.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

The Quran mentions several times that God has not begotten a son and that there's nothing remotely similar to him. God is one, all-knowing, all-powerful and all-merciful This means that Isa/Jesus cannot be the son of God.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Thank You.

It is quite obvious isn't it?

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Boeing777

It seems that some scholars teach that Madhi will kill the Dajjal, while others teach that Isa will. Where does the different interpretation come from?

The Dajjal will then come out and would later be met by Imam Mahdi and his army (after some prior conquests) in battle, as understood from the narration of Muslim.
From here.

It also says that Isa will pray behind Mahdi as if Isa were there to support the Mahdi.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

If that's what they preach, then they shouldn't have become scholars.

When Isa/Jesus descends, the Mahdi will be at a Mosque in Damascus surrounded by the army of the anti-christ/Dajjal.
They will meet at that mosque for the first time and the Mahdi out of respect will ask the Messiah to lead the morning prayer but he'll turn the offer down. This indicates that the Messiah will not bring a new religion with him but rather continue with God's last message, the Quran. He'll pray like the way Muslims pray. The way taught by the last messenger of God, Muhammad(PBUH).

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Seeing we have many references within the Bible itself , there is only one place it could be and that is eschatological city of Jerusalem

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

According to wikipedia, and a general google search, its not limited to that scholar. Some believe that the Dajjal will die at Mahdi's had with the help of Isa and the Mahdi's army and some believe Isa will do the deed. Why is the division so prominent? And why do some believe the Mahdi will rule for 7, 9, or 19 years. Where do the conflicting numbers come from and which dp ypu believe tp be true?

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Based on your understanding of anointment, would you say that the Mahdi is anointed for the unification of Islam. As I mentioned before, there are Muslims who seem to attribute Messianic qualities to the Mahdi.

Therefore, was Isa anointed as Allah's prophet? The Mahdi's helper? The Dajjals slayer? Im not seeing a defined purpose for Isa's anointment.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I've never met or heard of a Muslim believing that the Mahdi will kill the anti-christ/Dajjal so I don't think there's any division about it. For the Mahdi's rule on earth. He'll only be a leader before the Messiah descends back to this planet. How long will the Mahdi be a leader? There isn't an exact number of days or years. The most widely accepted one is 7 years. Some believe it's 9. Again, it is only hadiths that claim these numbers. One hadith says 7, the other says 9.
Hadiths are passed on sayings so nobody knows for sure exactly how long.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Given the conent of the thread I linked, I dont see how Mystery Babylon could be any city other than Nineveh. That's why I believe ISIS is so interested in Mosul.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
They are both mythological, but I do see the water and oil you're talking about. Whichever one chooses to believe nullifies the other. One question though. It seems to me, Revelations says that death and hell will be cast into the lake of fire. So how can the lake of fire be a new chamber in hell?

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

THANK YOU. Im glad that the secular mind sees the difference too.

I use Hell in a very broad sense. When it says Death and Hell being cast into the Lake of Fire, its really Tartarus and the Abyss. Tartarus is for human unbelievers and the Abyss is for the Fallen angels who created the Nephilim and unbelieving nephilim.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boeing777

I've never met or heard of a Muslim believing that the Mahdi will kill the anti-christ/Dajjal so I don't think there's any division about it. For the Mahdi's rule on earth. He'll only be a leader before the Messiah descends back to this planet. How long will the Mahdi be a leader? There isn't an exact number of days or years. The most widely accepted one is 7 years. Some believe it's 9. Again, it is only hadiths that claim these numbers. One hadith says 7, the other says 9.
Hadiths are passed on sayings so nobody knows for sure exactly how long.

Wait, I had never heard this before... really, it is understood that the Mahdi will rule for 7 years? The same as the anti-Christ of Revelation?

Maybe Shoebat is right and the revived Roman Empire is the "Eastern Empire" of Byzantium.

edit on 9-6-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
but...maybe...just maybe...your god is the false god. their reasons for being muslim are just as good as your reasons for being christian. dont pretend to be better just because its illegal to kill heathens in america.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Is your contempt for theism so great that you can't see the point of the thread? While you atheists try to lump Christianity, Islam, and Rabbinical Judaism together I'm showing you that they are very different and really can't find common ground without having to alter the texts.

Im not here to tell you which god to worship. I'm here to tell you not to blur the lines of prophecy.
edit on 9-6-2015 by BELIEVERpriest because: typo

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

Is your contempt for theism so great that you can't see the point of the thread? While you atheists try to lump Christianity, Islam, and Rabbinical Judaism together I'm showing you that they are very different and really can't find common ground without having to alter the texts.

Im not here to tell you which god to worship. I'm here to tell you not to blur the lines of prophecy.

"you atheists"? lets avoid the labels shall we. judaism christianity and islam all come from the exact same roots. each has a god, a messiah, a deciever, and a place of eternal bliss and a place of eternal torment. details differ according to flavor but thats no different from the 40,000 denominations. so the same can be said for each church in america or across the world. i guess what im getting at here is...inconsistency is hardly reason to discredit muslims. or you may as well keep going and decry virtually every religious establishment in the world. good luck defending the one you decide to keep.
edit on 9-6-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Let me clarify for you.

The Jews missed their Messiah because they wanted to hold on to their dead works instead of having their sins atoned for.

The Gentiles were given the knowledge of salvation by grace. Whoever believes in Christ is saved.

Islam was ripped off from the OT & NT years later so that Mohammed could have his 15 minutes of fame.

Now, I could sit here and point out the inconsistencies that exist within the Islamic religion, but that would be too easy. Instead what I did do was give you a real reason why the three should not be lumped together...but clearly that doesn't mean anything to you, so why are you here?

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

Let me clarify for you.

The Jews missed their Messiah because they wanted to hold on to their dead works instead of having their sins atoned for.

The Gentiles were given the knowledge of salvation by grace. Whoever believes in Christ is saved.

Islam was ripped off from the OT & NT years later so that Mohammed could have his 15 minutes of fame.

Now, I could sit here and point out the inconsistencies that exist within the Islamic religion, but that would be too easy. Instead what I did do was give you a real reason why the three should not be lumped together...but clearly that doesn't mean anything to you, so why are you here?

you posted a critique of the muslim faith in a public forum available for any member to observe and interact in. are you surprised that someone is now challenging your critique? maybe you are correct and simply have a blind eye turned to double standards. muslims wouldnt be the first plagiarizers.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

Seeing we have many references within the Bible itself , there is only one place it could be and that is eschatological city of Jerusalem

Yes, because it says "where our Lord was crucified", there is only one place that happened, at Jerusalem.

BTW, there is indeed a temple there, we just call it a mosque. THAT is where the anti-Christ is sitting in now, because John says that the anti-Christ spirit was already in the world, and who does he call an anti-Christ? One who denies that Jesus IS come in the flesh and one that denies that Jesus is the Son of God.

Remember what Revelations says, the souls of those under the throne were those who were beheaded for their testimony in Christ. Not that they were beheaders, that they were beheaded. And since there is so much beheadings, only one group of people fully qualify on all those points:

1: A temple of the anti-Christ already sits in Jerusalem.
2: Islam denies the deity of Christ, God coming in the flesh.
3: Islam beheads Christians, making them martyrs for the cause of Christ, for their testimony in Christ.

We don't need to be waiting for a new temple to be built, one is already there. Christians are beheaded.

According to the Bible, the abomination that makes desolation is already there, in Jerusalem, because the Bible forecasts Jerusalem by calling it Sodom.

"Behold the tabernacle of God is with men" when talking about Jesus, so there is no more need of a Jewish temple because the last sacrifice has been made. Emmanuel, God with us...if anyone wants to know where that is fulfilled, it is in Revelation.

Allah neither dwells with mankind nor dwells within man. So therefore, that mosque is the abomination that makes desolation because it takes away from the worship of the sacrificial lamb for all time, but it doesn't matter, that tabernacle is now with man. Dajjal is the whole anti-Christ system and is the Son of Perdition that has been revealed. The Quran means "revealed", it is all based on revelation.

The Bible also says the Gentiles will trample it underfoot, we saw that in the Islamic invasion of Jerusalem. But the time of the Gentiles are almost fulfilled.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

I pretty much agree - the parallels are so uncanny that there almost certainly has to be something to them.

Here is where I first read about it, maybe it will help you get a better picture? (It isn't too too long a read.)

Edit: A bit off topic but in thinking about this I noticed that over and over again it is a story of brothers fighting for the affection of their father. And if I recall correctly, isn't there even like a Christian sect that thinks Jesus and Satan are spirit brothers? Mormons perhaps?
edit on 6/9/2015 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boeing777
a reply to: Isurrender73

The Quran mentions several times that God has not begotten a son and that there's nothing remotely similar to him. God is one, all-knowing, all-powerful and all-merciful This means that Isa/Jesus cannot be the son of God.

Jesus is the son of God, the Messiah.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join