It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The day Mohammed died .

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
a reply to: Kapusta

link me to an acceptable site for you, Its hard to keep up with everyones sensibilities. The story i quoted is the same or are you saying the Jerusalem entry and dome of the rock ascension didn't happen?
It is ONE of the narratives i listed to validate him in the prophet line of Judaism. You correctly say it started with Gabriel, that is another older jewish narrative, but I was listing a interesting one to me, not ALL of them.
ETA correcting me on when the fighting started doesn't really sell Islam well,

Yes sure , quran.com... Start with Sura Al Fatihah .

I have no Intentions of "selling" you on Islam , I was replying to your Misconception about the "fighting" .

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

The day Mohammed died.

Wasn't that a song by Don McLean?

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

edit, nm back to how he died.
edit on 10-6-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

a reply to: enlightenedservant

non offense taken.

If I couldn't explain it from a historical perspective as I tried, then my failure.

Christianity and Islam are interjected with pieces of the older jewish religion that validate the messiah or prophet narrative, it is how it was done back all those thousands of years ago.

I just want you to understand that it's not a necessity for a prophet to have that narrative to be accepted as a prophet. That would be like saying Christians only accept someone as being a prophet if they could walk on water.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

I understand what you are saying, but I don't think you are understanding what I am saying, so never mind.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

I don't mind discussing this so feel free to explain what you mean. But I can only respond to what you type. So if your post changes, it's hard to know what you're referring to.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
When Muhammad had that experience, it was actually trying for some of the believers as it sounded so fantastic. These days it also may be too much for some to believe, and some say it happened astrally, others physically, others saying it happened within a millisecond.. More so than with Christianity, there have been rationalist Muslims in the last century (and even in the early period) who try to strip all the miracle stories away from Muhammad (as most of them are a later addition,) and see the night voyage as happening in the spiritual realm. Kind of a almost Thomas Jefferson approach to Islam. Another words, for some these stories are validation, for others, even the early community, they were obstacles to faith in a (relative to others) more rational religion. Unlike some other faiths, Islam generally does not gain converts from people converting in the hope they get healed, a better job, money, or winning a football game. Often people convert because they feel it makes sense, that its theology is more reflective of the nature of reality, hence fantastic miracles and supernatural events, while sometime acknowledged, do not play deeply into why people are attracted to it. Some faiths pray to avert a fate, a Muslim is expected to face their fate with no fear if the ultimate reality rules it. Not that healing, and prayers for a better life and future don't feature into Islam just as in all religions, but its stark rational acceptance is closer to Theravada Buddhism than looking for the fantastic and the miraculous. Within limits, at least, as there are enough interpretations that this is all very debatable depending on who you speak with.
edit on 10-6-2015 by AudioOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

I understand what you are saying, but I don't think you are understanding what I am saying, so never mind.

I don't think you understand what you are saying , respectfully ...

Essentially you are saying that Christianity is a perversion of Judaism and Islam Is a perversion of both .

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

No that is not what I am saying. Bye bye.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

I haven't changed my posts. One type was fixed.

I might do a thread on what I am talking about.

Something like : "How did the ancient religions validate their prophet or messiah?"

Maybe we can continue the discussion there

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Ah ok. Sounds like a good idea.

I didn't know if the edited post was the same because a lot of the other posts in the thread got edited out. That's my misunderstanding.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

The day Mohammed died.

Wasn't that a song by Don McLean?

I read the title to the tune of "The Night Chicago Died"...

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I assure you he did not float up into the clouds.
a reply to: Greathouse

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: RustyNailer
The title should read: The day the Devil died...there is nothing peaceful and praiseworthy about this man, evidence by his followers today.

The same could be said about the followers of Jesus and Moses as well.

Very True.

All three of Abraham's religions have been evil. Abraham is the root.

It's 2015, Let's move on from outdated religions.

What you do not pay attention is that, it is far over 2015 years that humanity has moved on from what you call outdated religions !
Humanity can not manage the world. Humanism could never bring Justice.
What is outdated !?
Humanism or religion of God.
History of humanity is full of humanism, full of arrogance, many many prophets have been killed, ignored or betrayed.
For how long this story can continue.
Never ever humanity has let the religion of God overshadow the world.
Has not humanity reach to this point that he is a lot ignorant to manage the world. As time passes, man-made ideologies, and altered forms of ideology of God, shows more and more frustration.
Corruption is exposed everywhere as a subsequent of management of man on earth.
Humanism is outdated.
Humanity prospers, when he finds the answer of only and only one simple question: Why are we breathing !? For what ?

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Why?
We all know all aboiut Jesus's death I'm curious why there is no history of his?

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: maes2

I can tell you the real answer to that question but you aren't going to like it.

Why do we exist?

The answer was "Why Not"

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: maes2

Humanity prospers, when he finds the answer of only and only one simple question: Why are we breathing !? For what ?

Because we chose to be humans, before we are humans we are beautiful souls full of life and infinitive knowledge, we are not restricted by a fleshy body, neither limited by a primitive brain.

We chose to be humans to experience humanity, many think that earth is actually hell, as we are full of conflicting emotions like love, hate, sadness, glee, ect. and we can commit atrocities against our fellow human beings.

But when we are finish with our earthy years that compare to the universe and our infinitive soul means nothing, is not so bad after all, we go back to our source of light.

Hard to comprehend in our earth bodies.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043
no, poison doesn't take 3 years, Those three years were very activce.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse
Most accounts say he was about 63 years old. There was over a dozen assassination attempts on his life but most accounts say he died of old age. You will hear that he was poisoned but many versions of that story say he didn't even eat the food but knew that it was poisoned. One version says that he let the perpetrator go , and some other versions say she was executed because someone eating at the table actually was killed from the poisoned food.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: maes2

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: RustyNailer
The title should read: The day the Devil died...there is nothing peaceful and praiseworthy about this man, evidence by his followers today.

The same could be said about the followers of Jesus and Moses as well.

Very True.

All three of Abraham's religions have been evil. Abraham is the root.

It's 2015, Let's move on from outdated religions.

What you do not pay attention is that, it is far over 2015 years that humanity has moved on from what you call outdated religions !
Humanity can not manage the world. Humanism could never bring Justice.
What is outdated !?
Humanism or religion of God.
History of humanity is full of humanism, full of arrogance, many many prophets have been killed, ignored or betrayed.
For how long this story can continue.
Never ever humanity has let the religion of God overshadow the world.
Has not humanity reach to this point that he is a lot ignorant to manage the world. As time passes, man-made ideologies, and altered forms of ideology of God, shows more and more frustration.
Corruption is exposed everywhere as a subsequent of management of man on earth.
Humanism is outdated.

Oh I believe in God...but the bible is flawed, Judaism is flawed, Islam is flawed. It's time to evolve.

We can't be so shortsighted and vain as to think that God stopped talking to us thousands of years ago and to think that he only spoke to a chosen few in the middle east. That cannot be true.
edit on 12-6-2015 by amazing because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join