It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unofficially, US Chopper Down at Texas Border

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

The helicopter was in U.S. airspace and participating in the interdiction of a narcotics load coming from Mexico into the United States.

A federal agent who spoke with Breitbart Texas on the condition of anonymity said, ...

“U.S. Border Patrol agents were attempting to intercept a drug load. A law enforcement chopper was assisting Border Patrol agents. The chopper received gunfire from the Mexican side of the border.

The chopper had to do an emergency landing due to the gunfire.”

US Customs and Border Protection Chopper
Down at Texas Border ... Fired on from Mexico

-
PREVIOUSLY:

5/1/2015 - (last month)
Cartel Gunmen Shot Down a Mexican Military Helicopter

-
OPINION:

Southern Border ... Heating Up.

( or border violence ... escalating )

edit on 6-6-2015 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
No surprise there. We gave them guns.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: FarleyWayne

Knowing the current administration, they will condemn the chopper pilot and provide voting rights, social security, drivers licenses, welfare and education to the shooters from Mexico.
Maybe Jade Helm will acquisition Mexico down South to the Panama Canal.
SnF

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

I would laugh if that wasn't so close to the truth.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Breaking : Police Chopper (CIA) Aiding Cartel Members In Trafficking Narcotics Across US Boarders Using US Air Space.

Rival Cartel Shoots Down Aiding Chopper .

Kapusta Daily .
edit on 5-6-2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Hmmm...seems a bit flimsy at the moment to me. What would happen if U.S. troops and border patrol persons entered Mexicos border and started a war with the cartel? A reason this hasn't happend could be either the U.S. is tied to the cartel or the Mexican military/governent is strong enough to envoke fear (if they took the cartel's side or are the same side). I mean, we send troops and trillions of supplies overseas to "protect us from terror (*cough* secure oil/land/partnerships/corporate ties etc)," so why wouldn't the U.S. send troops to Mexico to stop the infiltration at the source, rather than barricading the flood out (always patching leaks when the rain never subsides)?

To me it is blatantly clear that many things are amiss in this border control situation. It's not a serious matter since big business wouldn't profit much. Cartel mafiosos are just as dangerous as radical Islams and yet we won't cross our own Southern Border to maintain control but we will cross many Mid Eastern borders to fight similar enemies with similar strengths when they are on the opposite side of the world posing much less of a threat. Why wouldn't a Mexican Gov't allow for cartels to be taken out if they weren't associated with them (obviously are)?

Seems to me (and probably a majority of U.S. citizens) that the illegal immigration, sex trafficking, cartels, and violence entering the U.S. not to mention undocumented untaxpaying people in work force that send much back to Mexico and literally do take many jobs, not just ones we don't want to do, but literally anything dealing with labor that employers can get by paying under the table to (so its a bilateral problem there). So if illegal immigration is causing more daily problems for an exponentially large number of U.S. people in comparison to Mid East Terror, why is the border only a talking matter and not an acting matter?

If the politicians cared about the actual citizens and the country's health. the border and all malevolent things associated with it would be of first priority. Unless (G.Bush snicker) TPTB and future plan for America benefits by allowing these illegals in, allowing America to be infiltrated by undocumented threats that pose immediate risk to Americans rather than Mid East terrorists that cause zero risk (unless our troops go to them or we arm them). It's obvious to me that the open yet policed border was the plan all along. Not just by the Dem's but Rep's too. It allows for more policing by restricting everyone's rights to police the undocumented, brings more violence/drugs/crime to America causing citizens to ask Gov't for protection on our streets rather than preventing it from getting to streets, allows big businesses in our throw away culture to profit off them as consumers, causes low wage and physically demanding jobs to be given to immigrants leaving masses of unemployed relying of government (thus controlled and babied) by government, and can constantly use the media to use race and fear tactics to pit group against group since many groups have many numbers, a minority is a no longer minor.

The war on terror is a war that cannot be won especially if illegal immigrants smuggling sex slaves/drugs/unmarked weapons/ and crimminals into our nation are not considered terrorists. Likley as they are mostly Christian illegals, yet they 100% are more of a danger (even if 1 in 10,000 is dangerous) that is thousands on the streets likley operating through cartels in Mexico, or ecen other terror Org's overseas depending on who's payin.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
No surprise there. We gave them guns.

Trying to blame only the Us is really getting annoying. There are other gun manufacturers other than the US that these cartels use.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: iDope

Because the US government views it as a domestic law enforcement issue and not a military to military issue involving a foreign nation. The US allows Mexican authorities to stage from US territory when they do raids on the Cartels'. Violating Mexican national sovereignty due to a group of criminals that don't represent the Mexican government would do no good and would most likely create more support for the Cartels and not less.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 03:21 AM
link   

stop trying to blame America .. a criminal is a criminal doesn't matter what nationality or colour

punish the criminal and don't derail people into this bs

I am sick of hearing that crap

[snipped]

edit on 6-6-2015 by MimiSia because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-6-2015 by MimiSia because: (no reason given)

edit on 6.6.2015 by Kandinsky because: Removed OTT comment

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I see your point in this instance but don't totally agree as to why it is that way. With your explaination of why no military to military action is taken that would explain why U.S. didn't enter Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, etc until they believed (and positive) that they had WMD's and maybe a way to launch them. Otherwise no war would have been conducted since it was a domestic issue rather than not a foreign government or military issue. No WMD's were ever found and U.N. always stated they never existed yet military was sent on a false positive and has been there since in some way.

So it is clear it was necessary to have troops on ground over there since it would protect us from a bomb that never existed (pkus track terrorist leaders etc). Yet never actually fighting a military, merely idealistic militia, Yet when the saftey of many is jeopordized by the state of illegal immigration and dangers is has on a community, plus economy, plus resources, etc. which seem to me like a national problem, as illegal immigration effects legal citizens Nationally. We not only allow it, we simplify the ways to become citizens. Without secure borders it also is a giant defense gap if we are truly at war on terrorism. Sure we can patrol our own citizens easy, but some group illegally here with no papers and one mission to accomplish, good luck stopping that if they only have to play cat and mouse with local police.

The immigrants are Mexican citizens, therefore it is Mexico's governments duty to handle their own, otherwise they are invaders of a nation who's motive may be unclear. Sure for a job they say. But that could easily mean child trafficking and be a spy for cartels within our border that could give info on how to transport drugs, weapons, people, etc. Maybe a terrorist group pays the cartel to use it's members and ties for an act of terror. Then what? Police responsibility?

If the U.S. government truly didn;t want all the illegals to enter, and MSM showed how communities and jobs erode all over the nation as illegals are the driving problem, acknowledged the fact, it would be the same as our country being under attack. If you have harmful parasites killing you slow, you don't let them stay, you get rid of them. I don't live near the border but that doesn't mean there aren'y illegals in my town, and cops know it and do nothing about it. Not saying all are bad, but they don't pay taxes and are able to get food stamps and hand outs, increasing the number of people recieving help making it harder to get and a longer process for people that pay taxes. So by just accepting it's the police's problem to fix when many don't geel safe when stopped by police, how would the problem ever be solved? The current method doesn't work and never will. So the solution is either allow it and see where it goes, or take more drastic measures. I'm sure if it were a Muslim nation or a nation with high value commodities doing the same it would be a different story.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 04:25 AM
link   

You guys just cant remain on topic can you. What does this have to do with Iraq and wmd's?

The Cartels are not Mexican government entities and like I said is a law enforcement issue. The US government allows Mexican government entities to launch raids from the US side of the border to take cartels by surprise. In this case cartels engaged a Us helicopter.

If the US were to respond I doubt Mexico would have heart burn over it.

Try to keep your eye on the ball instead of derailing the thread. If you want to talk about what you apparently think is important then start a new thread and go there.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 04:37 AM
link   

hijack

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Terrorists that took down the towers were not Iraqi or Afghan government military either, yes they massacred thousands in one shot, but Illegal immigrants are like silent killers to the entire future of the nation. The cartel helps many get in, they keep ties and operate from within. If U.S. were to treate the cartel like they treat Islam radicals it would actually be enforcing the war on drugs and terror while preventing future urders of innocent people. If the cartels did not exist anymore in Mexico, then the government could take back control the way the people want and deserve it to be rather than letting them flee to the U.S. illegaly.

In what way would the cartel be different from a mafia or a terrorist group? If the cartel had a shipment of coke stolen by the border patrol so they figure they get revenge and shoot down an airliner while taking off or blow up a building. It's a message back and forth of onesupmanship forever. And as long as the cartel has it's money high up in the government and 1/4 of Mexican police they will control how Mexican government runs, and police itself while gaining more power. So in my opinion the cartel and Mexican Government work together while fighting eachother, allowing the cartel to grow as long as money rolls in and the nation either runs to U.S. or joins their own forever war against eachother. But that's fine, we can just keep doing what hasn't worked. I guess thats the goal then, keep the cartel operational. I don'w see many other nations in the world today or throughout history taking the same approach.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 05:12 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   

LAREDO --- A U.S. Customs and Border Protection helicopter was hit by gunfire near the Mexican border Friday evening, according to Laredo police.

The helicopter landed in an industrial park on the city's northwest side and no injuries were reported, said investigator Joe Baeza, a police spokesman.

The shooting happened shortly after 5 p.m., Baeza said.

A total of five shots were fired according to a report from the Laredo Morning Times. But just two of them were confimred to have hit the helicopter.

www.chron.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Like I have said before..

A free fire training zone on the Southern border followed up with "come left 5 degrees and fire for effect".

new topics

top topics

join