It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally out of my abusive relationship, looking to start again!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Don't get back on the horse, get back on many horses!

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

Cheers - Dave

LoL dude you never cease to crack me up, thank you all so much for the well wishes and sound advice, love my ATS community

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

As someone who just got out of a 8.5 year relationship (in January), I know exactly what you're dealing with man. I didn't take 8 months off, but I did take a good 3, where I just took on as much work as possible. Then one day I had a little epiphany and came to the realization that I wasn't going to allow my ex to bother me for another day of my life and I started to date again, it's actually been a lot of fun.. Anyways, I hope this transition goes smoothly for you and that you're able to find a good girl who's worth your time. I see you're from Texas, if I may suggest, go spend a few weekends down in Austin, don't fall in love, but make sure to have all the fun you can handle

edit on 5-6-2015 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

Cheers - Dave

LoL dude you never cease to crack me up, thank you all so much for the well wishes and sound advice, love my ATS community

jhn7537 in the next post after your response is right, don't let the past relationship drag you through your life. Every time you think of her and the crap, you're giving her power. You're taking your energy and applying it to a "dead" issue and really, it isn't effecting her, you're effecting yourself. Don't give her that power, because that's your energy and you can't get it back.

So give your head a shake, find a pneumatic girl and her submissive BFF and make three a party! Nothing makes you forget your troubles like a good old fashioned threesome... and you get braggin' rights too! LOL.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Watch out Texas!!!

Raising a glass to your new life!

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   

i was in an abusive relationship we all deserve better

now I am terrified of man

he was mentally messing with my mind
turned in to aggresive and physical

now I can take any kind of mental bs
nothing phases with man

but never want to be with one again
you can't trust them

not one abusive relationship
frankly all of them

don't know what it is ..
anyway..
edit on 6-6-2015 by MimiSia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Yep I know what it is like and what you are going through, and it is hard. Im in the same boat at the moment.
Good luck in your search. Your hear pple talk about working on yourself which is all good but there comes a time when we need someone to share our lives with

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Top notch effort!

Just do not go looking for "it". If it is going to happen, and be right, it will more than likely happen out of the blue anyway!

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
Watch out Texas!!!

Raising a glass to your new life!

thank you zazzers! much love missy!

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: MimiSia

i was in an abusive relationship we all deserve better

now I am terrified of man

he was mentally messing with my mind
turned in to aggresive and physical

now I can take any kind of mental bs
nothing phases with man

but never want to be with one again
you can't trust them

not one abusive relationship
frankly all of them

don't know what it is ..
anyway..

well to be honest not all men are like that, and as my relationship is testimony, not every abuser is a male, infact there are a large, large amount that are, but you dont hear about it for obvious reasons....

Not all of us are bad, just like I know not all women are bad, I have a lot of great women in my life (not romantically) that are great people, so I know they are out there!

Dont loose hope missy

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: BazRaza7
Yep I know what it is like and what you are going through, and it is hard. Im in the same boat at the moment.
Good luck in your search. Your hear pple talk about working on yourself which is all good but there comes a time when we need someone to share our lives with

im with you there, it is tough, working on yourself is empowering, but there does come that point where theres only one thing that can fill the empty spot, and thats companionship!

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Top notch effort!

Just do not go looking for "it". If it is going to happen, and be right, it will more than likely happen out of the blue anyway!

here here buddy! Youre absolutely right

you cant force anything for sure, always ends up bad

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Exactly.

For example, at the moment, my "it" is the random acquisition, followed by rapid and effective consumption of ale. I never plan it, and I never force it, but its always good!

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   

A word of advice.

Find yourself first. Become a whole person again.

Relationships are like an ass kicking contest, if you only have one leg, most likely you'll lose quickly.

Good luck to you friend.

RT

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Not sure this is the right place for this. This is a conspiracy site after all, they have other sites for that sort of stuff. While I wish you well, I do think we got far to many people on this site with this stuff. Generally there is the thing people say and then there is the real thing they dont say.

I take it your in a position now were you can afford to ditch the old baggage and look for new cargo. It was annoying when women did it, it will likely be just as annoying if males start doing it now. You know I never understood why people come to this site with there relationship issues, or looking for such things. It is illogical, besides that is what dating sites are for. Not saying you will find anything better there or find anything at all. But at least there everybody is on the same page as far as this dating thing is concerned, hence it is a probable statistic that you will likely find what your looking for there by a factor of 1.2% then here on a conspiracy site.

Besides such things are for the most part set in stone, just like crows mate with crows and pigeons with pigeons and all the rest of them in the animal kingdom, so to is human mating set to its boundaries. Really, I am quite sure you will find what your looking for, its an impossibility that you would not especially now that your more set up. I would say get on with it already, but your options are just as good on a dating site in fact much more so then here, and besides all the dissinfo agents and bots and human bots and kids trolling and trolls in general, most people I do believe don't come here for relationships advice or to meet new people, it would be confusing as hell if they did anyways, this may be the wrong medium for it, even among the most ignorant.

Though then again, they seem to have a relationship section here anyways. So do as you will.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

You'll be fine, just hang in there, enjoy yourself and being single. No woman has the power to break us.

The same thing just happened to me. I'm getting ready for a pretty long phase of being single because a) I do not want to settle just to not be alone and b) there is no point in even trying or wasting someone's time when I know I'm not in love. Just like you I have learned what I don't want in a woman.

I gave her my heart but she wanted my soul. She is Brazilian, and the passion she possessed made me fall in love with her but in the end it was what made her too much to handle. The daddy issues and jealousy, constant need for attention, deceit, manipulation, anger and aggression was not worth it in the end. I thought I could help her and uplift her but I was not strong enough and she ended up bringing me down. I'll never make that mistake again.

Also if you are someone with dreams, ambition and convictions and your partner is not, go ahead and end it because eventually they will come to resent you for having your passions when they do not. Ask yourself, does this relationship hinder in any way my goals in life?

Also I believe science will one day prove a direct correlation between being beautiful and being insane...

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

The first real relationship I was in was very abusive. I got manipulated so bad that I basically believed I needed her to survive. She made me feel like garbage but was the only one who could change it at the same time.
It took years to unlearn and recover to being the awesomeness that is me.
Good for you and best advice I could give is..... You probably don't even know yourself anymore. Take some time try a bunch of new stupid hobbies. Try new food, new booze, new women. Enjoy yourself you deserve it.

Funny side note... After I got "freed" I got really into yugio cards......I was 27 lol

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

Not sure this is the right place for this. This is a conspiracy site after all, they have other sites for that sort of stuff. While I wish you well, I do think we got far to many people on this site with this stuff. Generally there is the thing people say and then there is the real thing they dont say.

I take it your in a position now were you can afford to ditch the old baggage and look for new cargo. It was annoying when women did it, it will likely be just as annoying if males start doing it now. You know I never understood why people come to this site with there relationship issues, or looking for such things. It is illogical, besides that is what dating sites are for. Not saying you will find anything better there or find anything at all. But at least there everybody is on the same page as far as this dating thing is concerned, hence it is a probable statistic that you will likely find what your looking for there by a factor of 1.2% then here on a conspiracy site.

I don't think he was posting this because he's trying to find anything or anyone, like a dating site...I think he's just sharing his relief at the ordeal finally being over, which is perfectly ok. There are many other categories aside from the conspiracy ones here, and it's heartwarming to see other people struggling with something that many of us have also dealt with and coming out on top.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Congratulations on the newer you. Good luck in your journey.
It is nice to see from what you posted that you are enjoying it.
Don't rush anything and if there is another lady out there for you then you will find her.
We are not all bad and there are still a few good ones out there.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen
Ya OK. But still would it not be better to go on about all that in another way or place. Like a dating site for instance, its what its about right? Its just logical. But anyways. Whatever.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join