It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd Encounter: Was I being checked out for radicalism?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

I was listen to the radio (Michael Medvid - I know - it's part of the discipline) and he was talking with a active duty special forces light Colonel who said that these, was it called, Jade Helm readiness exercises have been going on for 15 years for the purpose of training in rapid deployment to varied possible theaters.

What was actually frisking people out was an Presidential Executive Order from 2010 that would allow the military to step in in the event of natural and man made disasters to protect infrastructure.

Two entirely separate issues.

He also stated that if, if special forces were to institute martial law, we wouldn't be hearing about it in advance.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: sepermeru

Interesting read. For the friend's comment, telling you not to look at the sky, then discussing tunnels, it seems more like he was trying to star you into looking another direction, maybe specifically to tunnels. Then, his weird friend asks all those questions? It really does sound like they were maybe trying to see if you were connected to some group or another, and some sort of tunnels were involved. That's the oddest thing there. Why mention them, if there weren't any? Seems like maybe there really were.

I know an area just off of a small bit of highway, between two towns (neither really large, one pretty small), where, during some "improvements" to the road, there was a lot of rock and whatnot being brought up on a belt, in a field. Now, in the same field rests a little pillbox building, with a lift mechanism outside, and an air pipe big enough to service a large underground facility. Never see anyone hanging around it, but it's weird. So, I could believe tunnels. They are in lots of places.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I guess that's proof then.

This is a platform for weeding out radicals and extremists.

Good on the intelligence agencies for utilizing the internet in all it's glory. I would. Get em'.

CdT

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: CirqueDeTruth
I guess that's proof then.

This is a platform for weeding out radicals and extremists.

Good on the intelligence agencies for utilizing the internet in all it's glory. I would. Get em'.

CdT

For me, looking at it objectively, I don't see what other choice they'd have. Given the same parameters, we would do the same. It's uncomfortable, but we've all seen posters we hope somebody, somewhere, will check up on, if just for their own sakes.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: sepermeru
"Listen, let me give you some advice. Don't look at the sky."

That is a great line right there, wow.

Sounds like bit of a creepy experience w/ the mystery guy on the ride in the car. To my mind people interested in all the weird stuff would tend to be less violent, not more so but that is mainly speculative conjecture on my part. Maybe just a way for "them" (whoever 'they' are) to monitor the temperature and climate of people who think outside the box a bit and tend to spend time in those types of areas online. ATS could be construed (rightly &/or wrongly) as an anti-government website in some respects.

I'm curious to know just how much in the sky is going on that we shouldn't be looking at. Chemtrails? Fancy new drones or other military aerial/flight technology? "Aliens"? (whatever that means) / "UFO's"? (whatever those are) Please tell me it's aliens, that would be fun. Well friendly or neutral aliens at least. I've seen (& heard) some startling things in the sky myself, not to say i know what is going on there b/c I don't.

Anyways that is an interesting story OP, and to my mind the way it reads it seems to have the ring of truth so I believe your story and in that case a good thing to make a mental note of, that these kinds of things are happening to people. I wonder if they are actively doing this or they just reactively when it comes up. Not like it would be hard for them to figure out who's going where and doing what online.
edit on 13-6-2015 by Runciter33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: sepermeru

His friend did show up at my place one other time. He'd tried to call me a few times--he wanted to know what I thought of a book he'd given me--and stopped by because I hadn't answered (we'd met there before, so he knew the address). I got rid of him quickly and didn't hear from him again.

What was the book? Did he give it to you the first time you met/took a ride? Did you read it?

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: HerbertAshe

I've been trying to remember. He wrote it, and it was more of a long article or pamphlet, only he'd self-published or something. It had to do with Africans (both men were black, though not Jewish that I know of) and Judaism. I might even still have it somewhere, but I doubt it. I didn't really read it, just flipped through. It didn't seem anti-Semitic at all, but it did seem ahistorical.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Oh gawd. Another one of these "I once knew a guy who knew stuff but I can't tell you anything about it" posts.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: sepermeru

Cool, thanks. It could be interesting to dig out if you do still have it. Might provide some insight as to whether he was an individual with some whacky ideas trying to push his own agenda or working for a group/agency that was trying to 'check you out'.

My person feeling would tend towards the former. Occam's razor and all that.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
Oh gawd. Another one of these "I once knew a guy who knew stuff but I can't tell you anything about it" posts.

...no it's not. Honestly, I get why you might think so at first glance, but I think even a quick second glance will show I'm a fully rational person and I'm not making any esoteric claims. I think there's a reasonable explanation for all of it, whatever that explanation is. If it was all a coincidence, it was uncanny--he touched on topics I'd never even heard of despite years of interest in odd human theories until very recently. So it's still interesting, even if just serendipity. And I've related everything I can remember that he said, which wasn't much in context.

Friend #1 was a pretty smart, together guy. HIS friend seemed a lot stranger, and a lot less intelligent, too, though one of those sort of Dunning-Kruger types who thinks he is an expert on everything.
edit on 14-6-2015 by sepermeru because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join