It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Woman Denied Unopened Soda Can on Flight When Others are Given Unopened

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
The one guy telling her that she's a Muslim C*** who would "absolutely use the beer can as a weapon" should have been thrown off the plane, or arrested upon landing for inciting hatred. I weep for America that this attitude towards Muslims is being widely accepted. You know where else attitudes like this were widely accepted against a whole set of people just for their religious beliefs? Germany. 1933.

After the war, many Germans said that they didn't realize what was going on until it was way too late to stop it, and the same playbook is being used in the Western World right now.

America (and many other nations) are becoming increasingly isolationist and media like FOX NEWS are driving this sort of hatred towards Muslims.

In 1933, it was Goebbels and the Ministry of Information. Now, the Ministry of Information propaganda machine is FOX NEWS and countered by MSNBC, which is just as bad coming from the other side.

Goebbels always used to say if you repeat a big enough lie often enough (the lie has to be REALLY big) then eventually everyone will believe it, and will be asking you to fix the problem in whatever way you like.

Rupert Murdoch has a LOT to answer for for creating the divisive America we see today.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Next, the FAA will be banning soda cans on flights because of the risk of them being used as a weapon.

If she was really intent on using an unopened can as a weapon, surely she would have just grabbed the can they gave to her neighbor

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

Careful, you are applying logic here.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: skalla

If you want to make them so the lids don't pop off and can be reused again and again. Throw away plastic cups would be messy and not spill proof. Not a major engineering undertaking, but I would say it should be unique to airlines.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I haven't flown for a couple years but I got unopened cans all the time. And usually flew united.

What I gathered was she saw a can that was already opened that she did not see get opened but I could be wrong.

It did seem like the simple fix was either open a new one or hand it to her and watch it get opened.

Also everyone talking about how this story is bs, how do you know?
Yoy say we shouldn't jump to conclusions but some how you reached the conclusion this is bs?

How does that work.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
I didn't know where to put this. posse comitatus wasn't allowing me to post. Denied unopened Soda

This might seem small, but others were treated differently than she was. I find it discriminatory.

I find your taking her at her word when other's reputations are on the line also discriminatory.

No video.
No other passengers have said anything.

I don't know, I think I remember hearing something about innocent until proven guilty, some s*** like that.

I also call into question how she was supposedly insulted by the other passenger. "You Muslim, you need to shut the f-- up" That statement right there doesn't sound to me like something someone would say. People don't insult someone like that in America. I don't say "you redhead, you need to shut the f-- up" I'd be more likely to say something along the lines of "shut the f-- up you stupid redhead"

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
Next, the FAA will be banning soda cans on flights because of the risk of them being used as a weapon.

If she was really intent on using an unopened can as a weapon, surely she would have just grabbed the can they gave to her neighbor

An unopened can of soda can do a lot more damage than an opened one. I hope even an elementary grasp of common sense can tell you that.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: chuck258

Yes she is innocent until proven guilty, that works both ways you know.

What do you know that disproves her story?

Or are you also jumping to conclusions.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
The one guy telling her that she's a Muslim C*** who would "absolutely use the beer can as a weapon" should have been thrown off the plane, or arrested upon landing for inciting hatred. I weep for America that this attitude towards Muslims is being widely accepted. You know where else attitudes like this were widely accepted against a whole set of people just for their religious beliefs? Germany. 1933.

After the war, many Germans said that they didn't realize what was going on until it was way too late to stop it, and the same playbook is being used in the Western World right now.

America (and many other nations) are becoming increasingly isolationist and media like FOX NEWS are driving this sort of hatred towards Muslims.

In 1933, it was Goebbels and the Ministry of Information. Now, the Ministry of Information propaganda machine is FOX NEWS and countered by MSNBC, which is just as bad coming from the other side.

Goebbels always used to say if you repeat a big enough lie often enough (the lie has to be REALLY big) then eventually everyone will believe it, and will be asking you to fix the problem in whatever way you like.

Rupert Murdoch has a LOT to answer for for creating the divisive America we see today.

You're ASSUMING what she said is true. It has not yet been proven that she was discriminated against in the manner which she claims you close minded bigot. You have already made up your mind that everyone else is guilty without even considering she could be lying.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Does your own elementary grasp of common sense see the idiocy in giving an opened tin to one individual and a closed tin to another, when the supposed reason is that unopened cans are more dangerous?

How about being able to make a blade suitable for throat opening very easily from a can? You are able to grasp that idea, right?

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Yes she is innocent until proven guilty, that works both ways you know.

What do you know that disproves her story?

Or are you also jumping to conclusions.

I don't, that's why I said and I quote:

I also call into question how she was supposedly insulted by the other passenger. "You Muslim, you need to shut the f-- up" That statement right there doesn't sound to me like something someone would say. People don't insult someone like that in America. I don't say "you redhead, you need to shut the f-- up" I'd be more likely to say something along the lines of "shut the f-- up you stupid redhead"

I brought up something that is just as credible as her being insulted, and I gave the reasons why. I never said she was guilty of lying, or that the passenger said what he said. The OP however states "she was treated differently...." as if it were a matter of fact, a fact that hasn't been verified yet.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Saying some one doesn't insult some one the same way you do isn't credible.
300 million people in this nation,we all don't talk the same or use the same.

You are ASSUMING she wasn't treated the way she was all the while chastising others for assuming it is true?

edit on stSun, 31 May 2015 12:58:23 -0500America/Chicago520152380 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: skalla

Does your own elementary grasp of common sense see the idiocy in giving an opened tin to one individual and a closed tin to another, when the supposed reason is that unopened cans are more dangerous?

How about being able to make a blade suitable for throat opening very easily from a can? You are able to grasp that idea, right?

Again. One: It hasn't been proven that what happened happened. All of you apologists on this board are taking her word that this event unfolded exactly as she claimed, this has not been proven.

Second: With regards to an unopened can being more dangerous, I was referring to how much damage an unopened can of soda can do when under so much pressure when thrown. I could see an unopened can of coke being thrown as a solid, and going much further and splitting someones eye open, compared to an opened can that would lose mass as the liquid came out of the can after it was thrown, and then upon impact, lose much of it's energy when the fluid evacuates and the tin can crumples much easier than when it was under pressure.

And unless you can rip a soda can in half, it would take time and a significant amount of effort to rip a can in half while seated on a plane to make it a cutting weapon, thereby alerting everyone else that a madman is repeatedly bashing a can against the arm of the chair to try and rip the can in half (this is the only way I can think of off the top of my head), thereby allowing people to get out of the way, and if lucky, an air marshal to step in.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Saying some one doesn't insult some one the same way you do isn't credible.
300 million people in this nation,we all don't talk the same or use the same.

You are ASSUMING she wasn't treated the way she was all the while chastising others for assuming it is true?

That's why I, you know, CALLED IT INTO QUESTION.

And yes, I am assuming she wasn't treated that way, because that's how we do things in America. Innocent until proven guilty. Even murderers caught on clear video are called suspects. Why are you not giving the man that supposedly insulted her and the flight attendant that supposedly discriminated against her the same courtesy? She is not on "trial" here, but that man and flight attendant are, and they deserve a presumption of innocence from us.
edit on 31-5-2015 by chuck258 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Oh Please. It's easy to rip a soda tin in half.

Dent, bend, and rip. It takes a matter of a couple of seconds. Frankly i could have a sharp edge at my distracted neighbour's throat before they were able to resist, were i some murderous type.

Perhaps you also failed to notice where i said that she may well be a complete fantasist.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: skalla

Oh Please. It's easy to rip a soda tin in half.

Dent, bend, and rip. It takes a matter of a couple of seconds. Frankly i could have a sharp edge at my distracted neighbour's throat before they were able to resist, were i some murderous type.

Perhaps you also failed to notice where i said that she may well be a complete fantasist.

You also replied to my reply of someone else post. I didn't originally call into question YOUR stance.

EDIT: And I will concede, that is quite a simple way to tear an can in half, I hadn't considered doing that (which I hope shows that it's not a common thought), I originally saw an unopened can merely as a projectile. I think most people on a whim would probably see cans as projectiles rather than razor blades.
edit on 31-5-2015 by chuck258 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I am assuming she wasn't treated that way

I know, it is very obvious.
Because I believe her, I have no issues with the idea that some random person would extend that hate to some one.

I don't think the attendant was acting out of hate though, I think she just used a poor choice of words and may have mishandled the situation.

But there is still a chance she was if she was.

And yes she is still innocent until proven guilty as well, you are doing the same thing you are accusing me of doing.
Both sides have that right not just one.
If you are saying it is BS, then you are putting her on the chair now and flipping the script.

edit on stSun, 31 May 2015 13:13:09 -0500America/Chicago520150980 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
The moral of the story is some people get offended over the dumbest shyte and certain folks are just waiting for an excuse to cry "I was discriminated against!" to some form of media.

This is what happens when everybody on earth except for non-religious white males are considered a "protected group."
edit on 5/31/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
The last time I flew on United, I was given the option of buying a full 12 oz can of soda or getting a 6 oz. plastic cup of soda for free.

posted on May, 31 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

I don't think the attendant was acting out of hate though, I think she just used a poor choice of words and may have mishandled the situation.

I think the flight attendant had/has underlying prejudice that revealed itself in her behavior.

I don't think she overly intended to discriminate. But, she did.

Not wanting to drink from an unopened can or bottle is not that unusual.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join