It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is being called a Nuke! Can someone identify this weapon? Yemen Conflict.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Are you kidding me? That's no nuke, small or otherwise. The camera would be shot & the cameraman vapor < facepalm >

Did VT decide they wanted to be the new BIN? They've been becoming more & more laughably inept at "reporting" lately. Not that they were all that fantastic to begin with :/

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

As I said before. We are able TO CONTAIN the area of impact.
Ask your military how a CONTAINED nuke looks like when blowing up in the missile silo...

And there are some restrictions in this war. One of them is:
YOU ARE ONLY ALLOWED TO NUKE OTHER COUNTRIES WITH NUKES AND CAUSE DAMAGE!

BTW. We HAVE TO CONTAIN our AM-Weapons too to not ignite the atmosphere.

edit on 28:5:2015 by hewriteshere because: (no reason given)

edit on 28:5:2015 by hewriteshere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: hewriteshere
a reply to: Shamrock6

As I said before. We are able TO CONTAIN the area of impact.
Ask your military how a CONTAINED nuke looks like when blowing up in the missile silo...

And there are some restrictions in this war. One of them is:
YOU ARE ONLY ALLOWED TO NUKE OTHER COUNTRIES WITH NUKES AND CAUSE DAMAGE!

BTW. We HAVE TO CONTAIN our AM-Weapons too to not ignite the atmosphere.

Ummm Wrong.

From what I have read in "American Prometheus: The Triumph and Tragedy of J. Robert Oppenheimer" Teller was the first one to express this concern before the Trinity test. Also quoting from: www.sciencemusings.com...

Physicist Edward Teller considered another possibility. The huge temperature of a fission explosion -- tens of millions of degrees -- could fuse together nuclei of light elements, such as hydrogen, a process that also releases energy (later, this insight would be the basis for hydrogen bombs). If the temperature of a detonation was high enough, nitrogen atoms in the atmosphere would fuse, releasing energy. Ignition of atmospheric nitrogen might cause hydrogen in the oceans to fuse. The Trinity experiment might inadvertently turn the entire planet into a chain-reaction fusion bomb.

Robert Oppenheimer, chief of the American atomic scientists, took Teller's suggestion seriously. He discussed it with Arthur Compton, another leading physicist. "This would be the ultimate catastrophe," wrote Compton. "Better to accept the slavery of the Nazis than run a chance of drawing the final curtain on mankind!"

Oppenheimer asked Hans Bethe and other physicists to check their calculations of the ignition temperature of nitrogen and the cooling effects expected in the fireball of a nuclear bomb. The new calculations indicated that an atmospheric conflagration was impossible." Bethe apparently then convincingly showed that the atmosphere would not be set on fire by a nuclear bomb

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Definetly not a nuke or the guy with the camera would have been vaporized instantly.Should go on youtube and look how insanely powerful nuke bombs are.The shockwave is far more powerful.

Do people understand a a very powerful nuke can kill everyone in its path for more than 50 miles or more if you made one that powerful.
edit on 28-5-2015 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
That's not a nuke! Probably a variation of the Massive Ordnance Penetrator that the yanks have. I know a deal had been signed recently for the US to sell yet more weapons etc to the Israelis, as if they need more, may be this was a taster from that deal. Them acting along with the Saudis is absolutely no shock, in an unstable region, they are just helping each other to assert dominance...Pretty much everything that has happened in the region has had both countries behind it.

I think what worries me is Israel's ballistic capability, for example Jericho III, can reach almost anywhere in the world...Why would they need to reach anywhere in the world? I'm more worried about them pressing the button than America, because they will only press it if Israel does anyway!

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Nano thermetic bunker buster for steel reinforced structures?
First blast destroys concrete then the thermite goes to work boring a hole ?
That's my guess, great but spooky footage .

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
www.youtube.com... this is the largest nuke bomb ever made by Russia.They was going to make it bigger.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I don't think the explosion in the YouTube video is the same being discussed in the article. Check out the pictures in the article. Much bigger explosion shown and large mushroom cloud. Not saying it's a nuke but I think many are confused.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Level1

Either way there are no reported secondary effects, so still just a large conventional explosive.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Hella secondary. I hear the jets coming in, I hear the impact from a couple bombs and then wham, up goes an ammo dump. You can see the "sparkles" of secondary ammunition bursts around the base of the rising column of smoke after the initial fireball. That is most definitely sympathetic detonation of stored munitions.

As far as all the statements about people being vaporized that close to an actual nuclear detonation…

armchair experts…

edit on 28-5-2015 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr
They sure did know how to blow a kick ass smoke ring in the late 1950's!
Cool video.
I wonder when those guys developed cancer?

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

As best as anyone can find the first of them died in 1987. One died in 1990, one in 2003, one in 2005. One may still be alive, and the camera operator was still alive and interviewed in 2010, so lived until at least then.
edit on 5/28/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: butcherguy

As best as anyone can find the first of them died in 1987. One died in 1990, one in 2003, one in 2005. One may still be alive, and the camera operator was still interviewed in 2010, so lived until at least then.

Wow.
I would have thought worse than that.
Good for them!
Thanks for the quick answer.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Lol. I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT.

Just read my intro. lol

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
What is the local reaction? It doesnt real matter what all us keyboard warriors say.....if the locals and the local news sources are hinting at a nuke, just adds more hate to the fire.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: hewriteshere
a reply to: yuppa

Lol. I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT.

Just read my intro. lol

According to those scientist No you dont. Proof please.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
This is supposed to be an accurate depiction of a nuclear explosion.

NONE of the many explosions people attribute as nukes are anywhere near close to the destruction caused by real nuclear weapons. When one of those goes off you'll know about it (or not if you are lucky).

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
This is what a small nuke looks like (14kt)

I do wish people would actually research things before they come up with these bull# claims. Half of them wouldn't know a nuke if one actually dropped on them.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore

The davy Crockett was smaller (20 tons of TNT)

still have the flash

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: bharata

I am hearing from my sources that the two F-16C's were definitely
Israeli since no f-16C has been sold to any country except Israel,
and, they have been specifically outfitted for the express purpose
of delivering a Neutron bomb, in addition, these deliveries are also
designed to be suicide missions, and considering that both of them
crashed, it would appear it was a suicide mission.

Thanks for the post OP

Rebel 5

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join