It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do some people witness Ghosts of humans and pets, but not dinosaurs?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: coastlinekid

Think of ghosts or inter dimensional entities in terms of the particle-wave duality. The particle can be anywhere until the observer tries to pinpoint its location. If you acknowledge these entities' existence, then perhaps you are more susceptible to perceiving them.

As a non-believer, you aren't likely to find what you aren't looking for. You wouldn't for instance invest meaning into a smoky apparition you see in your peripheral vision. You might just call it a floater in your vitreous fluid.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Ghosts are not dead people (or pets); they are demons trying to fool people by acting like people and/or pets.

Just the fact that you said that, I know you do not know. Why is it that so many feel that they must pull the demon card to discourage people from contemplating about this subject, when they evidently have no experience with it? Perhaps you could elaborate on why you are convinced that ghosts are demons?

You have no idea what I do or do not know. Discussing what I believe on the topic in no way discourages others from contemplating the issue. Is your personal belief so fragile that it cannot stand up to any dissenting opinion?

My family has a LOT of experience in this area, for your information.

Perhaps you can explain, first, why you are so sure they aren't.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Some people say it's an connection with your other body. (but this is only with the people believe that we are controled by a gigantic computer, witch has every choice you ever made, and choices you did not make.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Fascinating theories, everyone! I agree with the likelihood of a lot of concepts you guys have brought up.

I understand that some people find that my question is ludicrous at it's foundation, as it "should be obvious that god exists and ghosts are spirits/demons/angels" and so on. On the contrary, I personally see no evidence for a god, and I have my reasons for it. I'm not here to discuss the validity of anyone's theories on the matter, as all we have truly is speculation at it's core.

Personally, I don't find god to be an acceptable explanation for these phenomena. But, that wasn't the goal of the topic in the first place. I simply wanted to see what others thought about the dilemma.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
a reply to: Ghost147
Ghosts are not dead people (or pets); they are demons trying to fool people by acting like people and/or pets. Hence, no dinosaurs. Who would want to see a dinosaur ghost, after all? It wouldn't fit what people expect, so it isn't done.

I would be one of those people who would really, really want to see a dinosaur ghost.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

I've had "interesting" results experimenting with legitimate human pheromones. They aren't a magic key, but they can definitely give you an edge in social situations.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: CynicalSinningSaint

I have the exact same armor load out for my Warlock...got the Ram just the other day.

Anyway, I think your on to something with interdimensional entities. I think there are an infinite number of alternate realities happening in every moment, and sometimes they can bleed through...

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Maybe, but that isn't how most think of ghosts, so it wouldn't be common.

However, I do recall reading someplace, ages ago, about someone sighting a pterosaur that seemed ghostlike, rather than solid.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I had these two legged reptiles visiting me in my dreams, could that be counted as a Dino? hehe maybe a Dino/Man?

Nothing positive about them.

I even woke up with a Crocodile over me! i could feel it was warm, and i actually ran out of my bedroom fearing for my life.

but no Dinosaurs ..

i know ghosts right hehe.. my dreams takes them trough into the real world with me for a split second..ghosts?
edit on 25-5-2015 by Animula because: Disoriented

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
The only logical explanation is here is no ghost and our mind plays tricks on an unknown phenomenon by using our recent memory.

Sort of like we see shapes clouds that are of known creatures.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: luciddream
The only logical explanation is here is no ghost and our mind plays tricks on an unknown phenomenon by using our recent memory.

Sort of like we see shapes clouds that are of known creatures.

Haha, I think you missed the concept of the thread. As in the hypothetical "ghost's exist" bit
This isn't about the validity of their existence, it's about assuming they do exist and why we only tend to see human/pet ghosts (in the ghost stories).

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
The entire 'ghost' phenomenon is a vestigial danger signaling system evolved by mammals.

When Og was about to be eaten by a sabertooth, he emitted persistent pheromonal signals that tag the location as being dangerous. When his buddies come down the path later, a few molecules of Og Died Here Badly are picked up by their vomero-nasal organs and stimulate the memory into producing phantom visions and sensations of terror.

This is why you see them outside around concentrations of dead people (cemetaries) or in houses where the people were nuts or evil or something bad happened, because it's a closed environment and it doesn't take mass quantities of signaling pheromone.

Eventually, the signal fades. And reptiles don't produce it. So you see Fluffy, and your cat "sees" the dead people in the house, but you don't see old T-rexes.

This is the best and most scientific explanation I've ever seen for ghosts and explains a lot i.e. battlefield ghosts.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

This is an interesting quandary that I've heard asked a few times. A good example was I believe from Stephen Fry, why is it that people don't see the ghosts of the billions of cattle we've killed in some of the most disgusting ways over hundreds of years?

There are entire sections of our cities with homes now on land that used to be nothing but slaughterhouses, so why don't they ever have any ghost sightings of cows walking through their bedrooms?

I do believe there is something, through my own personal experiences, but I'm also lost when I consider this question too. It seems to me that there is a psychological aspect to this; it's generally only animals we have a love for - cats, dogs, occasionally horses, and other Humans of course.

The fact that we never see ghosts of cattle, birds, or even dinosaurs, surely suggests that they are a creation of ours. Whether it's that we're projecting them out into the physical world, or manufacturing them in our minds from certain cues in the environment, it seems as though the criteria for becoming a ghost is extremely specific.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013
There are entire sections of our cities with homes now on land that used to be nothing but slaughterhouses, so why don't they ever have any ghost sightings of cows walking through their bedrooms?

But there ARE stories of cow ghosts. Have you never heard of the MURDER bull?

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Some really excellent points on this thread about the nature of ghosts.

This is going to sound stupid, but...one thing I never understood is : why do ghosts have clothing on? Think about it.

Ghosts are remnants or echoes of biological entities. Their clothing was not a part of their physical body. It was in close proximity to their body--but technically it was just an accessory. And sometimes ghosts are holding things like lanterns or candles...so that tells me that the phenomenon is more about the psychology of the deceased rather than some objective projection of a formerly-living being.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: eManym
A ghost is a product of the mind. Since dinosaurs haven't been experienced then there is no visualization by the mind.

What about dragon's, paranormal scary spirit's of doom and terror that haunted the imagination of the ancient's.
Most are likened to crocodilian's but not all, then there is the story's such as the thunderbird of nativa american legend, like nessy it is near a body of water were it has been seen though it is a flying apparition which some claim is a UFO and both may be correct.

There has been some connection suggested with earth magnetism and other naturally occuring energy's which may disturb or energise these dormant ghost's (or recording's according to some theory's in which ghosts are a holographic recording of traumatic occurance's).

Oddly enough if the Ghost fades then over time it would become less likely to be experienced.

But Dragon's are what the Chinese regarded the bone's of the Dinosaur's found in the Gobi Desert as.

And what else would an person in the past have thought of these thing's.

Leviathan

Dragon

Hydra

etc

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

heh..
good topic..
idk..? did 12th century folks dream about subway trains?

Because Dinosaurs didn't really exist. The fossils were put there by God to test our faith.

read the book of Job, chapters 40 & 41 (specifically 40:19)

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Demons? My own experiences tell me otherwise.

A ghosts/spirits outlook (?) largely depends upon the circumstances of its physical death.

Two of the ghosts/spirits I encountered were gentle, caring even...I only encountered them once. They left a message, and departed where ever it is spirits go... If they were who I think they were, less demonic I couldn't possibly imagine. "It'll be OK.", that was the message. Not a whole lot demonic there.

Another that I encountered twice was the quintessential "angry spirit". The ghost/spirit/shade, call it what you will had died in a horrible, horrible accident involving several hundred gallons of boiling salt water... I avoided, when possible, that part of the plant I was working at, at the time. I got the very vivid impression of heat, pain, and rage. That, I suppose, could be "demonic".

The others, two of them, were suicides. I got the impression of confusion... Are demons ever confused?

Are there demons? I suppose it's possible. I believe that ghosts/spirits can be trapped on this plane, rather that moving on to whatever comes after... So it's not a great stretch to think that demonic creatures could be summoned/sent to this plane as well...not a great stretch at all.

But to posit that all ghosts are demons doesn't follow.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Well there was an idea I heard that perhaps sightings of creatures like the loch ness monster and other cryptids that resemble prehistoric animals are actually sightings of ghosts of the creatures that once lived. Now I admit that this is attempting to explain one thing that hasn't been proven with another thing that hasn't been proven but it could explain the lack of a body and other physical evidence.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I don't want to discount your experiences at all. The two you state left messages; how long after the person died did this happen? How do you know the message wasn't from an angel?

I'd say most, not all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join