It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pulled over and got in trouble for something i didnt do...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Well, driving down the road doing absolutely nothing wrong and a cop headed in the oposite direction does a u-turn and gets behind me. At this time im making a turn to go down my street ( which im the second house down ). So i turn and immediately park outside my house. The cop puts his lights on and "pulls me over " ( even though im already stopped).

First off the cops a complete dick, im a ccw carrier and not carrying but still out of respect, i shut my car off, turn my interior lights on, roll the window down and stick my hands out of the window. When i notice the cop get out of the car i immediately tell him im a carrier but not carrying, he responds with turn my f ing head forward and act like a normal f ing person!!!

Anyways as soon as he comes to my window he asks for my id and immediately notices a glass pipe on my back floorboard. This is where i freaked out because i know it was my brothers who i just dropped off. I try to tell him but before i do he is a smart a and says let me guess, not yours huh? He then pats me down and another cop pulls me to the side as the original cop searches the car.

At this time im explaining to the second cop that its not mine, i dont smoke or do anything illegal, and how im upset at my brother.

After the cop is done searxhing he then asked me to sit back in the car which i did, but me knowing my rights i asked if he would test the bowl for any substance, he says he doesnt have to because it smelled like burnt marijuana.

That upset me too but anyways he tells me he pulled me over because of a plate light thats out ( which is bs because he did the u turn before he could even see the back of my car). Well,,,,,
I got a paraphonilia charge, drug abuse charge and also the no plate light charge ( he said he had to give that ticket for it was the reason he pulled me over).

They did inform me that my brother could go with me to my court date and can take the blame and theyll charge him instead, which is what i plan on trying to convince him to do, which i feel absolutely horrible about but i cant have these charges on my record, i could care less about the fines honestly. But i dont know how willing my brother will be... but im gonna try...

Couple things to note:
Im 23
My brothers 18
My ticket said "knowingly possessed" whixh i honestly had no clue, and if i did i would have at least hidden it!
Also ive been a lurker mostly on ats, ive only posted my introduction, but this ticked me off so bad i had to rant.

But yeah, comments, opinions, advice , or even just conversing about this wouldd be greatly appreciated

Also this is in parma ohio, which if you know where this is, you know theyre very strict.

Oh and the cop also said ( when he was handing me the ticket ) that he would take my word and he truely did believe me but his car is recording and he doesnt want to get in trouble otherwise he would have just confiscated it and let me go!!!

Hahaha karma is a... well you know ( even though wasnt mine and im not a smoker!)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   
At least you didn't get beaten or shot.
Count yourself lucky.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23
Lol absolutle right though no jokes aside. Thats why even though i wasnt carrying i still followed everything i would do if i was, which is good for the cops out of respect and knowing what they go through day to day, but also because my ccw instructer taught us to do so..

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Duracell

This is why its important to work for legalization, for your brother, for every one. I got pulled over awhile back with pot, but it didn't matter because its legal in my state. Paraphenelia usually a tiny charge in any state though, I wouldn't stress too much over it.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   
You're screwed.

Two things:
1. Bend over and take it.
2. Call a lawyer. No advice you get from here will 'get you out of it'.

FWIW, I feel your pain.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: tridentblue
I dont care about the costs, i think paraphonilia runs about 250 here, but its the charges, for background check for work, or just on my record period. Plus i have a "baby momma" who will have this over my head now for different family court issues that could arise in the future.... but im gonna try to get my brother to take the rap since its his and his fault!! Ill pay the fines idc, but i want him to have the charge which i feel horrible about but he should have either took it or hid it!!

Btw lucky u in a state where its legalized... so even paraphonilia is legal there too? ( im stupid to laws in a state that its legalized lol )

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Was your bro sitting in the back seat or did it like roll underneath the front seat?

It is a shame that you are getting busted for MJ in a pipe.

Hopefully best case they can offer you some sort of diversion, might have to fake it till you make it in some drug classes and drop the case afterwards.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Been through the "justice system" many times when i was younger. Your brother f*ed up he knows it. I would just take the charge hes just a dumb younger brother. Talk to your lawyer about a deferment program (most states offer it). It's not probation.. you will have to pass 3 drug tests at your leisure and go to a counselor.. I just saw her once and done. In a few years it's off your record. A misdemeanor isn't the end of your life. Goodluck buddy.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl
Not so much in search of Legal advice ( although always appreciated ) but more so of advice on what to do with just taking the charge myself or getting my brother to take fault....

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 01:20 AM
link   
No just dropped him off and was omw home.. he actually put it in the car earlier when we were playing basketball. ( which might be where i messed up ) but i
A. Forgot about it
B. Assumed he would take it
a reply to: Sremmos80

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 01:21 AM
link   

norml.org...

Possession of paraphernalia misdemeanor N/A $ 150

Sounds like it could be worse btw.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Btw lucky u in a state where its legalized... so even paraphonilia is legal there too? ( im stupid to laws in a state that its legalized lol )

Yeah, we drive to the pot store, buy a bong, buy the pot, wave at the cop on the way home. No smoking and driving of course, we have to be responsible. But its all legal in terms of possession and licensed sales.

I know about the background situation, and you're right. But what you have to understand is that all goes away once it becomes legal in your state, its like having a "bottle that smelled of alcohol found in house" charge from times of prohibition, no one case later once alcohol is legal. So you should be committed to legalizing it now. Luckily there's a lot of good arguments, and trends are going that way.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Thanks for the source, just learned a little bit acctually... i cant get my license suspended, too many reasons i need my license, ( job kids, pregnant gf etc.) Looks like i really need to get my bro to take fault.... *sigh*

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   

The cop actually said he believed you?

You want a court date. Perhaps the cop, remembering you and that he believed you, will not show up that day to testify. Good luck to you.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Well that is the max sentence, but ya if you can get your bro to fess up seems like the route to go.
I would also take Snarls advice and get a lawyer.
Not a public defender, get private representation.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Yea, he said he believed me, but im a little slow though what do you mean exactly, like it would get thrown out maybe if he didnt show up?
a reply to: Ameilia

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Just cause the officer said that doesn't mean he believes it. Im pretty sure 99% of people in that situation say its not theirs. I know I did lol.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Duracell
Yea, he said he believed me, but im a little slow though what do you mean exactly, like it would get thrown out maybe if he didnt show up?

Yeah, there is a good chance of getting it dismissed if the cop doesn't show up to testify against you. If you aren't worth the bother, and didn't annoy them, sometimes they don't show up. It sounds like the you didn't annoy the cop or he wouldn't have said that to placate you (whether he believed it or not).

Get your lawyer, respond to all court notifications (usually through the mail), show up with a clean body, with a clean hair cut, and clean clothes. The worst thing you can do now is to miss a court appearance and make your legal problems worse.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I'm also from Ohio and have received many traffic tickets over the years and this is my advice for you.

Plead no contest, then tell the judge you fixed your license plate light (even though it wasn't broken) right after.
Whether your brother is there or not, be honest, and tell the judge about the drug charge as simple and as short as you can make it.

They usually move through this with a line of people behind/in front of you, and it goes decently fast.

The cops never show up to testify.

It will get dismissed, you will have to pay court costs (which is all they really care about), and nothing will go on your record.

This is just my opinion though through many personal experiences, and I still have a perfectly clean record.
So if you feel safer with a lawyer and your brother, then go that route.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Duracell
No just dropped him off and was omw home.. he actually put it in the car earlier when we were playing basketball. ( which might be where i messed up ) but i
A. Forgot about it
B. Assumed he would take it

Sounds like you allowed your brother to place it there so technically it's your own fault and I say suck it up and lesson learned.

<<   2  3 >>

join