It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudis want to be equally nuclear as Iran

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 04:28 AM
link   
So, the Saudis pleade their cause to Obama, on their right for acquiring on equal terms nuclear technology as much as Iran has been doing.

Nevertheless, Saudis somehow miss the fact, Iran has been suffering of a trade blockade good part of past two decades, and not are quite yet through of it either. I wish Saudis will be put in similar spot for the very same reasons.

Would it be time, for once and all, for the world to put even Saudis in house arreast and trade blockade? Shame they are darn heavy producers of oil and other things of crude-ness, terrorists funding and other fun - and hence truly deserved any bashing world can come up with.

Make Saudis trade blocked, financial blocked and technologically blocked - give Nukes to Saudis WILL equal to Nukes for 99% of global terrorists (the salafis that is).

“We can’t sit back and be nowhere as Iran is allowed to retain much of its capability and amass its research,” one of the Arab leaders preparing to meet Mr. Obama said on Monday, declining to be named until he made his case directly to the president. Prince Turki bin Faisal, the 70-year-old former Saudi intelligence chief, has been touring the world with the same message. Continue reading the main story Graphic: The Iran Nuclear Deal’s Definition Depends on Who’s Talking “Whatever the Iranians have, we will have, too,” he said at a recent conference in Seoul, South Korea.

Link to the article

(post by hutch622 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Iran claimed that technology by herself and with no one's help .

if saudis can also enrich uranium by themselves , they're free to do so .

hard job i'd say , especially for saudis since they cannot produce a nail by their own .

what a childish request indeed .

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: haman10

Sure enough Saudis can go ahead and do what ever they please. But, should rest of the world be atleast equally, as with Iran, horrified of the idea of Saudis letting the jini out of the bottle and handing it to all their good Wahhabi friends - al Qaeda, ISIS, Boko Haram - you name it?

Trade & technological & commercial blockade would be minimal for a nation with Saudis track record.

And why is Israel not at all worried of Saudis?
edit on 14-5-2015 by deckdel because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on May, 14 2015 @ 04:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: haman10

Except for the fact that they did not do such on their own since Russia provided nuclear experts and technical expertise under the Persepolis program in the 1990's and rebuilt the Bushehr Nuclear Plant in the early 2000's.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: deckdel
I think anyone can understand the Saudi's position on the matter, and, it happens to be the new arms race in the region that has ominously been warned of. Being ATS, one has to wonder if this plea is purposely being made or not in regards to that point. Then, of course, we also have to look into the decades long rumour that the Saudi's provided a lot of help to the Pakistani's nuclear program in return that they have access to the weapons should they need them.

All that aside, I think such sanctions on Saudi Arabia, despite being all the likely justified, would probably be the final nail in the coffin of the global economy ... but, I am sure that will happen anyway, so sure, why not? (*inside voice* sorry to my Saudi friends, but we have discussed these things, about both our governments).

edit on 5/14/2015 by AllSourceIntel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 05:06 AM
link   

This is an absolute load of tosh simply because Saudi can buy nuclear arms from Pakistan any time it wants because it can afford to pay.

If anyone thinks the Pakistani's wouldn't sell to Saudi they are nuts.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Except they didn't. See Russia, and France, and others.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: AllSourceIntel

Except for the fact that they did not do such on their own since Russia provided nuclear experts and technical expertise under the Persepolis program in the 1990's and rebuilt the Bushehr Nuclear Plant in the early 2000's.

Wow congrats you can google stuff.

Let me tell you who helped Iran regarding bushehr power plant :

US (before the revolution) , China, Japan, UN and Russia

They all helped and took a part. This is about Uranium enrichment buddy not building power plants
edit on 14-5-2015 by haman10 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-5-2015 by haman10 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Great.

Add the Saudi endeavours to buy HDW Type 212a submarines, or even a new nextgen custom-made series (rumour) - and SA would have the perfect tool for a nuclear falseflag in every coastal city around the globe.

Stupid. No armsdeals with Saudi Arabia!

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Let me tell you who helps Iran regarding bushehr power plant :

US (before the revolution) , China, Japan, UN.

They all helped and took a part. This is about Uranium enrichment buddy not building power plants

Sure, buddy, you can loose the attitude as none was given to you and be a respectful individual by admitting you made, either by accident or through ignorance, a bad and false statement.

We can discuss Western help pre-revolution all we want, but the relevancy is in regards to their modern program is null since the pre-revolution program was obsolete and the expertise was minimal if not absent.

Now, talking of their modern program, I suggest maybe you do a Google search and realize without Russia providing experts and technical assistance (which includes the processes, knowledge, and expertise in enriching uranium along with actually providing enriched uranium as part of the Bushehr contract Iran would not be anywhere near where they are right now in their program or have the amount of enriched uranium that they do have. So yes, I was still talking about enriching uranium.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 06:13 AM
link   

I trust Iran with nukes far more than I would trust the Arabs in Saud.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: haman10

Thats not true...Pakistan, Russia and North Korea...lots of help. Not that I want a Nuke in Saudi, but lets not be overly sympathetic to the point of blurring the truth.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Oh just let everyone have nukes.
What could possiblu go wrong?

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Saudis financially invested into Pakistan's nuclear weapons program and could obtain weapons from them without needing to build them themselves.

Saudi nuclear weapons 'on order' from Pakistan
BBC, November 2013

Saudi Arabia has invested in Pakistani nuclear weapons projects, and believes it could obtain atomic bombs at will, a variety of sources have told BBC Newsnight.

Saudi Arabia and Pakistan may have just renewed a secret nuclear weapons pact
Businessinsider, Feb 2015

Saudi Arabia and Pakistan have reconfirmed an arrangement whereby Pakistan, if asked, will supply Saudi Arabia with nuclear warheads.

This arrangement was revealed to have gone back at least to 2008-2009, and most likely much earlier.

Now, keep in mind the close connection between Saudis and Pakistanis in the faux "war on terror."

Saudis have had access to Nukes, not only from their cozy relationship with neocons in the US but with Pakistan as well. This latest proclamations of theirs is deceptive in that regard.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Let me tell you who helps Iran regarding bushehr power plant :

US (before the revolution) , China, Japan, UN.

Sure, buddy, you can loose the attitude as none was given to you and be a respectful individual by admitting you made, either by accident or through ignorance, a bad and false statement.

We can discuss Western help pre-revolution all we want, but the relevancy is in regards to their modern program is null since the pre-revolution program was obsolete and the expertise was minimal if not absent.

Now, talking of their modern program, I suggest maybe you do a Google search and realize without Russia providing experts and technical assistance (which includes the processes, knowledge, and expertise in enriching uranium along with actually providing enriched uranium as part of the Bushehr contract Iran would not be anywhere near where they are right now in their program or have the amount of enriched uranium that they do have. So yes, I was still talking about enriching uranium.

you cannot possibly claim that you know about my country better than me . what are you talking about brother ?

if russia helped Iran develop the enrichment capability then why did they vote FOR Iran's sanctions at the UN ? No mate , all of those "Experts" were in Iran because of a deal :

Money for completion of bushehr power plant .

now if you really think that i'm trying in any sort to fool you here , or to exaggerate my country's powers , feel free to ignore my posts in this thread .

Iranian enrichment capability is 100% Iranian . you can even guess it by our centrifuge's name :

IR-1 , IR-2 , ..... IR-6 .

Once again , the only russian "help" was completing bushehr power plant as a deal . not as a secret form of alliance .

if not , there is no reason to vote FOR our sanctions rather than vetoing them

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: ISeekTruth101

You hit exactly how I feel, I wouldn't trust the Saudi and their wahabi wants for the rest of the world under any circumstances. They are spreading terrorism though the mosques and immams they are sending out around the world. It is a very sick country despite its show of wealth and utterly spoiled immature young men. Their armed forces may have the best of everything, but the men operating them are quite another matter in comparison to most armed forces.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

Saudi Arabia is very well known for sponsoring terror, what else can you do with all the wealth that the feudal monarchy have thanks to the US propping them out as an oil giant in the region.

Under The Wahhabi-Salafi ideology acts of terrorism in the name of religion are not only right but a duty including dying for it.

Yes they really need the rights to nuclear weapons.

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Why shouldn't Saudi Arabia have nukes. They obviously only want them for defensive use and/or as a deterent right?

One state sponsor of terrorism should have them, but another shouldn't? That hardly seems fair.

Isn't being fair and equalitable the new battlecry of the Western world?

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: haman10 Sorry, cannot stand it...all of their enrichment technology came from the sand and ancient texts...really, they just automatically knew how to handle uranium?? enrichment, containment all of it? typical BS...your post are always linear...(as mine are)...you cannot reverse engineer this technology, unlike planes, drones and weapons...

edit on 14-5-2015 by teslahowitzer because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join