It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan hit with 6.8 earthquake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Hi
Northeast honshu has been hit by a 6.8 earthquake. I don't think fukishima is affected but the story is only developing. No tsunami has been issued as of yet.
Hope everyone is safe.
link

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Interesting, I just got done watching a YouTube video by dutchsinse. He posited NE Japan as an area to watch for a 6.0 or larger mag quake in the next 7 days.

Of course, he calls a lot of areas, but he was watching both extreme south and this area (north) of Japan.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Finally,
I was about to post something because I didn't see anything, surprisingly.
S+F! These earthquakes are getting very strange, indeed.

~Sovereign

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: SovereignEve

There are a lot of theories being thrown around as to what's causing the activity many of them unusual to say the least. But when it comes down to it these are ordinary men women and children who are being effected by this and need as much aid as possible.

I really hope this may be the end of the hightened activity for a while. ...but unfortunately I think more could be due.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I have only recently found this guy on youtube. I had just finished watching that video when I got the alert for the 6.8, it made my heart sink.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: liteonit6969

They just can't catch a break!

Any updates on possible tsunamis? There is definitely more earthquake activity than in the past. Interesting times we live in!

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Now I'm curious if this could be a Foreshock to something bigger. So many volcanoes going off, so much tectonic activity.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: sarahxfrancis

I haven't watched him enough to know if he's reliable or not. It was just weird to think that I'd just watched him say, "Watch this area ..." And then I see this.

That part of the world has had enough shaking I think between the two in Nepal and now this. I hope it's not a big issue when the dust clears.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Sadly Dutch isn't really a hit around here as a rule, but I myself think he deserves a little more credit than he does receive. There have been many times he has been spot on, and yes off as well, but I think he would actually be on the plus side as far as numbers go for predictions of earthquakes and where they may be striking with a certain time.

I know he was posting about the recent eruptions of the west coast, Oregon, Washington area long before anyone else was mentioning it. This was just in the last week give or take a couple days. Thought about mentioning it here, but wasn't up for the poopoo that usually follows around here when he is mentioned. Kind of sad really. Makes you wonder how many other discoveries or things go unmentioned just because of the bully mentality that can occur here and people just don't want to be bothered .

Back to the post, I also wonder if this may be a precursor to something bigger in that region.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
After reading this: Deep part of Cascadia fault so slippery sun, moon trigger tremors

I worry that we who live here may be due for the big one this fall or winter or sometime in the near future thereafter.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Rumbling from ocean trenches could be sign that Japan faces mega earthquake (posted 24hr before the quake)... I'm wondering if the ocean trenches are still rumbling.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: liteonit6969

I'm just hoping that 'Fukishima' doesn't get hit again.

Also... whats going on with all these quakes in quick succession??

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: onehuman
Sadly Dutch isn't really a hit around here as a rule, but I myself think he deserves a little more credit than he does receive. There have been many times he has been spot on, and yes off as well, but I think he would actually be on the plus side as far as numbers go for predictions of earthquakes and where they may be striking with a certain time.

I know he was posting about the recent eruptions of the west coast, Oregon, Washington area long before anyone else was mentioning it. This was just in the last week give or take a couple days. Thought about mentioning it here, but wasn't up for the poopoo that usually follows around here when he is mentioned. Kind of sad really. Makes you wonder how many other discoveries or things go unmentioned just because of the bully mentality that can occur here and people just don't want to be bothered .

Back to the post, I also wonder if this may be a precursor to something bigger in that region.

You have basically said what I was going to, so thanks for that as it saved me a bit of typing.
I know many think Dutch just spouts off and makes so many predictions that at least 1 must be right, but I suggest that you go back and look at the last couple of his vids on Youtube.
He is getting his predictions right and if you listen to what is said, it does make some sense.
It's at least worth looking into, even out of curiosity.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   
They said on the news this morning, that this was an aftershock from 2012.

Can they really have aftershocks that long after?
Guess I will head to the EQ thread and ask too.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom
ggggrrrrrr, hasn't been 4 hours!!!!! (to edit post!)

I meant 2011, the big one.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Is it normal for there to be that large of a quake with no smaller quakes before or after? Should they be waiting for another quake?
a reply to: chiefsmom

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: SovereignEve

I am expecting a big one (7.5 plus), moderate to shallow depth (~20km's) in or around the subduction zone of the Cascades, probably Vancouver/Seattle areas, but very possibly more south into Oregon. It seems a bit overdue considering the activity in the Pacific rim.

ETA: I just scrolled up and noticed JadeStar is thinking the same kind of thing ;-)

Cheers - Dave
edit on 5/13.2015 by bobs_uruncle because: the ETA

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I lived in Japan (Honshu - just S.W. of Tokyo) for three years (83-86) The place always had earthquakes. Tons of 4-6 pointers. 'They' have been saying for decades that Tokyo was going to get hit by 'the big one' and disappear into the Pacific Ocean. So far .. it's still there.

new topics

top topics

join