It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Travel, a lifetimes worth of research- "thrown away"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Friends..
i was Disturbed last night,
when i read a Friends post, without names, i quote>

"""Today I threw out all my father's original notes,
equations and writings about time travel,
which he believed to be possible.
He also had backup material by physicists from the 17th to 20th centuries.
Now I'm having serious second thoughts,
even though it's hard to decipher his handwriting.
Should I fish these gems out before it's too late?""

my stomach Churns.....

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: darrman I am sure your stomach must be sour. Now chase that pig into the sea.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: darrman

If just he could go back in time and undo what he has done... oh well

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Well did you tell them Hell yes?
Did they do it?

Am I missing something?

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Should I fish these gems out before it's too late?""

They're obviously not gone for ever if the option is there to retrieve them.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I do think that time travel is possible but only for information transmission. A person could not go. Now, if there were receivers to recreate something on both ends, it might be possible to send some sort of signal to recreate something on the other side, but the change of location limits the ability to directly access time travel. Everything is constantly shifting and would need correcting way above any technology we could create in hundreds of years. Teleporting would also be hard unless you used a conductor to transmit,

A dream gets tossed into the trash, how sad. All that work might have been able to be used for something else that could be important.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I do think that time travel is possible but only for information transmission. A person could not go. Now, if there were receivers to recreate something on both ends, it might be possible to send some sort of signal to recreate something on the other side, but the change of location limits the ability to directly access time travel. Everything is constantly shifting and would need correcting way above any technology we could create in hundreds of years. Teleporting would also be hard unless you used a conductor to transmit,

A dream gets tossed into the trash, how sad. All that work might have been able to be used for something else that could be important.

Scientist believe teleportation is going to be a possibility... now let's say, you send a person from point A to point B. Now leave them in the "cloud" for 50 years. Hold their particles up before reaching their Point B destination. That would be considered time travel. Once the A&B points are established, it's also possible to go back and forth.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

You couldve donated it all to your closest college or university.

Stupid....absolutely assinine thing to do....for the world of research and him.

Sad

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I do not believe that time travel is possible. Suppose you studied, went to school, got a job with a high tech company, and had some talent of your own for science. Suppose you decided that all of your problems in life were caused by that one event in college, and you decided to build a time machine to go back in time and prevent it.

So you rev up the time machine, and you succeed in preventing the event that motivated you to create the time machine in the first place. What would that do? Would that create a temporal paradox where you were caught in an endless loop of reliving the time between experiencing the event in the past and preventing that event?

If time travel were possible, what would stop someone from going back in time to make World War II come out differently?

That would put in motion a series of events that might result in your time machine not having been invented, and again, would that create a temporal paradox and a resulting endless loop between events?

What if you went back in time and were extremely careful not to harm anything for fear it might change a major event in the future? What if, despite your extreme care, even getting dirt from the past on your boots changes the future, and, yes, prevents your time machine from being invented? Temporal paradox?

This is why I do not think time travel is possible, unless there exists some undiscovered scientific law that nothing in the past can be changed.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Good thing he has that valuable 17th century information, back when time travel was an every day occurrence.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   

are you going to post his research and equations?

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Maybe he saw it as his father losing his mind searching for an unobtainable goal and just though it was better to be rid of it.
Damn shame though and the first though to my mind was correct or not the burning of the library of alexandria.

I actually however think Linear Time travel is an impossibility as you are part of the time stream at any given point in your existance, however non linear time travel is a possibility though the mechanism may be more to do with adjusting quantum resonance and may require the entire energy of a (true as opposed to a brown hole) black hole's formation for a single time phase displacement.

Example a guy goes back in time to change the future, what he does not realize is that his time stream remain's unchanged but he has by his interaction changed the quantum state of that point in time and created a branching reality in which he has simply appeared in the time stream at this point.
Also the time point he would be able to travel to is not the same time stream but a lower energy (quantum) side reality that is accessible but behind in it's relative point like delayed echoes that exist on a broader but lower amplitude quantume frequency, the model of this if you could see a prime reality time stream would be like a parasol, the tip of the parasol is the prime time stream's point of flow while the further out the wider the parasol but the slightly further back behind that point these echo ring time stream's are.
Gravity also play's it's part, since you would not be really traveling into your own past though what would be the point, still a mechanism that could read these quantum echose and replay past event's would be invaluable for forensic and historical research.

top topics

join