It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama Tells Black Grads That White People Make Life Tough

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: wanderingconfusion

Her, and her hubby and a few of their cronies do the same thing.

The title for that, I believe is 'race-baiting'. They do the same thing with 'class' and gender.

Most politicians who want to implement some other form of Gov't (usually Marxism, or something very far left like that) - to get the people pitted one against the other, and cause problems that the the people mistakenly think that the 'gov't can fix it, or should have control over it'.

It's a ploy for ill-gained power, thinly veiled at that.

Shame on them, and shame on those who vote for trash like that. Trash is the ideals they are pushing, the rights they want to squash/remove, and the unbridled power they seem to want to designate to people who have time and again proven beyond any doubt that they cannot and should not be trusted. Well paid narcissistic criminals, who were voted to represent us, when they got in office, they mistakenly think they were voted in to rule us...and then that sneaky little corruption gets in there and that's where the oligarchy steals more than anyone cares to admit or face up to. They'd much rather lash out at those who point it out and keep their heads in the proverbial sands...

Anti-American, and certainly not empowering tactics or language....for shame on them....but despite that, they have no shame....

posted on May, 14 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

And what's ever going to convince a person they're not a victim if they imagine themselves to be? Realistically? Because those people certainly exist. Especially when the most popular political ideology in the World nurtures such feelings.

If they're a failure or what some might consider a failure, will they one day just wake up and face the music when they've lived their whole life thinking they've been handicapped because of others? Will they lower their own opinion of themselves and realize that absolutely everything that goes on in their lives is the result of their choices, including circumstances directly out of their control(because of karma)?

Pfft..

American black culture seems completely infatuated with the idea of being victims and guilty white liberals are indulging this dynamic in increasingly bizarre displays of "tolerance"(pssst: it's really condescension). They're so caught up with "being black" it's getting increasingly hard to not tire with it because with that label comes the myopic pretension of "owning" hardship and with it the feeling of being owed something. It's always a race thing and they're always self consciously black and everything is seen through that black lense.. sorry, through those locs.

It's tedious and old. Nothing else.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: spacedog1973

originally posted by: Merinda

originally posted by: christophoros
a reply to: Merinda

you know why Asians strive in America because they held on to their culture and traditions and actually know who they are. They also don't try to fit in they know exactly who they are. The system was also not built on their blood sweat and tears. They were oppressed all the way up to the 1970s so what your implying is wrong as well they just recently started the social mobility upwards.

When was the last time an asian robbed a black owned store?

Thats a ridiculous question steeped in ignorance. Do you think there are no Asians in prison, on probation? Asian Criminals? Have you not heard of the Triads? Yakuza? Remind me if I am wrong, but these are organised crime Asian syndicates.

On the common criminal level, Asians make up significant crime statistics, simply due to misunderstanding of what constitutes the Asian experience. Dependent on what part of Asia, people hail, their experiences and criminality and fortunes vary. Anyone familiar in even a basic level of Asian cultures would understand this. The Asian model minority myth is just that; a myth. It also does a massive disservice to many Asian communities who are struggling and don't fit the stereotype. They often don't get the support that they need due to widespread ignorance that they don't need it.

We also know that crime is committed mostly within communities. Most robbers of Asian stores within Asian communities will be Asian, likewise whites in white communities and blacks in black ones. On Native American reservations, the majority of criminals will be..... native Americans. Its not rocket science: people tend to commit crimes where they live and toward whom they know.

This thread is an embarrassment to ATS.

I have to respond to this...

I'm not saying it's not a form of "Racism" but a "positive" stereotyping is not nearly as bad as a Negative one. I'm Jewish and I share a bit of both walking around. I'm not upset all when people "think" i'll make them money lol and hire me on that stereo type and I can't say... that stereo types don't often exist because there "IS" truth to them by percentage of result in behavior.

Asians ARE the lowest number of crimes per capita in the USA, they DO have the highest per capita income and have overtaken Caucasians and now even us Jews

The Stereo Type... siiigh, it does suck to be on the wrong end of it but, in HS when highest testing scores was awarded it was ME the Jew and an Asian Kid, My sons Debate team 22 years later championship went to my son a Jew and an Asian girl...

And I have to be honest, i've never seen the Jewish or Asian community in the States that "wasn't getting the help it needed" lol, that's almost funny... I was thrown out of my house when I said "I don't want to be a Doctor" lol

Sure it exists, there Are "some" that screw up... There is a Yakuza there's a Jewish Mafia too, they don't "mug" anyone though lol, maybe smuggle Diamonds lol... or commit insider trading and things like that "invisible" crimes, I know I have a lot of library books I never returned...

I'm sure there are Hindu criminals too, I used to get ritalin from one to help me study in college but we never handled bath salts rofl...

Significant "crime statistics"?

Look I understand the point you're trying to make...

BUT

Murder and nonnegligent manslaughter Asian 1.2% Black 28.1%

Rape Asian 1.2% Black 49.4%

Robbery Asian 1.0% Black 54.9%

www.fbi.gov... is/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2012/crime-in-the-u.s.-2012/tables/43tabledatadecoverviewpdf

Now on the list the Caucasian Totals are including Hispanics

Now there are 15 Million Asians and 38 Million African Americans a little more than 2x as Many African Americans but 1/50th the Rapes, Murders and Robberies...

So, please let's not "make things up" to make our points... these "Significant Asian Crime Statistics" do NOT exist. In FACT they barely register. The Yakuza... they fight Wolverine in the movies.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: WarminIndy

And that's only three. Would you like more?

Why is a black person being against Obama treated like it's some how more relevant?

Black people can be conservative, they can be uninformed, they can think Obama is not liberal enough. They are not a hive mind believe it or not. Their opinion means as much to me, as any other person you could randomly pull off the streets.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: criticalhit

Asians are not a group like African Americans are a group. If you think there is any commonality between Chinese, Iranians, Japanese, Koreans, Philippines etc etc and any group that come from the Asian continent and then comparing them to such a unified group as Africa Americans, you have much learning to do.

As already said; this thread is a embarrassment.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
As a black man, I find the fact that you believe that African Americans are some kind of unified, hive mind to be a laughable opinion that reeks of ignorance. There are several different layers to the black American community, stemming from different ethnic backgrounds, socio economic backgrounds, etc. Just because you see a bunch of hoodlums rioting doesn't mean that we all stand behind them or agree. Grow up.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: supremecommander

I should think that that would be understood.

No group as large as Black, or Asians for that matter, are going to be unified on any issue. No more than whites or any other group.

It's ignorance at its finest to think otherwise, and would go for to explain why matters stand as they do.

Now is it just plain unknowing ignorance, or willful? Hmmm...

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

It would appear to be unknowing ignorance, i was referring to this post:

originally posted by: spacedog1973
a reply to: criticalhit

Asians are not a group like African Americans are a group. If you think there is any commonality between Chinese, Iranians, Japanese, Koreans, Philippines etc etc and any group that come from the Asian continent and then comparing them to such a unified group as Africa Americans, you have much learning to do.

As already said; this thread is a embarrassment.

I'm not sure if that was just plain not understanding that African Americans, or Black Americans are not some unified group comprised of one thing, just like Asians, Whites, and Hispanics have multiple ethnic breakdowns and are not all unified. West Indian Americans have distinct cultural and ethnic differences with Black Americans that are strictly "American" and vice versa. Yet, we're all the same?? Ridiculous. Are Chinese-Americans and Japanese-Americans the same because they are Asian-Americans? No.

It is kind of aggravating the way that black americans are all lumped in as one and judged the same, whereas other ethnicities are not.

edit on 17-5-2015 by supremecommander because: adding on

edit on 17-5-2015 by supremecommander because: editing

posted on May, 17 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: supremecommander
a reply to: seagull

It is kind of aggravating the way that black americans are all lumped in as one and judged the same, whereas other ethnicities are not.

Now would be a fun time to interject this....When a mixed child was born on the plantation and could "pass" for white...that is what they did..

DNA can only spot African American ancestry going back maybe 200 years at most...

"In South Carolina at least 13 percent of self-identified whites have 1 percent or more African ancestry, while in Louisiana the number is a little more than 12 percent. In Georgia and Alabama the number is about 9 percent. The differences perhaps point to different social and cultural histories within the south.”

www.theroot.com...

No doubt a whole lot of White racists in the USA have an African American Great-Great-Great Grandparent..

White supremacist finds out he's part African
www.youtube.com...
edit on 17-5-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

I think we're being herded towards a race war.

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Well you cant blame her. She is just the wife of the President.

HE earned his place in office i suppose but she is just a wife!!

She has not earned anything except for whatever stay at home wives do!!

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Truth heals all wounds be it from the most prominent or lowly position.

Unsettling ethnic differences exists and thrives even within each of our own skin color or status quo just as much as those of other races, gender, kept by social name labeling to make everything separate from one group split into another group of separation.

It can only be healed "by calling the kettle black" when opinion says that what's inside only stirs up and brews negative views. It is. It is the truth and it is a huge negative that this world just wants to be lied to so it doesn't appear so.

So we need to get over are lack of acceptance for all our widely diverse differences and then we won't hear those comments any more.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I couldn't find anything objectionable in her speech. What's being discussed here doesn't match the quotes of what she said. It seems like a typical "inspire the graduates" speech.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join