It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Universe A Matrix Computer Game Designed By Aliens, Say NASA

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Well, if we're in like Tron let's hack the system from the inside.
Or maybe that is the intent. we learn to exit the maze and get to join the big players?
So where do they reside? Anybody got an address? Maybe across the street from God?
Seems like they could be good neighbors, giving their separate by very similar past-times of playing intricate games.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
yournewswire.com...

British philosopher Nick Bostrom says he believes that the reality we perceive around us may be the product of a highly-advanced computer program, much like the plot of the Matrix movies – and surprisingly NASA have said they agree with him.

Dr Bostrom proposed in a paper he wrote that an evolved race of aliens have imprisoned the human-race in what he refers to as a “digital imprisonment”.

These aliens, or super-humans, are using virtual reality to simulate space and time, according to Bostrom

- See more at: yournewswire.com...

I for one am really tired of this game. Sometime I truly feel that my mind, my actions are being directed by something else. Thanks a lot NASA for making me even more uncomfortable.

Speaking to Vice the NASA scientist said, “Right now the fastest NASA supercomputers are cranking away at about double the speed of the human brain …If you make a simple calculation using Moore’s Law [which roughly claims computers double in power every two years], you’ll find that these supercomputers, inside of a decade, will have the ability to compute an entire human lifetime of 80 years – including every thought ever conceived during that lifetime – in the span of a month.” - See more at: yournewswire.com...

So NASAs super computers are only double the speed of the human brain? From my observations....that's not very fast! People can't even think fast enough to use their turn signals BEFORE they start their turn.

Tho I kinda think the "matrix theory" makes the most sense. I'm pretty sure the article is bs ( my guess with zero research :p) .

Why I think it's BS:

I'm pretty sure none of the present computers can touch the human brain (weather einstien or kardashian). You brain not only handles the emotions, memory storage and other mental facilities. It controles EVERYTHING your body does! Every protien released ever electrical signal sent.

Also, where the hell did the "held hostage by aliens and held in virtual reality" part come from?!?! Why would you need one?!? I'll explain why that seems crazy to me next.

Why I Like the "Matrix" type theories:

1: We are all fundamentally just energy.

2: The slit double slit experiment. There is no need to run the program without anyone to observe it. For my fellow nerds.... There is no need to run a world of war craft instance, when no players are in it. The program is still there and will activate if someone loads the dungeon.

So I think (think not believe) we are like the ISO's from tron legacy. A spontaneous event in the programming. Or maybe the npc's but I don't see any reason or method to the madness so........

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Personally, I have had a very vivid dream, where I was in this dark red room, with an endless row of computers going to the left and to the right of me, and every screen had someone sitting behind it. I stood up and turned away, when an entity approached me, and asked what I was doing, and stated that I was not done yet and I should sit back down. I felt extremely calm and just listened to him. Weirdest dream I have ever had. Really changed my thoughts on reality.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Next weeks winning lotto numbers please Mr super-human overlords or it isn't happening.....

So, all you buggers reading this are reading something already thought of and I am typing something programmed into my "subconscious" and it is not actually my thoughts but that of alien/God/Super-human overlords and everything we understand and have been taught is a big fat lie and we have been deliberately deceived.......I KNEW IT!!!

I will remember that when posting replys in the future.

edit on 10-5-2015 by Sublimecraft because: until then I go la la la la la la

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gully
Graphics: 9/10
Storyline: 5/10
Fun Factor: 6/10

Could use a few patches here and there, but overall, an OK job.

There does seem to be plenty of glitches...And the characters A.I. don't seem very well developed. Hopefully the sequel is better!

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Yes and when the "real" beings enter the program to interact with it, via avatar, of course they have have various levels of "God Mode" activated, which from our perspective gives us the "gods" "ufos" some of our crypto zoology, mythical beasts, religions, some of our other mysteries and strange sightings...

One of the bravest ones entered without God mode and lived life as a regular program, only using some of the godmode powers to help others, and that was Jesus. Only he is qualified to judge us after death, being the only one to experience the full effect of the program. Well, not the Jesus we know (avatar of this reality/construct) but the "Father" (real) version...

Of course, there have been times when someone goofed around with the Matrix unauthorized... the "Tricksters". They brought us some of our "time slip" cases, dissappearances, demonic possessions, abductions, poltergeists, and other mysterious encounters. Some of these are just programs created by a trickster god.

There are some of the "real" people who think they should take it easy on the ones inside the program. Even if it's not real, they claim there is psychological damage. The scientific ones say the harvest will be of higher quality when using a harsher program. Still others believe that they should never intervene, while others prefer to live in the program for long periods of time, personally seeing to their flock. Throughout the ages various "political parties" with different beliefs and principles have had control over our reality, resulting in the various "ages" of humanity where things were drastically different with gods living among humans, vimanas, wizards, giants, monsters...

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I was having an interesting conversation with an associate a few weeks ago where we discussed the difficulties of making AI behave and the inability to code in Isaac Asimov's Rules of Robotics. True AI could have a number of dangerous outcomes because the machine learns in ways we can't control or program controls for. If a machine learns like a human, then its 'brain' is next to impossible to decode into meaningful code for us because it would be a vast set of experience filters- a true neural network- that we could insert prime directives into no more easily than we can insert prime directives into a human brain.

Then the thought occurred to me- "We could put the AI into a simulation to teach it morals and to value life. If it didn't learn those things in the simulation and encode them into its neural network, then we wouldn't load it into a physical body." It was a bit of a creepy moment when I remembered the possibility that our reality could be a simulation. It could help explain religion. If you learn some morals in this life that are consistent with the robot rules, then maybe, just maybe you'll be loaded onto a service robot when you die. If you don't, then you may just be deleted.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   
We should figure out how to hack it and shut it down or possess/mind-control its owners/programmers.

There was a scientist many years back who figured out in subatomic particles that it possesses an error-control logic which is similar to implemented error control codes in nearly all professionally done computer software.

Artificial Intelligence (AI) researchers also postulated to evaluate an AI to determine if it will do harm or good must be placed in an artificial or simulated environment.

We humans could be this Artificial Intelligence being evaluated by our programmers in this simulated universe that if we suitably pass this test, be transplanted to a real machine in their real world.

The irony of this is that we are doing exactly the same thing in AI research.
edit on 11-5-2015 by johndeere2020 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

Ironically if true that will be the easiest explanation for the universe.

Wow when I read this post I had a Deja vu. No joke Creeping me out.lol

Great thread.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

You might be better at writing the script for the movie than I am.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Who's to say that they even look at us?

This theory is always fun to think about, and the theory could make sense.
Look, imagine if we created a super massive computer, made a program that simulates a "big bang" or whatever, and just press fast forward 1-4-15billion years, and see what happened. We could get ALL ideas from unlimited minds, thats so cool.

Imagine what we could learn innless than 1 hour, looking for the best ideas.

Maybe they look at earth, and think "meh, seen better"

I wonder if they press fast forward for long enough, that there maybe will be a civilization so wise that they figured out how to get to the "real reality"?

And then again, are that the real reality? Maybe there have been created unlimited numbers of realities already.
Woah my head hurts.
edit on 5/11/2015 by ypperst because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Can self-awareness exist inside a computer simulation or a hologram? I doubt that.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Simulation or time travel?
Maybe we are all actually living in a distant galaxy on a advanced planet light years away.
Connected to a quantum Wifi device that can send consciousness light years away to a inhabited planet called Earth. I would guess it might be difficult to send a large amount of memory or data that far into space. So it's quite possible that some of the data either never completely downloads or perhaps the human mind can only hold so much information. If NASA can connect to this simulation, maybe we could open a direct line of communication. The truth might be stranger then we could even imagine.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Time for a real cleanup at NASA! They already begun trying getting them rid of the Church of Warmingology Priests present there.

NASA shall focus on what it is supposed to be: National Aeronautics and Space Administration. With it's focus principally on SPACE and its access.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   
it would be funny if we got to the end of our existence and a message comes up saying..... level 2

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gully
Storyline: 5/10
Fun Factor: 6/10

Could use a few patches here and there, but overall, an OK job.

Storyline: 9/10
Fun Factor: 2/10

That's my review so far.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Here's a trippy thought. What if we live in a simulation where whatever alien gods created us live is also a simulation created by some higher life form than them? We could be living in simulations of simulations of simulations.. And so on. Where did it all start is the question that bends my mind.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Intelligent design of some sort: yes
computer game: too much of an Earth parameter and pointless
designed by aliens: certainly higher forces that use beings humanity perceives as 'aliens'
dimensional attributes: probably
interactive: yes
is there a purpose: yes
is the 'higher power / aliens' in control: yes

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: LostWoods

For my SYS (A level+) Art at school, I did a painting of a side of a house, on the house in the painting was was the painting of the house I did, on that house was the same painting, on that house was the same painting, ad infinitum. A visual representation of dimensional realities /holographic universe / multiverse possibilities.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 03:07 AM
link   

I find it funny they mention the Fermi paradox and missing aliens when in fact we have thousands and maybe millions of witnesses over time that have attested to being witness to extraterrestrial visitors. They probably don't give a hoot about us because humans are a freaking plague. We would destroy them for profit or something else horrible. I just hope I live long enough to witness them tell us finally what we've known all along. How pathetic our existence would be to an empty universe....I think the simulation theory will pass, but it is very intriguing.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join