It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion IS Malware

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
LOL, This is just the standard Evangelical Atheist rhetoric. This should be a rant

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Evangelical Atheist: An evangelical atheist is one who not only believes there is no god or other supreme being, but is obsessed with convincing everyone around them to become an atheist too, usually through hard-line intolerance (the kind they accuse other religions of).
When cornered they usually try to put down their opponent's religion and bash them for 'blind faith', not realizing that their belief that there is no god is no more or less valid or provable than the other guy's belief that there is one.

The New Atheists see religion as a disease to be exterminated. Their dream, in short, is not a government neutral to religion, but a government actively hostile to religion. The evangelical atheists assume that religion must inevitably breed mindless fanaticism. Countering that image means not just answering the atheists’ arguments against God, but also correcting their false impressions of religion.

This is just crap. What they're talking about are anti-theists, not atheists. Being an atheist does not require one to be anti-theist. Though it's true, there are a growing number of atheists that are indeed anti-theist/anti-religionist.
edit on 5/10/2015 by Klassified because: grammar

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

The truth is you are all infected with a malicious virus called religion and the only way to rid this world of this virus is to REBOOT and REPROGRAM your silly operating systems! 

Fortunately, this will happen soon with or without your assistance! Better for you if you accept this sooner rather than later!

You sound like ISIS here, minus the Allah stuff.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

The truth is you are all infected with a malicious virus called religion and the only way to rid this world of this virus is to REBOOT and REPROGRAM your silly operating systems! 

Fortunately, this will happen soon with or without your assistance! Better for you if you accept this sooner rather than later!

You sound like ISIS here, minus the Allah stuff.

Doesn't sound any worse than what Christianity has been preaching for 2000 years.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Not to be confused with normal atheists/agnostics, who for the most part just don't talk about religion and accept the beliefs of those around them as their prerogative.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

No. Don't confuse Christians for Catholics.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

But aren't Catholics Christians? Or are they not "true Scotsmans"?

The RCC is the institution that has had the biggest impact on Christianity today. Without it, we may not have the bible today. They had a huge hand in its preservation after all.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree
a reply to: rickymouse

Possibly some religions have a benefit, but only one religion do I find that exist on this planet that does not actually kill in the name of GOD! Care to know which one?

Jehovah's Witnesses?

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

No. Don't confuse Christians for Catholics.

There are over 1 billion people in the world who identify as Catholic Christians. If they are not Christian. What are they? This is part of the problem with Christianity and Islam. They are even bigoted toward each other.
edit on 5/10/2015 by Klassified because: clarity

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

A Christian is someone who believes that Jesus died for our sins on the cross, and realizes that our salvation is based on faith alone, not works. I'm sure some Catholics believe that, but the Catholic doctrine does not teach it. While it may be politically correct to lump Catholics and Christians together, it isn't always accurate. Plus, many Catholics bow and pray to idols.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
It's seems appropriate to quote Einstein for this thread...

"Science without religion is lame (current state of the world), religion without science is blind (past state of the world).

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know - we are allowing private corporations and our goverments - to practice dangerous sciences (merely for human convenience) - that if they had any real ethical and moral oversight - wouldn't be occurring. Dumping toxic waste, creating bombs that can flatten an entire city, digging in our earth causing sinkholes and added instability to our crust's foundations.

Lame science - that if the world's religious organizations (as a voice of the people at the bottom) had any baring or say over - might not be being practiced.

Just my thoughts and attempt to bring in a debatable point.

CdT
edit on 10-5-2015 by CirqueDeTruth because: edit

edit on 10-5-2015 by CirqueDeTruth because: edit to add

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: johnwick
Then why complain about the New World Order, if it the same as the Old World Order?

Tower of babel- "look at these "men", they are of one mind and one purpose, there is nothing they deem to do they cannot accomplish. Let us go among gst them and confound their language and culture to keep them divided"

Seems to me you are comfortable with the Old World order of one religion, one language and one government, which is what you are really saying in your criticism of the Tower of Babel.

From what you just posted, you have shown us the truth of the Tower of Babel being One World, so if God destroyed the Old World Order and you like the Old World Order, then the New World Order should be right up your alley.

Hmmm, Old World Order, New World Order, just the same thing. So you don't mind that God should destroy that, but that man is attempting to bring it back?

How many New World Order conspiracy threads do you find yourself in commenting about it?

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Religion IS Malware

Well said!

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Religion is not an entity. It is a particular style of worship and belief. People follow religions because they think that particular belief system is the truth about reality.

If your GOD and religion is so great then how come it ask you to choose between one or the other?

Because truth cannot contradict?

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope
That is easy really, the why is because they are the pawns on the game board. The game board is not the same now as it was over the last 600 years. A good overall look, is at least over a thousand years, I would say. there is a big monastery about half an hour a way from me, when turning it in to a top hotel. Many bodies where found hanging along an extensive wall. As you say, today it is not so. Lets hope it stays that way.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

My problem is that any religion exists period. They only cause separation...and false doctrines that are unnecessary for us to know what is right and wrong...we already have this knowledge, so why is religion even an option? Do you know what is the right way to behave? I do. I did not need to be raised in a fake religion. For the record, I am from a Jewish family and I adhered to these silly religious practices for decades and it was only to appease my parents, but I came to the realization that my friends were people that I love regardless of their religion and any choices I make about love for other's does not require me to be Jewish...just requires me to LOVE!

Tell them the truth, you are STILL Jewish, aren't you?

See, just because you don't follow the religion, you are a secular Jew, but you have the convenience of still being Jewish regardless of how secular you are.

You know this as well as I. Tell them, the truth is, YOU are still Jewish regardless of whether or not you follow the religion.

YOU have the benefit of still being accepted as a Jew by your family and the Jewish community, no matter how secular you might become. And your bobe and zaidie, they would still consider you Jewish, wouldn't they?

YOU have the benefit of still being part of the community, no matter what other religion (except Christianity) or non-religion you might entertain. So tell them the truth, like Richard Gere, you could be a Bu-Jew and still be Jewish. You can be a an atheist and still be a Jew. You can follow anything (except Christianity) and still be a Jew.

And this has caused one of the greatest heartaches for those of us who are descended from Sephardi or atheist Ashkenazi Jews, WE who are Christian and identify with our Jewish ancestry but because of men who left the religion, their children could not identify with it, even though it is in our genetics. But then, the identity of maintaining Jewish identity was put upon the women, your mother is Jewish therefore you are. And your ideology left a lot of the rest of us not being accepted because even though YOU are Jewish, by your own secularism and turning away, your descendants were left to the side with no way of claiming identity, even though you benefit from it.

I am assuming you were bar-mitzvahed as adhering to your parents' and families, and the Jewish community, YOU are still, according to Judaism, are Halakha Jewish.

I am not being anti-Semitic or anti-Jewish, but just because you say you do not follow the religion, that does not negate your Jewish identity in any way. Now, for people like me, I am not Halakha Jewish, but if you married a Halakha Jew, your children would be Halakha Jewish, but I am not, even though I have the same genetic markers that are Ashkenazi, but it doesn't matter, even if I am a religious person, I am not Halakha, and yet you are, even though you are secular.

Why do you not tell the people here that no matter where you go in the world, even to Israel, you still benefit being a member of the Jewish community?

Self Delusions of Secular Jews

The problem you encounter is that some people who don't know Judaism will find your words to contain some nuggets for anti-Semitism, and for this, I then end up defending secular Jews in their right to not follow the religion, knowing that you still have the benefit of being identified as Jewish to the Jewish community.

This is a terrible Catch-22. And the rabbis know this, you know this, I know this and your bobe just loves you, even though you are breaking your mother's heart.

You survived a Jewish mother, she still loves you even though you are secular. But your children and their children, would you allow them to know of their Jewish identity and ancestry? You won't be able to hide it from them forever.

I hope you don't think I am being anti-Jewish, not at all, I really defend your right to be who you are, but my advice is, please don't allow your posts expressing your secularism to lead others to anti-Semitism.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

A Christian is someone who believes that Jesus died for our sins on the cross, and realizes that our salvation is based on faith alone, not works.

Actually that would be a Paulian...

Not a Christian

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

No such thing as a Pauline doctrine. Paul taught the same Gospel as the other NT writers.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

A Christian is someone who believes that Jesus died for our sins on the cross, and realizes that our salvation is based on faith alone, not works. I'm sure some Catholics believe that, but the Catholic doctrine does not teach it. While it may be politically correct to lump Catholics and Christians together, it isn't always accurate. Plus, many Catholics bow and pray to idols.

Two points.

That salvation is based on faith alone has been argued since Christianity came into being. And secondly, the Catholic church revised that in 1996. Most(not all) of the Catholic church believes in salvation by faith alone, including the pope himself. Several protestant ministers have been telling Christians "the protest is over" for quite some time now. You may want read up on that. If you're a fundamentalist, of course you're going to say they're false teachers. Whatever the case, the pope agrees with you, and therefore is a Christian, even by your standards.
edit on 5/10/2015 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

Faith alone is purely Paulian doctrine...

Jesus taught nothing of the sort... He did say believe and you will have eternal life...

Belief requires action or its nothing but words...

IF one believes in Jesus they do as he asked... and he did not ask for faith alone

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
The Pope tells the people what they want to hear. He'll say anything to "reunite" the denominations. The fact is, very few denominations (to my suprise) actually teach faith alone in Christ's sacrifice. In my recent experience, it seems that other denominations teach that salvation must be maintained by good works and such. That isn't Christianity. Those ideas are schisms that broke off during the Apostolic age, which resulted in the formation of the Roman Catholic Church.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join