It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion IS Malware

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

The Jesus of the Gospels appointed Apostles as authorities over the foundation of the Church. Not only did they all hold to Faith Alone, but they also believed in the OT (as did Jesus), which reinforces Faith Alone. You dont have authority to cherry pick the ideas you like, and say that you are a Christian. You can call yourself 'Christian-like'or 'almost Christian', if you want, but by the biblical standard Christians are Faith Alone.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Funny I could have sworn someone in the NT said Faith without works is dead....

Or in other words... NOT faith at all...

Feel free to follow Paul if you like... Most of the Christian world does, with little regard to the words of the man they claim to be God in the flesh...

And I never once claimed to be Christian...There is a good reason for that... Its called hypocrisy... As Ghandi said, I like your Christ... but I do not like your Christians, because they are nothing like their Christ...

Truly... More honest words have never been spoken

edit on 10-5-2015 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Whatever, we've had this conversation before, I don't see the need to repeat myself. And profound words aren't always honest words, sometimes they're just white washed.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Quite alright.... theres really no way around it, and honestly I believe you and most other people who actually study the bible know it, yet are blinded by so called "Christian theology"

Faith alone makes most of Christ's words null and void... but im sure you're ok with that because I have no idea what im talking about right?

Something to think about... Jesus said stick to the narrow path, and most of Christianity follows Paul, Not Christ even though that is their claim...

Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.

14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.

16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

But again.... Feel free to deny his very words

edit on 10-5-2015 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

In a world full of people trying to achieve some form of eternal security by good works, don't you think Faith Alone would be the narrow path? Just saying, that in itself sets Christianity apart from the rest of the world. But what do I know, I'm just a blind Christian Theist.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
a reply to: Klassified
The Pope tells the people what they want to hear. He'll say anything to "reunite" the denominations. The fact is, very few denominations (to my suprise) actually teach faith alone in Christ's sacrifice. In my recent experience, it seems that other denominations teach that salvation must be maintained by good works and such. That isn't Christianity. Those ideas are schisms that broke off during the Apostolic age, which resulted in the formation of the Roman Catholic Church.

On this we are in agreement. I do believe Christ taught salvation by faith, not works. There is much misunderstanding between what Jesus, Paul, and James taught on this subject. It is easy to think the three contradict each other, when they are actually in agreement. But that's a debate I have no desire to enter into. Been there. Done that before.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

What world do you live in??

The people in this world will have nothing to do with Good works... This is a disgusting world...

What sets Christianity apart is the hypocrisy in their ranks... Christians claim to follow Jesus yet will be the first to judge every person that is not one of them.... condemn anyone who disagrees with their theology... and outright insult people in most cases when they're backed into a corner...

Like I said, there is a reason I will not claim to be Christian... I will not associate myself with the likes of the so called "Christians" I've met in my life... There are far more False Christians in this world then there are ones that truly follow his words... In fact I've met Atheists that follow his words closer then 90% of the Christians out there.

Faith alone is not Christian... That being following the actual words he spoke...

That is Paulian Theology... but of course his doctrine is what created the religion anyways

They just need to rename it Paulianity

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I am not an atheist, I am if you need a word for it a SPIRITUALIST!

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I see a brainwashed system in religion!

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I live in a world where the wicked minority overpowers the peaceful majority...but either way, its all the same. The knowledge of Good and Evil is like the Left-Right paradigm in that they are two sides of the same coin. One man's good is another's evil. What Jesus taught was Divine Righteousness, which can only be attained by faith alone in Christ. I dont think you fail to see it, I think it offends you since you try to justify yourself by the works from your knowledge of Good (and Evil). Therefore, you have a cognitive dissonance to the subject of Faith Alone.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Actually no... its just that Christ did not teach "faith alone", its as simple as that...

Are you actually claiming that Christians are Righteous because they believe in Jesus?

Funniest thing I've heard all day... Like I said Faith requires action or it is nothing...

IF one believes in Jesus said person does what he asked... and he asked for a lot more then just faith

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

The Pope tells the people what they want to hear. He'll say anything to "reunite" the denominations. The fact is, very few denominations (to my suprise) actually teach faith alone in Christ's sacrifice. In my recent experience, it seems that other denominations teach that salvation must be maintained by good works and such. That isn't Christianity. Those ideas are schisms that broke off during the Apostolic age, which resulted in the formation of the Roman Catholic Church.

On this we are in agreement. I do believe Christ taught salvation by faith, not works. There is much misunderstanding between what Jesus, Paul, and James taught on this subject. It is easy to think the three contradict each other, when they are actually in agreement. But that's a debate I have no desire to enter into. Been there. Done that before.

Oops. For got to add. It isn't just the pope. It is written Catholic doctrine since 1996. And as to uniting the denominations... Are you saying Christians aren't supposed to be united? Didn't Jesus say in John 13: "By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.”

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Christians should be united based on what the bible teaches, not human politics.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Out of every religious person I've met, not one of them killed another in the name of their religion. In fact, most were friendly, charitable, and family orientated. Why isn't their malware causing them to kill and act evil?

Because they have sold all the value they have, to others who do all the killing for them, so that they can live in total and complete deception that they are on the side of GOD.

They do not realize that they are more dead than the meth heads stumbling around the streets, and they like it that way.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Aww, this is so cute. The ranting atheist and his/her cheerleaders. The only thing they hate more than religion itself is the freedom to think independently, which includes the freedom to believe.

Evangelical Atheism, the true cancer.

Ahhh, a new punchline for the militant Christian.

Many who are not atheists nor follow religions believe in ANY of the stories presented to us.

And some of us actually have the gall to tell everyone to their FACE that they actually know JACK.

Until any one of you try to find this GOD without using something that was to direct you towards something, you have not found anything.

I don't think you have either the courage, or the tools necessary to even begin to realize just how totally off every single religion, and thought patterns of science could be from the path of REALITY.

Sadly, this infection was built in nicely, by whatever you want to call the CREATOR, and likely it may have absolutely nothing to do with anything the people have been fed to believe here.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
LOL, This is just the standard Evangelical Atheist rhetoric. This should be a rant

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Evangelical Atheist: An evangelical atheist is one who not only believes there is no god or other supreme being, but is obsessed with convincing everyone around them to become an atheist too, usually through hard-line intolerance (the kind they accuse other religions of).
When cornered they usually try to put down their opponent's religion and bash them for 'blind faith', not realizing that their belief that there is no god is no more or less valid or provable than the other guy's belief that there is one.

The New Atheists see religion as a disease to be exterminated. Their dream, in short, is not a government neutral to religion, but a government actively hostile to religion. The evangelical atheists assume that religion must inevitably breed mindless fanaticism. Countering that image means not just answering the atheists’ arguments against God, but also correcting their false impressions of religion.

One way or another, we will get to see a world without your particular religion, and most likely all the rest even existing , or remembered.

And GOD or anyone else you imagine to be protecting it, can do a dam thing about it.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Christians should be united based on what the bible teaches, not human politics.

Granted. Now if they could only agree on what the bible teaches.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

I see a brainwashed system in religion!

Re- infers to do it over and over again, thus a flawed cycle that goes NOWHERE, it sounds about right.

The ones who created this place to be this way, are going to be punished, no doubt about it, and unfortunately most of the Christians will try and get in the way.........

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Actually no... its just that Christ did not teach "faith alone", its as simple as that...

Are you actually claiming that Christians are Righteous because they believe in Jesus?

Funniest thing I've heard all day... Like I said Faith requires action or it is nothing...

IF one believes in Jesus said person does what he asked... and he asked for a lot more then just faith

They only want to believe the part where he dies and is some personality that is now only to be called on when in what is perceived to be "demonic attack".

They insult, BADLY I might add, almost everything apparently this guy stood for, because they want to believe as you say, in the easy parts, and not make any effort to make themselves also as a "Son - or Daughter of GOD".

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Are you going to sit there and look at me with a straight face and tell me that there have not been any people in this world that have killed other people in the name of religion? Good for you that you have not met them, yet! Are you one of those people that celebrate Christmas? How about Passover? Both have killed and been killed in the name of GOD and whether you have met anyone or not does not mean KILLING has not occurred.

I didn't even imply that. But I am not going sit here with a straight face while someone says my Christian neighbor, who is 81, who volunteers at a nearby homeless shelter, maintains the community garden, and who has a penchant for playing Beethoven late into the night, is infected with some sort of malware and is in any way going to kill someone.

How many religious people do you personally know? And exactly how many of them have killed someone because of their religion? The answer should factor into your evidence for your premise. If the answer is at least close to zero, then no, religion is in no way a cause of murder. Is there correlation? Perhaps sometimes, but so is clothing, drugs, food, money, language, or anything you can think of. In other words, something else is the cause of murder.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join