It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Restaurant to host 'White Appreciation Day'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: LoverBoy

I sent you a message so as not to derail this topic.. but I think it is pertinent in some ways to the topic.. since the topic is about racism.

We had a school sanctioned mascot when I started high school... but we - the student body - did not feel the mascot adequately represented who we were as students.

So we petitioned the school to allow us to create our own mascot..

They decided we could.. and so all of us in the art class got together and after discussing it with everyone we knew.. created a "mean looking" alien blob..

It was about as mean looking as a cute bunny rabbit.. lol.. but we were all so very happy with it! hahaha..

When I went back to the school some 17 years later, they were still using it!

I think if the kids were allowed to create the mascots, we would have a much better idea of who the kids are, and what they want to represent them!

It probably isn't going to be a black this or a white that either in most cases I don't think..

I say this here, because kids, people today, are fed divisiveness and racism... I mean seriously.. what 14 - 17 year old kids wouldn't rather have an alien or a zombie for a mascot instead of a trojan (black or white) or an indian..

Divisiveness is fed to most, via the media, via parents who were fed it.. its not that inborn in most of us. I don't think any one race is better than another, nor does any race deserve special treatment above another, but if you are going to do it for one, then you should do it for all..

Not threaten to kill someone because they decided to appreciate one race.. we had that already during the civil rights movement.. and so now the pendulum has swung back again, this time trying to oppress another group, instead of learning what true equality really is.
edit on 10-5-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Where's my holiday?

Racists...

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I remember on 9-11 feeling a closeness and an American bond with all Americans---black, white, brown, yellow, red. I felt like I just wanted to gather them all up under the wings of the Eagle and hold them all close.

Under Barack Obama's "leadership", this country has gone backward. He had a grand opportunity to solidify this nation racially. He would never have come to the White House had it not been for the white vote putting faith and trust in him.

Sadly, he dropped the ball. It will take years to return to where we were. Because of his mouth and deep-seated prejudices, he rekindled racism rather than snuff it out for good. The Al Sharptons, Jessee Jacksons, Elija Cummings', and a host of others banded with him to keep the divide going. It was as if they were thinking that without the continued division, THEY wouldn't have a cause to exist.

Whites don't need a Day, or a Month of their own. We intuitively know that is not necessary. When the Blacks and Hispanics figure it out, they, too, will be appalled that they allowed players to push this kind of separation in the name of some kind of false pride.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

i'm not mad at you. i was irritated with the concept that white skin+american = slave owner. THAT IS STUPID. did you see that acorn guy who got caught involved in child sex slave rings? what the flip? we have SLAVES and are importing SLAVES? what about the prison system? if the democrats actually cared about the black community as anything other than a voting block, they would be helping the blacks get better, mentally, emotionally, but instead they are promoting "whitey=bad guy" theme, to the point of being vomit worthy.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

George washington carver is already taught about in history class, extremely intelligent black man, gave us all one of the worlds trust gifts, peanut butter.

Black and gay. I actually did a school report on him. I was into biographies.

I don't think he was in my history books, but that was in the 50s.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: undo
a reply to: johnwick

the real issue about the black situation is covered up by ignorance regarding medical issues relating to physical, mental and emotional problems. poverty breeds physical, mental and emotional issues. so does extreme wealth and power. these two are f'in dangerous when they form an united front, because they are both suffering with medical problems that need to be addressed but are not, because it's advantageous to the very rich, to keep the very poor, poor. they are, afterall, control freaks.

Lay all the lies bare. Let everyone know. Use any tool necessary. I see things once in a while that gives me hope for humanity. The internet is a powerful tool for a voice of reason if used correctly. I have flip flopped on my stance because I jumped the gun and let feelings get in the way of the truth. I educate myself more on the topic and see I was wrong. If I can change anyone can. I'm a hard headed American of Irish descent.

I look at things like they have a balance. If those rich people take too much, the balance is tipped. If the poor resort to violence the balance is tipped. They better stop squeezing the poor before the scales are turned into weapons. The poor are easily led into the path of violence. The rich need checks and balances in the form of monopoly laws. Small business needs a helping hand. If this is not done, expect blood in the streets. It's only nature taking it's course.

No one wants to live off the governments tit if they had an avenue to better themselves. I know you'll show me the few instances where the entitled love that tit. Show them another way where they feel good about themselves by working hard. They need something to bring those jobs into reality. I know I would rather be self sufficient than bow to the power. It makes you hope. It kills despair. It brings confidence. It also kill uprisings.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

In recent memory, no president has so deliberately and publicly sought to pit racial and gender groups against each other. The president is not simply the titular head of a party or the leader of government. He is the head of state and embodies the collective will of the American people. He is the president of all Americans - not just certain segments of his electoral coalition. Mr. Obama’s rhetoric is reckless. It is fostering civil strife and racial animosity.

Link

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

check this out:

the democrats get just as much money to use to help the impoverished and they waste just as much on a bunch of bullcrap, like world domination. and the reason? our political parties are owned by the european central bank. we are a slave colony now. just pisses me off so bad. this is not the country i was raised in nor is it the country that i was taught in history books. it's a twisted effigy of itself.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

i'm not mad at you. i was irritated with the concept that white skin+american = slave owner.

I didn't say that. Annee didn't say that. NOBODY said that. YOU said that.

it wasn't what you personally said, it was your quote of annee,

I did not quote Annee. If you have an argument with her, argue with her. Don't argue with me about agreeing with something Annee didn't even say! Jesus!

Your rant on Democrats in this thread is highly misplaced. It's not about democrats at all! But I'm done here. People can't seem to talk about this subject without extreme anger and attacks on other members. I've got better things to do than defend myself about something I didn't even say or imply!

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

I wouldn't want a white history day because I do not wish to be put in an arbitrary group with the likes of Hitler, Charles Manson, and God-forbid, justin Bieber. Skin-color should not be celebrated on the grounds that it is essentially meaningless and ineffectual on one's behavior and worth as a human being.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

you said:

Annee is right that our HISTORY is filled with white dominance and supremacy.

i responded to that. then you said

We kept them as slaves.

how hard is it for you to realize that nobody alive today (well with the exception of the prison system and the sex slave industry), actually owns a SLAVE? and what about the whites who actually went to war to end slavery??????????? we just gonna ignore them????????????????? it is not my responsibility that there were slaves at any time in history. HOWEVER, it is my concern that there are actual slavery systems in play today that democrats (and repubs as well) are up to their necks in promoting, like forcing people to work for free (that's what taxes are) and forcing people to buy private business products (obamacare), AD NAUSEUM.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: undo

Our history IS filled with white dominance and supremacy. Do you disagree?
We (people of this country) kept them (black people) as slaves. Do you disagree?

I didn't say "TODAY, people own black slaves". I didn't say it's your responsibility. I didn't say ANYTHING like what you're implying.

Just admit you read into my posts something that wasn't there and went off on a tangent with it. Your anger about taxes and Obamacare is COMPLETELY misplaced in this thread. You completely ruined this thread for me.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

how hard is it for you to realize that nobody alive today . . .

TODAY is not history (at least not yet).

I really don't understand your rant. You're making a lot of noise about not much.

IMO there is no comparison between having a White Appreciation Day and Black History Month. It is not a good argument.

One has a legitimate reason and one doesn't. American history was white hetero male dominated and school text books reflected that. Now we have Black History Month, Women's History Month, LGBT History Month (unofficial) to bring awareness of their contribution to the growth of this country.
edit on 10-5-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Our history IS filled with white dominance and supremacy. Do you disagree?
We (people of this country) kept them (black people) as slaves. Do you disagree?

I didn't say "TODAY, people own black slaves". I didn't say it's your responsibility. I didn't say ANYTHING like what you're implying.

Just admit you read into my posts something that wasn't there and went off on a tangent with it. Your anger about taxes and Obamacare is COMPLETELY misplaced in this thread. You completely ruined this thread for me.

of course it was a white dominant nation because it was a mostly white nation. i said that ALREADY!
no, i did not own a black slave. when you use the word "we" you are including the people who faught to free the black slaves and end slavery! you include people today, who disagree with slavery of any kind! SHAME ON YOU! they wasted their lives because literally no one gives a # that they did it and we are right back to the precipice of outright slavery.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

I have actually met a black man who was tried and convicted of selling white women into slavery.. (yes, in America)

I haven't actually met any white men who have been tried and convicted of selling black women into slavery in this country in the last couple decades..

so... if we are going to discuss slavery, perhaps we should discuss the present?

Not what most of us don't even have any knowledge of outside what we read in a book somewhere...

I also happen to know that African black people were selling their own people into slavery way back when.. there are usually going to be buyers where there are sellers..

slavery shouldn't even be brought up.. its a ridiculous argument.. "but they were slaves".. no.. not one of them has even met a slave, in most cases.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

you've met thousands of slaves. people who pay taxes under threat of imprisonment or worse, are slaves.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

This is true...

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB

so... if we are going to discuss slavery, perhaps we should discuss the present?

Who is discussing slavery? Oh wait, YOU are.

However, making a statement our history is white male dominated and that they owned slaves is not discussing slavery.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Most of those "white men" came to this country as indentured servants, taken TO this country against their will, in many cases.. MOST of them, never owned a slave..

Time to get angry at the 1%... 99% never owned anyone.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB

This is true...

if they ask me to do so, i do so, but not because i think what they are doing is right but rather because i like helping others. problem is they are wasting it and not spending it how they originally said they would. they're instead using it to go all over the world and force central banks on other parts of the world. one great big slave farm.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join