It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US military raises threat level at bases in North America

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

The U.S. military has increased the threat level at bases across North America. Officials say the incremental boost will likely mean heightened vigilance and more random bag or vehicle checks.

Army Col. Steve Warren says the increase was not triggered by a specific event

He says it was due to a generally heightened threat environment, which would include the recent terror threat and attempted attack surrounding a provocative cartoon contest in Texas.

US military raises threat level at bases in North America

It has been the first time since September 2011 that all North American Bases have been increased to Threatcon Bravo. Bravo is not a huge deal in terms of threat to military or civilians. Its a basic step up from Alpha. A few bases were already on Bravo before this order.

The rise seems to be caused by threats releating to a thwarted attack related to an event in Texas.

Fox New Article

edit on 8-5-2015 by _BoneZ_ because: Removed excessive quoted material. MOD NOTE: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

edit on 8-5-2015 by _BoneZ_ because: MOD NOTE: Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Cue the alarmist replies in 3....2....

Bravo means a few extra cars are going to get the mirror run under them, like you said. Most of the more sensitive facilities have been at Bravo pretty much continuously. I don't think I even knew it had gone all the way down to Alpha, actually.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Sometimes I wish they would just threatcon Zulu and press the big red button and end the worlds bs.. lol

ID

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

Someone is covering their butt, nothing more.
Half of people are going to claim this means something, but those same people would be screaming about no preparation if something did happen and these bases weren't covered - no pun intended.

It could also be related to the recent arrest of several so-called ISIS "sympathizers".
All seems pretty reasonable to me, but I'm sure someone will come along any moment to link it tenuously to Jade Helm and a plot to take peoples guns.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

Someone is covering their butt, nothing more.
Half of people are going to claim this means something, but those same people would be screaming about no preparation if something did happen and these bases weren't covered - no pun intended.

It could also be related to the recent arrest of several so-called ISIS "sympathizers".
All seems pretty reasonable to me, but I'm sure someone will come along any moment to link it tenuously to Jade Helm and a plot to take peoples guns.

Oh Nuts! I was going to make the Jade Helm reference but you beat me to it.

Oh ok I know...

It's all Obama's fault!

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ItalianDressing
Sometimes I wish they would just threatcon Zulu and press the big red button and end the worlds bs.. lol

ID

Thats actually DEFCON 1. The end of the world as we know it.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Wow! And just in time for the extension of The Patriot Act , which expires on. 6-1-15.

Coincidence?

Yeah, right.
edit on 1431129466Friday31Fri, 08 May 2015 18:57:46 -0500pmFriday5760631 by Ultralight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight

Wow! And just in time for the extension of The Patriot Act , which expires on. 6-1-15.

Coincidence?

Yeah, right.

You forgot IS, camped just over the Mexican border, that we all have been told about...except where just over the border!
Where's Ghostbusters when you need them?

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Hmmm I live pretty close to a military base, literally the next town over.

The other day, for the first time since I've moved here, there was a test of the emergency broadcast system throughout the town.

It could be nothing, maybe just a simple test.

What bothers me the most however is how I reacted, which was quite poor..I'm certainly going to have to work on my preparedness some more in case of a real emergency.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

As a kid growing up on bases, I can tell you this is an often event. I cannot count how many times threat level was raised and my dad was confined to base. (He was a gunner on the B-52's before computers were put in to take over that role.) As a kid, we didn't hear it as a "threat level raised", we heard it as he was "on alert". This happened so often, it was nothing to us after awhile. Probably about as much as this one is, I suppose.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   
American, loves being paranoid.

I'm still confused how isis is roaming earth making threats.

You think after then 9/11 and it's OS, America would instantly put an end to any terrorist group.

Nope, just let them do what they do and media/Propaganda blitz Americans..

Then rise threat levels and make Americans more paranoid

A threat should be ended, especially if one is the most powerful military in the world. . This # has gone on too far and the media makes it obvious it's all a sham to keep constant fear and paranoia of the general populace of America.

Otherwise threats are dealt with like big boys

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Cue the alarmist replies in 3....2....

Bravo means a few extra cars are going to get the mirror run under them, like you said. Most of the more sensitive facilities have been at Bravo pretty much continuously. I don't think I even knew it had gone all the way down to Alpha, actually.

They likely just don't want happening what happened here. A few random nut jobs claiming to be ISIS beheading a unprepared soldier.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Yawn... Bravo... Meh.

Call me when it's Charlie then I'll pay attention.

Eta: or delta then I'll be worried.
edit on 9-5-2015 by Irishhaf because: additional thought

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: ItalianDressing

ID

Thats actually DEFCON 1. The end of the world as we know it.

Yes I know.
I think we have only been as low as Defcon 2 during the Cuban missile crisis.

ID

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Here in Hampton Roads an area dense in military installations traffic yesterday morning was affected as long lines formed at the gates of the various bases and forts. Some people were physically searched.

wavy.com...

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
There has not been any alerts here in the recent past. Military is big big here. It's in the local news. Ships arriving to big fanfare, ships departing to tears and worry, exercises, parades, sometimes they even crash into our houses, you can't escape it here. I could be wrong and a search could probably clear it up but I don't remember any alerts aside from what occurred right around 9/11. Then the skies were polluted with jets and the bay was full of ships. I'm not seeing that of course just traffic delays. So much of this area in accessible only by bridges or tunnels. A threat to any one of them could bring the area to its knees. Take out two and we are boat or air only. No trucks moving goods or troops.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

My home.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
On my base this means 50% checks on all entering the base whether service member, DOD/DA civilian, and 100% check on civilian visitors which has been the case for a while now.

It will make getting to PT in the morning a pain in the ass, but that's about it.

If we ever get to Tcon D, then the S has HTF.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
On my base this means 50% checks on all entering the base whether service member, DOD/DA civilian, and 100% check on civilian visitors which has been the case for a while now.

It will make getting to PT in the morning a pain in the ass, but that's about it.

If we ever get to Tcon D, then the S has HTF.

You think like me they are just looking out for long nutjobs who might try a beheading?

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Just recently there was a plot uncovered to target the base I'm stationed in. We've been at Tcon B for some time so it isn't really any different for us.

I just have to get up at 0400 to be at PT at 0630.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: crazyewok

Just recently there was a plot uncovered to target the base I'm stationed in. We've been at Tcon B for some time so it isn't really any different for us.

I just have to get up at 0400 to be at PT at 0630.

Its better to be safe than sorry. Hopefully if they try anything you fill them with holes.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join