It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Election results, nationalism and msm manipulation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
In the run up to the election I had seemed to convince myself that there was no chance of the Conservatives getting back into government never mind taking a majority. When looking at the facts of what the tories have committed upon the country I didn't think it was even possible the party could put a spin on it to fool the British public into believing the tripe about the success of there policies.

How wrong was I. But to be honest I don't think many people could have predicted what has happened.

Beyond the obvious problems of cuts and austerity I feel the problems facing Britain is much worse. First of all watching from both sides through the tabloids and various websites it was blatantly obvious the facts didn't matter but how they were twisted and shaped to fool and manipulate the public. I'm not saying all of the British public have been fooled as I'm sure a large number of people know exactly what they were voting for. However it seems that people have come to view these elections very much like xfactor and big brother. More emphasis was put on how someone looked, spoke and coped with staged questions. The public have been shaped into an easily manipulated and we'll controlled bunch of zombies.

Second it appears that all of the fear mongering and finger pointing had worked a charm. Nationalism is the biggest winner in the elections. With this overpowering nationalism comes a higher feeling of fear and distrust of outsiders. This has been a big worry for me seeing the use of terrorism and immigration to control the public within a bubble of fear.

To sum it up I didn't think I'd see what has happened so quickly. I knew that people in general are easily manipulated but on this scale where Britain has been torn apart with worse to come they have been made to believe it is all a success. Do the British public not see what's coming?

I think it's about to get interesting.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: liteonit6969

I am of the opinion that all elections are now simply commissions of fraud. Exit polls seem to tell an entirely different story. Somebody's lying and I don't see where the exit pollsters have anything to gain. TPTB might as well just take out an ad and say 'this is who we want to manipulate you to our benefit' and we can all vote along party lines.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Labour should have offered a EU referendum

Labour should not have let a upper middle class "geek" lead the party of the so called "working" class

Labour should not have made Ed Balls Chancellor when he was the one in 2010 when the economy went tits up

Labour should not have started a war based on lies.

The Torys did not win.
Labour Failed.
edit on 8-5-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I agree with a lot of what you have said. The conspiracy inclined mind makes me question the whole of the election.

The attack on welfare and ripping apart of communities suits those in the upper echelons of society. It seems that almost every aspect of the election campaign on both sides have contributed to conservative gains and the beginning of the war on communities.

As said earlier a lot of people don't look into the details of comments made by a party and thus treat it like an xfactor audition. For me it points to a conservative gain by labour electing ed Miliband. A lot of votes were lost purely on him not looking the part. Sad isn't it.

Next I question the referendum timing for Scotland. Any result was going to be disastrous for labours ambitions of taking downing street. Therefore by making promises to the Scots and breaking them labour were going to lose a lot of seats. Why did labour let this happen?

Again as you said why not at least pretend to guarantee a referendum on Europe. Anyone with half a brain know this is not going to happen. If Britain leave Europe. ...the worlswine economy will crash. It is hanging by a thread as it is...therefore I can't see this ever happening.

Finally ed balls. What were labour thinking? These people are no idiots. Therefore it seems to well scripted for the tories with Cameron the piece of scum carrying around the piece of paper from ed balls saying there was no money left. Anyone with any sense would have sacked and distanced themselves as far as possible from his legacy.

Therefore I just feel the whole election was set for a conservative win. Labour made to many mistakes and a lot I think we're planned. The plans the tories are set to wage against every layer of society is going to be destructive.

It all went to well for the tories.
edit on 8-5-2015 by liteonit6969 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

The Torys did not win.
Labour Failed.

Agreed (hence the SNP votes) I would also add the lib dems were severely punished hence the vast majority of tory gains.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
As you said, its the xfactor mentality!
The problem is, humans are too easily swayed by what's presented to them, and given that the msm is under the control of tptb, the ptb will always get exactly what they want.

We need to change the rules!
In the last six months leading up to elections, the msm should only be allowed to report each parties policies (and NOTHING else) as given to them by the leader of each party. The policies are what the public should be voting on, not who looked and sounded like a nice man!

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

That is also a baffling result. How did the lib Dems lose and take all the blame of what the tories have done. People weren't happy with the last government and it was shown by the lib Dems loses. However how did the tories gain.
I'm baffled....the tories made the cuts and the lib Dems took the blame. Gullible public.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: liteonit6969

When looking at the facts of what the tories have committed upon the country I didn't think it was even possible the party could put a spin on it to fool the British public into believing the tripe about the success of there policies.

You're intimating that more than 50% of the electorate are stupid and fool's?

And a minority of less than 50% are in any way discerning ?

Beyond the obvious problems of cuts and austerity I feel the problems facing Britain is much worse. First of all watching from both sides through the tabloids and various websites it was blatantly obvious the facts didn't matter but how they were twisted and shaped to fool and manipulate the public. I'm not saying all of the British public have been fooled as I'm sure a large number of people know exactly what they were voting for.

Do you really believe that the majority of the electorate can be so easily

fooled and manipulated.

To sum it up I didn't think I'd see what has happened so quickly. I knew that people in general are easily manipulated but on this scale where Britain has been torn apart with worse to come they have been made to believe it is all a success. Do the British public not see what's coming?

Again easily manipulated ???????

Again been made to believe ?????

Do the British public not see ??????

Patronising much ??????

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I just posted a reply on another post about this. Yes, the issue about Ed Miliband being leader was a desicive factor, but it didn't help him one bit when the year and half leading up to the election he didn't fight or show any desention at the bad policies the government brouhgt in.
As for the Lid Dems, they were always going to be crucified for giving the Conservatives the legitmacy to do what they wanted and mainly at the expense of the Lib Dem ethos and policies. They sowed the wind now they've reaped the whirlwind.
I think a very good reason why the Conservatives won was they nurtured UKIP (which by the way are closet tories) and wound up the scots to vote SNP. These in affect split voting with the only losers being Labour.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

People weren't happy with the last government.

Well ... its obvious to me that the majority of people must

have been otherwise how did it happen!

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

In reply to your question.......yes the public are that easily manipulated. But I'm going for the 100% who voted.
Do you really believe your vote is going to influence anything these people do. Look at the decisions the government's have made over the last 30 years and the mass bitch and moan. Now I genuinely feel most people don't make the connection between politicians policies and their life. It's almost they see it as an episode of some mind numbing soap.

So just to finalise yes the British public are that easy to manipulate. Look at Boris Johnson...all I can say is he is a clown...people think he is hilarious. But forget he will most likely be prime minister.

God help us all.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

That makes me laugh...the lib Dems let the tories have free reign. Yet the lib Dems take the blame.

I was in the park yesterday....some fella let his friend piss on my leg. I can't believe he let his friend do that. But his friend really made a good job of pissing on me...ruined my shoe.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I think it's about to get interesting.

You could've saved yourself a whole lot of hassle and just posted that.

You're right.

edit on 8th May 2015 by VigiliaProcuratio because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: VigiliaProcuratio

I think I could have saved myself a whole load of hassle if I had just continued to be a zombie. Not saying that I'm more enlightened than most but seeing what really goes on is a depressing thing. Wish I'd live in ignorance now.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Are you real or what? Do you know what just happened in the last 5 years?
The Lib Dems went into coalition with the Conservatives to give them the voting power to do what they wanted. Yes the Lib Dems had the deciding vote. If the Lib Dems had NOT gone into the coalition the Conservatives could not have done what they did do. So YES, YES, YES, it was the Lib Dems fault and they've paid the price for it from their supporters.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Your response is a perfect example of the mindset of the voters across Britain.

So you think it is the fault of the lib Dems because they allowed the Conservatives to start on a path of destruction upon the vast majority of the British public. Not the party who actually carried them out....the party who carried out THEIR policies. No they gained support for these policies....yet the lib Dems lost support for allowing them to carry out THEIR policies.

Do you not see the ridiculousness of this argument. If not then the msm have really done a great job on you.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Labour should have offered a EU referendum

Labour should not have let a upper middle class "geek" lead the party of the so called "working" class

Labour should not have made Ed Balls Chancellor when he was the one in 2010 when the economy went tits up

Labour should not have started a war based on lies.

The Torys did not win.
Labour Failed.

And labour said it would make any criticism of immigrants a punishable crime when elected, ie they've only started uncovering the tip of the iceberg on immigrants raping and harming their children in rather large numbers and that is its a top down kind of corruption going on.

I truly believe labour failed. Not that anyone wanted the Tories in.
edit on 9-5-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

Yes labour failed massively. To the point it was too bad to be true.
They didn't make small stupid mistakes...they made massive obvious mistakes.

Ed balls...scotish referendum. ...ed milliband...weak policies.

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks labour didnt want to win the election....or sorry those who control labour.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

True, true... same here. Thing is, it'd be a crime to sit back and ignore what's happened to our country.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Watching the election speeches was scarily like seeing the firing scene from the secret life of walter mitty; it was an endless procession of media trained muppets that had all gone to the same robotic school of public speaking and gesticulation and ended up looking like some some coked out epileptic thunderbird puppets at a rave.

Clegg was undoubtedly the most unnatural and insincere looking of all of them. It was actually painful to watch.

I'm also saddened at the Americanisation of british politics where shiny campaigns, slogans, talking points and mud slinging takes precedence over substance but it is what it is.

top topics

join