It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The conspiracy against hemp/cannabis.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
This thread will go over not just one simple conspiracy. Rather an entire web of lies, deceit, and propaganda that has been waged against this plant for the last 79 years. On multiple fronts from multiple industries and agencies. All with the intent to either exploit it or keep it away from the masses. With ammo like this it will be fairly easy to see the conspiracy.

CNN's Dr Sanjay Gupta has admitted to misleading the public.

I apologize because I didn't look hard enough, until now. I didn't look far enough. I didn't review papers from smaller labs in other countries doing some remarkable research, and I was too dismissive of the loud chorus of legitimate patients whose symptoms improved on cannabis.

Source

I will start by listing the industries that either lobby against or stand to take a major financial/power hit should this plant be 100% legal. To most of you this will be old news, to some it may change how you feel about "The system".

Hemp
Oil/Energy
Lumber/Paper
Cotton/Nylon

Cannabis
Pharmaceutical
Alcohol
Tabacco
Prison
Law enforcement

To truly understand this war we must go back to the start.

1936: A little film called "Reefer Madness" was released. It's primary purpose was to warn the white community of the dangers of blacks and hispanics smoking cannabis.

1936–1939 American propaganda exploitation drama film revolving around the melodramatic events that ensue when high school students are lured by pushers to try marijuana—from a hit and run accident, to manslaughter, suicide, attempted rape, hallucinations, and descent into madness due to marijuana addiction.

1937: Marihuana Tax Act of 1937

Some parties have argued that the aim of the Act was to reduce the size of the hemp industry[7][8][9] largely as an effort of businessmen Andrew Mellon, Randolph Hearst, and the Du Pont family.[7][9] The same parties have argued that with the invention of the decorticator, hemp had become a very cheap substitute for the paper pulp that was used in the newspaper industry.

From that time forward hemp and cannabis were forever entwined.

All was quiet for the most part. Alcohol prohibition had ended a few years prior so most people were preoccupied with other indulgences.

THEN
1961: Cannabis/hemp is reclassified as a schedule one drug. Putting it in the same boat with the likes of heroine and the like. By that time the globe had adopted Americas drug policy against hemp and cannabis.

1971: The start of "The War On Drugs"
Nixon declares war! Putting cannabis and hemp on the front line of a war that was getting people killed.

"There’s actual documentation that shows the United States Government under Nixon was actively writing to universities saying ‘pull your information of cannabis, hemp and marijuana out of your libraries, literally purge it.” Todd McCormick - Researcher, Editor of “The Emperor Wears No Cloths”

Source

Then came Reagan
“The most reliable scientific sources say permanent brain damage is one of the inevitable results of the use of marijuana.”
~Ronald Reagan~

cite the notorious monkey studies of Dr. Robert G. Heath, which purported to find brain damage in three monkeys that had been heavily dosed with cannabis. This work was never replicated and has since been discredited by a pair of better controlled, much larger monkey studies, one by Dr. William Slikker of the National Center for Toxicological Research and the other by Charles Rebert and Gordon Pryor of SRI International.

Source(MIT)

Now fast forward to the present. This is still the pervasive mentality of the so called "experts".

The head of the DEA thinks it will kill all the puppies.

The drug czar can't tell you if meth is more dangerous than cannabis.

This is what prohibition does. It creates prohibitionists.
"We can't live in a society which is both free and drug free, you can't have them both."
~Unknown~

Anyone still questioning all this ask yourself one simple question.
Is cannabis harder or easier to get today?
Remember a raging drug war and prohibition for 50+ years has got us here.
Yet you can still get it on just about every street corner.

The things "they" don't want you to know.

Oil- Hemp has a 97 percent bio fuel conversion efficiency. Plus it produces enough O2 to offset the carbon footprint from any methods of use.

Lumber/Paper- Hemp can grow up to 12 feet in under 4 months. Making it the fastest renewable paper source on the planet.

Cotton/Nylon- Hemp clothing is darn comfortable as well as durable, and antimicrobial.

Pharmaceutical- Cannabis can replace 60-70% of the pharmaceuticals used today. Naturally with no death or side effects. Grown in your yard. Replace 40 toxic medications with cannabis juice

Alcohol- Has been lobbying and producing those horrible anti cannabis ad's for years, for obvious reasons.

Tobacco- (Same as alcohol)

Prison- Out of all the industries profiting from cannabis being illegal this is the worst! America has 5% of the world population yet has 25% of the incarcerated. Half for drugs related charges and 70-80% of that for cannabis related charges. Locked away in a cage for a flower to bump the stock up another point.

Law enforcement- Profits and exploits it just the same as the prison industry.

In conclusion:
It's pretty clear there is a definite conspiracy here. Be it political, financial, economic, or race driven. With many threads to this conspiratorial web I know I missed a lot. Please comment and add anything I may have missed.
The best way to open up the world to a brighter future is to educate yourself, your family, and your friends.
A great documentary about this subject.
Youtube wants your $$$ but if you search it's out there for free. As well as on Netflix right now!

Namaste
edit on 6-5-2015 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

For a very long time I believe in the Hearst/Dupont conspiracy. But after reading some articles and a little research. I have come to find out that prohibitions against marijuana was initiated before the 1930s. One of the biggies was California in 1913.

Following article was the first one I looked up just now. There's better information out there, but this shows that the issue about the DuPont conspiracy is not as cut and dry as we once believed.

source

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

I missed that connection. Thank you sir! Or madam.

One thing is fore sure Du Pont has had a hand in this for a looong time.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   

A bunch of bull!

More vested interests want pot legalized than any group that doesn't. The hemp crowd, obviously, the pot heads themselves, the growers and sellers of the weed, the state, city and county gov'ts that see a new tax revenue and last but not least, the GMO crowd who have already patented GMO versions so they can sell the stuff.

We get stuck with more pot-heads and further exposure to a younger crowd of kids....just great...

edit on 6-5-2015 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   
The biggest reason they don't want it, is because it makes one think for themselves and become less obedient which would cause major issues for the flow of banks, and oppression of human rights.

The greatest enemy to the system is free thinkers, and those who stand for what they belive.

Marijuana brings huge influence in how one thinks outside the mental structure they have been tamed since the kinder garden ... (kindergarten).

There really is nothing amazing about the use of cannabis other then healing applications. But for the constant tokers, they are wasting their time smoking it, if it's not for health causes..
edit on 6-5-2015 by Elementalist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

A bunch of bull!

More vested interests want pot legalized than any group that doesn't. The hemp crowd, obviously, the pot heads themselves, the growers and sellers of the weed, the state, city and county gov'ts that see a new tax revenue and last but not least, the GMO crowd who have already patented GMO versions so they can sell the stuff.

We get stuck with more pot-heads and further exposure to a younger crowd of kids....just great...

Ok. If that were true, and there is more interest in legalization than incarceration or profit. Then why is it illegal still? The only company that will be able to make a significant profit off legalization is monsantos because they can patent a damn plant genome.

The dealers, growers, transporters, etc, want to keep it illegal to keep the market monopolized. Of course the state and the fed want their peice of the pie. Take washington for example. An average dispensery pays something like 60% of it's overall profit on state taxes, licensing, tagging etc. Here in Colorado it's not as bad but it's still an obscene amount.

You sure about that last statement?
Pot use among Colorado teens appears to drop after legalization

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist
I thought about adding that but kind of ran out of time. Plus I think it would have enraged the anti-cannabis crowd even more to inject some spiritual undertones.

I have explored the 3rd eye theory that it makes you less susceptible to BS and propaganda yet less violent. Where as alcohol makes you more violent and more complacent towards propaganda.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   

With all due respect, why not try a little fact checking, before sprouting off ignorant unsupported assumptions.

The Netherlands have had cannabis freely available in coffee shops for decades, yet have less than half the rate of cannabis use than any anglo country, who are traditionally the strictest when it comes to enforcing the prohibition of cannabis in first world countries.

There are many reasons for this. Firstly, prohibition creates black markets, that are advertised though word of mouth. Being that teenagers usually have larger social networks than adults, it means they have easy access to these black markets. The result is that most teenagers can score better weed much easier than most adults.

Secondly, there's the forbidden fruit factor. Cannabis being illegal just makes it exciting to teenagers, so there for it's very popular to teenagers in anglo countries where prohibition laws are srictly enforced. Where as in countries like the Netherlands cannabis use is more likely to be seen as boring by teenagers.

Annual Cannabis use by Country

Teen cannabis use declines as country moves towards legalization

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

The one in California was because of anti Mexican sentiment. Mexicans were the most common users at that time. They turned hemp into marihuana an obscure Mexican slang term to beat home the idea that it was foreign to the general public and posed a threat. Although it had been grown in America since before the revolutionary war.
edit on 2642015xMayuThursday07America/ChicagoThu, 07 May 2015 00:20:42 -0500 by BoxFulder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Everything that makes you more efficient is (well not everything) legal, coffee and all that... Plus alcohol, so you can numb yourself after working..

And everything, that makes you question things, and think, is illegal, weed, flesh of the gods and so on..

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   

I am a old dude, dude.

Yeah my entire life I grew up believing that story was gospel. Just goes to show you can teach a old dog new tricks.

But can you lead them to water past two birds in the bush before the bird ends up in your hand? ( wow deep) lol

Edit; My bad, that last paragraph was a acid flashback.

edit on 7-5-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Hey thanks for posting, this I've actually been wondering about the culture high and then I watched the trailer for it you had posted. So I finally watched it me and my lady really enjoyed it, especially liked how they present information in ways that don't pressure you into thinking any certain way.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 03:15 AM
link   

they all say weed is a gateway drug, but it is'nt.
Alcohol is a gateway drug

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Weed is and has always been present in popular culture. Even where it his officially banned it's one of the most used drugs altogether.

If there was really a conspiracy to keep the masses away from it they are doing a sh**ty job at it.

Lobbying and conspiracies are not the same things you know...

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   

I'm sure there's those that would like to keep it illegal that already produce the stuff. There is, however, already many who are profiting in Ca., for example, where crops have converted to pot and the police will not stop that production by individuals if they claim it's for personal medical application, then harvest and sell it.

It's still illegal in many states due to those that don't believe adding pot to an already 'stoned' society, legal and otherwise, has anything but a negative effect on this society.

As far as acceptability and exposure to younger and younger kids? Oh, I'm sure. No different than kids exposed to parental drunks. It'll take a while, but dumbing down the populace fits the game plan....

It's funny in Washington, we have an outlet in my town. It gets very little traffic, from what I can see. Most users already had their own supply. Why pay more via taxes when they can grow their own or buy at half the price from Billy-joe down the street?

Glad to see the game plan not working as invisioned.......

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

I don't give a rat's ass about the Netherlands or any other small country. If I lived in the Netherlands I'd be against it as well. The stats as you say are by vested interests as much as any other 'stat' is.

Not an assumption, observation. I'm old enough to have both used and seen pot-heads, contact highs, the length of time the stuff stays in the blood stream when the high is long gone.

The cocktail effect of mixing both, The oils slipped into E-cigarettes, The problems in bars with fines for serving people mixed with booze, psycho-tropics and now add in legalized pot.

Keep your links, I know better. Mind altering drugs are not good news. It needs to be said and conspiracies to keep it illegal is pure crap. Otherwise, it wouldn't be gaining ground almost daily.

The reverse is much more accurate. Vested interest want the crap legalized. You really think big pharma won't get into big production??? Duh.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   

a reply to: Subaeruginosa

I don't give a rat's ass about the Netherlands or any other small country. If I lived in the Netherlands I'd be against it as well. The stats as you say are by vested interests as much as any other 'stat' is.

The stats I provided are from health organizations. There only "invested interest", is the best way to achieve less over all drug use and better health outcomes.

Besides, one of the links I provided was about the US and how states that legalized it had a lower rate of use among young people. Or did you just ignore that, because it doesn't support your ignorant assumptions?

The cocktail effect of mixing both, The oils slipped into E-cigarettes, The problems in bars with fines for serving people mixed with booze, psycho-tropics and now add in legalized pot.

Yeah, I would imagine cannabis would lower the likelihood of risky behavior and violent acts by people who have drank to much. I really don't see the relevance of e-cigarettes, its a more healthy alternative to tobacco.

Keep your links, I know better. Mind altering drugs are not good news. It needs to be said and conspiracies to keep it illegal is pure crap. Otherwise, it wouldn't be gaining ground almost daily.

The only reason its gaining ground in the US is because the people have the right to vote on it, there sick of having there jails filled to breaking point with non-violent offenders. When it does nothing to deter its use and just makes organized criminals rich.

The police, prison industrial complex and certain corporations are the only ones with invested interests. The people just want to see common sense prevail.

The reverse is much more accurate. Vested interest want the crap legalized. You really think big pharma won't get into big production??? Duh.

Why would big pharma have any interest in legalizing such a medically beneficial plant, when it can be grown in a persons backyard easier than a tomato plant? They stand to lose billions of dollars, "duh"!

Keep your head in the sand, but the facts are clear as day. Your acting like the law somehow makes it hard for young people to obtain. But the reality is, keeping it illegal just means that your average 15 year old kid can get it easier than a responsible adult or sick person, who it would greatly benefit.

edit on 7-5-2015 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I wanted to do a post about this years ago, haha, it was still much against the T&C then so i ended up not doing it.
Hoorah for logical thought on the matter, Making industrial hemp would destroy multiple billion dollar companies, which is why it is kept minimal. Housing costs would drop when a cheaper/stronger alternative is flooded into the market. Hempcrete, every single piece of wood can be replaced by a hemp alternative that are much stronger and cheaper to make and doesn't ruin the environment. Even the insulation can be made with hemp.

Needless to say it would ruin quite a few big business (wood anything). We'd stop buying from china because hemp clothes mass produced at home would be just as cheap. The stuff grows so fast, you can get strains that grow super fast too. And grows basically anywhere. Every country should be industrializing it. It would go over well. Even in colder climates - advances in hydroponics make it much easier to build mass indoor hydroponics gardens.
edit on 7/5/15 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Oh NO! People do things that you don't approve of! Guess we have to oppress them. Start by locking them up for doing what they enjoy then treat them as second class citizens with derogatory slurs and a system designed to keep in and out of jail and unable to get a real job.

By the way. All your points are LITERALLY canned responses from the anti-legalization movement that is pretending like it is some grassroots campaign working against an oppressive tide of neerdowells (ahem pro-freedom people) trying to stone the country. I saw this very situation predicted in an article last year. It's funny how duped by propaganda you are.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   

OP. I wanted to add that you forgot to mention Harry J. Anslinger the racist treasury agent that was largely responsible for lobbying for stricter drug laws.

Then there was William Randolph Hearst the racist media mogul responsible for literally ALL of the anti-drug propaganda in the country.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join