It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The conspiracy against hemp/cannabis.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: UNKNOWNPURPLE
a reply to: JAY1980

they all say weed is a gateway drug, but it is'nt.
Alcohol is a gateway drug

Weed is a destination drug.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Label your "Links" anyway you will. I don't buy it or them. Your health organizations promote all kinds garbage and are as politically motivated as any other organization.

Anyone who believes legalized Pot lowers use amongst the young is in dire need of a major detox....to wit, delusional.

The rest we shall agree to disagree. The idea of a conspiracy against pot is laughable.
There are those, myself included, who see mind-altering chemicals, natural or otherwise, as detrimental to the populace.

"official" publications or not. Especially, 'health organizations"....talk about a vested interest in illness.LOL

edit on 7-5-2015 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-5-2015 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t Nope. Do what you will. Couldn't care less. As a matter of fact I hope you doobie as much as you want.

Canned response? The accuser is guilty of the charge, not me. This is my point of view-notice no links/crutches on my part?- unlike your brothers.

Play the poor victim card all you want. No guilt feeling stating pot and most of the threads promoting it is pure Bull.

"Pot cures this" now pot cures that...next it'll be labeled a miracle drug. Every body get stoned...world peace and everything is beautiful...Guffaw.

Mind-altering chemicals are a negative on any society. All of them. Rather simple.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
a reply to: Krazysh0t Nope. Do what you will. Couldn't care less. As a matter of fact I hope you doobie as much as you want.

Canned response? The accuser is guilty of the charge, not me. This is my point of view-notice no links/crutches on my part?- unlike your brothers.

That's because we like to back our claims up with sources.

Play the poor victim card all you want. No guilt feeling stating pot and most of the threads promoting it is pure Bull.

"Pot cures this" now pot cures that...next it'll be labeled a miracle drug. Every body get stoned...world peace and everything is beautiful...Guffaw.

Mind-altering chemicals are a negative on any society. All of them. Rather simple.

Just because you say it is true, doesn't make it so. No wonder why you don't like to link sources, your claims are nonsense and unsupported by real science.
edit on 7-5-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Ok so then where did all the "facts" you have come from and what makes them so much more believable them the opposite?

These people are kind enough to supply actuall evidence for topic at hand, not just sit spitting ignorance and discouragement.
edit on 7-5-2015 by magnesiumbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

OP. I wanted to add that you forgot to mention

Thank you kindly!

I left out a lot. Rather than inundate people with a ton of info I figured I would point out the path and let everyone make up his/her mind. Not very often are we able to effect real change. When growing a plant challenges so many cancerous systems every one of us can take part in that change.

My old man grows hemp next to his bee hives and they seem to love it! Of course he does run the risk of pollinating his neighbors cannabis plants, but that's nature for you.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: UNKNOWNPURPLE

they all say weed is a gateway drug, but it is'nt.
Alcohol is a gateway drug

Agreed 110% same with tobacco.

Have you ever seen a meth or heroine addict that didn't smoke cigarettes?

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
It's already been decided, albeit with some relative resistance, that marijuana will be legalized.

It's a backdoor to gun confiscation.

"NO EXCEPTIONS"

www.nssf.org...

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Fair enough. I just consider those two men VERY important to this conspiracy.
edit on 8-5-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   

A bunch of bull!

More vested interests want pot legalized than any group that doesn't. The hemp crowd, obviously, the pot heads themselves, the growers and sellers of the weed, the state, city and county gov'ts that see a new tax revenue and last but not least, the GMO crowd who have already patented GMO versions so they can sell the stuff.

We get stuck with more pot-heads and further exposure to a younger crowd of kids....just great...

Wrong. You think these fledgling industries have anything on the cotton lobby?

Hemp is way more durable, way softer, and holds dye way better than cotton. Some 30-40% of all pesticides in US go on cotton. Hemp needs none. Hemp would make cotton a niche industry.

Let alone the petroleum industry??

An unmodified diesel engine will run on unrefined hemp oil. You can grow your gas in your basement.

Scientists have made building materials stronger than steel from hemp fibers and resin. Acres and acres of paper trees can be replaces by a small plot of hemp.

The list goes on and on and on. The plant produces more oil and fiber than any other plant on the earth. It is possibly the single most useful thing in the natural world.

So yeah, I wouldn't think pot heads would rate as vested interests in comparison.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   

a reply to: Subaeruginosa

I don't give a rat's ass about the Netherlands or any other small country.

Yes, you've made it abundantly clear in thread after thread that you don't care for anybody but yourself. And facts be damned! Because you know better.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Yep, sources. Vested interests.

When you've worked in a rehab, talk to me about the subject. You can find 'sources' arguing any viewpoint. My experiences are where the rubber meets the road.

Mind altering chemicals, 'natural' or not are bad news. It is a drug culture. OBVIOUSLY. Right across the board bad news.

Big Pharma, the medical industry in general, drug pushers all.

Your sources suck..

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: magnesiumbones

As I've already posted, I'm 64, did my share of doobies, drank like a fish in the day, worked in a drug rehab, I know what was available when I went to school and what's available now.

I need links or sources to know not to jump in front of a moving bus??

I know full well this goes against the popular views. It is an honest opinion based on my life experiences and I have no vested interest one way or the other.

It just needed to be said.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ISawItFirst

What cotton industry? It's virtually gone.

When I asked a pot/hemp activist where the hell would we grow this alternative product, the answer was "well, we're moving to a vegetarian culture, we will cut cattle production by 50% and grow it on the freed up land."

I could care less whether hemp or cotton wins out.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Monger

I don't trust your 'facts'. I've made that abundantly clear post after post...

I base my opinion on what I've experienced in this life. Not on some series of vested interests, be the addicts, profiteers, or whatever.

I put forth this view- not too popular is it- soley because it needed to be said. A conspiracy against legalizing pot? Hilarious.

Every industry has it's competitors, it's adversaries, and it's supporters.

The product is a negative one. Not the worst by any means.

I don't want my grandchildren doing doobies. I wonder if you do?

Nothing you guys post will change my views on the subject. Certainly not links....

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Your personal experience working in a rehab doesn't make you an authority on everything drugs. All you are an authority on is how people misuse them, but you rarely if ever get exposed to the people who use them just fine.

My sources are legitimate science sources by the way. They trump personal anecdotes every time.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
My grandmother died of ALS. She tried to get cannabis for clear medical reason, denied. So doctors just drugged her to the point that she was really #ed up. That time I had never tried or even seen cannabis in person, but we as a family made a decision to seek it. Finding it was easy, far easier that I could have ever thought. We couldn't save her, but we helped her.

Alcohol is legal, alcohol is purely recreational, alcohol is horrible for you.

Weed is illegal(most parts of the world), it's recreational drug for the most part, but has SERIOUS medical properties.

Fair?

I smoke weed from time to time(I'm 26, started when I was 24), yet I'm not Shaggy from Scooby-Doo. But since then I quit drinking altogether, and I feel better than ever. Albeit that's not all because of weed, but it helps. Just like that binge drinking some of us like to do.

When I was younger I was against weed because I didn't know better. Now I do.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Oh, I'm aware of recreational use of a lot of drugs and the fact that some function in spite of them. The fact remains that there is and always will be those that don't.

Increasing the access to any mind-altering substances will increase the number of those fall into the last category. This increases the risk, costs and overall welfare of the society.

No, I don't need a 'scientific' study to evaluate that for me. Your scientific studies often fall into technocracies rather than objective science. One only has to see who financed that particular study.

While there are valid 'studies', obviously, there are studies which point in a totally different direction-not just this subject- and those studies and links are harvested selectively by the poster.

You can decry my views on this, I expect no less in this case, yet the points I raise generally haven't been raised . I feel it needed to be said despite the backlash.

I, for one, will never hand over my decisions to an 'authority'. Too often, those choices end up betrayed by those same 'authorities'.

Too much empirical evidence countering it, in this instance.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Oh, I'm aware of recreational use of a lot of drugs and the fact that some function in spite of them. The fact remains that there is and always will be those that don't.

Some? Try most. Also, just because there is a group of people who can't handle themselves is a terrible reason to ban it. That's like accusing all gun owners of misuse because a select few murder people with them.

Increasing the access to any mind-altering substances will increase the number of those fall into the last category. This increases the risk, costs and overall welfare of the society.

Actually legalizing or at least decriminalizing has been shown to decrease ALL relevant categories of drug use. You'd know this if you'd pull your head out of the sand and actually read a scientific study about this for once.

No, I don't need a 'scientific' study to evaluate that for me. Your scientific studies often fall into technocracies rather than objective science. One only has to see who financed that particular study.

*eyeroll* The confirmation bias is STRONG with you.

While there are valid 'studies', obviously, there are studies which point in a totally different direction-not just this subject- and those studies and links are harvested selectively by the poster.

Post some about drugs then. I'm REALLY curious to read a study that corroborates ANY of your ludicrous and unsubstantiated claims.

You can decry my views on this, I expect no less in this case, yet the points I raise generally haven't been raised . I feel it needed to be said despite the backlash.

Lol. Those points have been raised by whining prohibitionists since the drugs were made illegal. Your argument is literally textbook anti-drug propaganda.

I, for one, will never hand over my decisions to an 'authority'. Too often, those choices end up betrayed by those same 'authorities'.

Too much empirical evidence countering it, in this instance.

Lol. You wouldn't know empirical evidence in this field if it slapped you in the face. Mostly because you refuse to read anything that contradicts your negative attitude towards the subject.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: GodEmperor
It's already been decided, albeit with some relative resistance, that marijuana will be legalized.

It's a backdoor to gun confiscation.

"NO EXCEPTIONS"

www.nssf.org...

Nah, Marijuana will be removed from Schedule 1 classification soon enough and/or the current rule with ATF will change.

As soon as a medicinal marijuana user is denied a firearm and sues the DOJ, there will be some changes.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join