It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington Post: Surveillance planes spotted over Baltimore

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

I bet there's something out there real dark that can suck up all that data in one very fast flyby. Like really fast flyby. Just do a high speed run over a city like say Los Angeles and suck up all the data they can or just pinpoint one single cell phone or hard drive and suck up or spoof/hack/spike it. You know find the SIG/ELEC/WHATEVER needle in the haystack.

Test it out on major cities and see if you can get away with it. Then take the show on the road to more interesting places.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: Bedlam
NG has been involved in this sort of thing before, btw.

Is it the same NG that purports to study aerosols?

Was hoping you guys would get it without me saying it.

It's Northrop Grumman's persistent surveillance group. They're using something like Hawkeye. The system can track and identify anyone moving in a 25 mile square. Not in real time, but you can start with an incident and run back and forwards from that time and follow/ID people. It's similar to other stuff, like ARGUS, SCORPION, AIR CLAW and maybe a dozen others of various capability. Hawkeye II is old hat now. There are way better systems. The recent unpleasantness is a field day for demoing this sort of thing to interested buyers.

NG = Northrop Grumman.

And now you know the rest of the story.

eta: a starting point is "Ross McNutt", "Persistent Surveillance Systems", "Hawkeye II" and groove out from there. With the understanding that PSS's setup is not as good as what the Feebs will be using by a couple orders of magnitude. Still, you'll get an idea of what it does.
edit on 6-5-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Were screwed the day they have facial recognition in the birds that do this too. One can hopefully still leave their cell phone and wallet at home and stroll around without being tracked, as long as you are not in visual line of sight with the birds optics. But if it can scan every person it sees to see if they are the likely person matching their facial recognition and keep following them around indefinitely every time they "surface" again that's sorta scary.

Update: Looks like they probably already can do all the above. Guess there is nowhere to hide anymore these days.

edit on 6-5-2015 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Please allow me to thank you for coming right out and saying it.
So sales potentials for the developers/manufacturers and free testing of their new products in a real setting.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

Were screwed the day they have facial recognition in the birds that do this too

Bend over, here it comes.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

B.O.H.I.C.A

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Please allow me to thank you for coming right out and saying it.
So sales potentials for the developers/manufacturers and free testing of their new products in a real setting.

In a nutshell. They're using it for real info, but it's also a demo of what it can do in action.

Rumor has it that new systems in the upper gigapixel range can also do nice sensor fusion and, say, maybe, do things like link cell phones to people's images and do facial recog as well. Or so I hear. And wouldn't that be a handy thing. If it were true.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

And wouldn't that be a handy thing. If it were true.

Indeed.
I don't really doubt that it is possible.

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   

edit on 7-5-2015 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2015 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

And yet American people do nothing.

At what point will even God give up on USA

Did he already.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join